PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps I should go back to a mech? /slash/ gun troubles ranting

barrel break
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I went to play some ball Friday night, Sk8ermog was there (lucky for me). I had a lot of fun, the most fun in fact I've had for like 9 months, or however long ago July was. Except for one thing. My new Defiant had problems the whole night, ultimately ending in me ditching it to play with an extremely sweet halfblock-bladed-lava cocker loaned to me by Sk8ermog.
My gun was chopping, randomly leaking, sometimes not shooting, inconsistant velocity, the works. not only that, it is unbalanced, and has a ugly feeling trigger.
[Wow, great job ruining any chance of selling it :rolleyes: ]

I'm wondering whether it might be worth it to go back to a mech, perhaps try using a mag for once. My cocker gave me trouble, but at least half the world knows how to fix it. Regardless, I need a new gun. What I REALLY want is the trigger pull of a super high end, like that eblade, but all of those are much out of my price range. Right now I'm looking at value of the gun, plus not too much.

Thoughts, comments?

And for good measure- :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Codekevin0403
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
ever bother considering an ion?

JRingold
03-28-2005, 09:46 PM
What about something from ICD?

Then again I love my mags, probably why I have three?

barrel break
03-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Yup, I've been considering an Ion. I'm not sure I'll have enough money for one though, and then there are the normal issues associated with a new product.

Something from ICD? ICD made the defiant. :P

mark_1791
03-28-2005, 09:53 PM
If you want mech with a tourney pull, you can wait for the PTP Pneumatic trigger to come out.

barrel break
03-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Don't mean to be sharp, but...
Did you miss the part about money? :(

purple
03-28-2005, 10:07 PM
how about not using bob long trash and getting a worthwile gun

Purple

JRingold
03-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Yup, I've been considering an Ion. I'm not sure I'll have enough money for one though, and then there are the normal issues associated with a new product.

Yeah, I was thinking Freestyle. Single tube blowforward... The Defiant is just a Bushy with Cocker threads, right? I've never used one...

barrel break
03-28-2005, 10:11 PM

Purple
mmmm, the taste of flaming at night. As was stated, made by ICD. Furthermore, when was the last time you shot a timmy?

Defiant Was a bushy with cocker threads, correct.
Freestyle? I WISH I had the money to shoot one.

JRingold
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, if you had about $300 for a new one, and then sold the Defiant for about $300...TADA you have $600 for a Freestyle. Is my math off?

Glickman
03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
do what i did.

GET AN ION! :D

another reason why im selling my shocker for another ion.

maintinance

nt2004
03-28-2005, 10:19 PM

Purple
you're the same kid who said cyborgs were timmy ripoffs like a week ago. I'm wondering, do you know anything about paintball guns?

JimmyBeam
03-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Yup, I've been considering an Ion.

maybe this will help persuade you a little more

http://aientity.com/uo/modules/ipboard/uploads/post-28-1112066243.jpg

barrel break
03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, if you had about $300 for a new one, and then sold the Defiant for about $300...TADA you have $600 for a Freestyle. Is my math off?
Sure, if I had $300, and paid $300 for the defiant. :tard:
I paid (won't actually say) but sub $200 for it. And have actually $0 cash right now.

JRingold
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Well that puts a damper on things. You want to buy a backup MiniMag?

punkncat
03-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Take a few deep breaths. Get your defiant looked at and try again. Reliability issues do stink though.....don't let it get you too down.

Heck if nothing else make sure your cocker backup is working right and use it. I played for years with a mech cocker against every fast electro out there. I was able to hold my own and gain quite a bit of respect along the way. I switched to an Xvalved mag for a while after that. I made lots of people wonder why they weren't still using a mech. I mean geez it shoots as fast most electros anyway....

But most importantly.

It isn't the marker, its the player.

gc82000
03-29-2005, 12:19 AM

this is said quite a lot but ppl still dont understand this.

What is wrong with your defiant, it cannot be that bad to the point it cannot be fixed anymore can it?

barrel break
03-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Take a few deep breaths. Get your defiant looked at and try again. Reliability issues do stink though.....don't let it get you too down.

Heck if nothing else make sure your cocker backup is working right and use it. I played for years with a mech cocker against every fast electro out there. I was able to hold my own and gain quite a bit of respect along the way. I switched to an Xvalved mag for a while after that. I made lots of people wonder why they weren't still using a mech. I mean geez it shoots as fast most electros anyway....

But most importantly.

Hehe, i WISH I still had my cocker. I sold it local, and the guy has abused it beyond my ability to look at it any more.
The defiant, mainly, I'm worried it is going to cost more to FIX, than it did to buy. Even then, i'm not too fond of it.

The Ion looks pretty attractive, though raising the cash for it might prove difficult. Because this thing sure won't fetch much.

Enemy
03-29-2005, 04:41 AM
ok yes i hate defiants too! try saving up again sell your defiant and look into something more to your liking maybe a used led trix they are decently cheap and work really really well or maybe a mech mag nothing beats an xvalve as long as you dont jump into the tourney scene!

tony3
03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
you're the same kid who said cyborgs were timmy ripoffs like a week ago. I'm wondering, do you know anything about paintball guns?

*wondering the same thing*

purple
03-29-2005, 10:41 AM

no, not a damn thing :rolleyes:

Purple

JoshK
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
try saving up again sell your defiant and look into something more to your liking maybe a used led trix they are decently cheap and work really really well

Wow... how many times does he have to mention money before someone will get it?

or maybe a mech mag nothing beats an xvalve as long as you dont jump into the tourney scene!

Again...how much are x-valves alone? Over 2/3 of what a Ion costs, and he said he can't afford one.

JimmyBeam
03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Again...how much are x-valves alone? Over 2/3 of what a Ion costs, and he said he can't afford one.

actually for those of us who do not want to trade in our old valves, the xvalve costs more than the Ion.

WenULiVeUdiE
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM

05 BKO perhaps? It will be more money than he has, but worth it. It comes standard with PDS so no more chops. And it has the trigger he wants.

What you expereinced should be expected when a gun 3 or 4 years old is bought. Seals are old and worn, internals porbably have old grease on them, worn springs, drity solenoid, etc.

barrel break
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Does anyone have enough parts around to make a el cheapo mag for me? :D [Bigcheesysmile]

AGD202
03-29-2005, 10:29 PM
dont go back to mech, u should either get a new shocker or an emag..... they are the best guns i have ever seen or used in my life... my bro uses a shocker and i use and emag... u could run an emag over w/ a steam roller and put sand through it and it wouldnt even know anything happened to them... or in other words... they just wont break

JoshK
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Does anyone have enough parts around to make a el cheapo mag for me? :D [Bigcheesysmile]

Look around in the f/s thread...there are plenty of nice people on these forums that will give you a good deal.

barrel break
03-29-2005, 10:45 PM
dont go back to mech, u should either get a new shocker or an emag..... they are the best guns i have ever seen or used in my life... my bro uses a shocker and i use and emag... u could run an emag over w/ a steam roller and put sand through it and it wouldnt even know anything happened to them... or in other words... they just wont break
Do you bother to read threads or what? :confused:

JoshK
03-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Do you bother to read threads or what? :confused:

Really...what are those peoples' problems.

paintballkid383
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
How much do u want for ur ion??? :confused: