PDA

View Full Version : AGD love! please share some!

insixdays777
03-28-2005, 10:08 PM
The forum has been getting me down lately. It seems so negative. I just wanted to say that I LOVE AGD. I am very proud to own two Automags. I am thankfull to be a part of such a great community. I am proud to explain to the 12 year olds that I dont shoot a shocker ,I shoot a ULE Custom made by AGD. I am proud that I have played with my ULE Custom for over a year, shot 15+ cases and have not choped a single ball! I am thankfull for all the great help and ideas that are shared on this forum! I am thankfull that AGD really cares about its customers... from the engineering, to the tech questions, to the blazing fast order processing its all awesome! Quality really does shoot straight. I cant wait to see what great things AGD will do in the future.

WHY DO YOU LOVE AGD???? :cheers:

JRingold
03-28-2005, 10:13 PM
After SEVEN years in storage, my MiniMag MM05343 still shoots well. I've put together a custom of my own and obtained an X-Mag and since the basic design is the same, I feel just as comfortable working on the $1000 X-Mag as I do the Classic.

insixdays777
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
thats awesome! :headbang:

AGDlover
03-28-2005, 10:29 PM
lol i thought you were callin me out there for a sec. lol ya ROCK ON AGD

gortman44
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
because my mag out shoots cockers, and im not talking speed. im talking distance baby. never chops. Tell me when i couldnt play because my gun wasnt working..... and it is never left to hang. i mean look you can get a devil frame, which i ordered, to bring it back up to speed. and fast at that. and who else has a mag on the same field that i play on. whos gonna call you that little jocker that always fallows everyone else. and if you are kicking people *** with a mag, they know you are hella good.( we dont tell them that our mags are just as good as there guns though when that happens)and my personal favorite.......... I love to watch people go wow, that thing kicks ***. just wait until i get the frame.

AGD FREAKIN ROCKS MY WORLD :headbang: :shooting:

JRingold
03-28-2005, 11:02 PM
My favorite sticker came with my X-Mag: "Tell your friends a MAG just owned you."

People say AGD needs to think "out of the box". They did that in 1990 and it's still the best design on the market. What more do people want?

insixdays777
03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
I love to watch people go wow, that thing kicks ***

amen.

ultralight
03-29-2005, 12:22 AM
when i was halfway through highschool i rediscovered paintball. my old man used to play on a league, and owned a VM-68 MAGNUM. i started playing again with that. by the end of senior year i was ready to buy a new marker. after researching my options i decided to build my own custom mag. i love AGD because i had the option to custom tailor every part of my new marker to my liking.

i love AGD because they made the beautiful piece of machinery that is my marker.

I love my mag because every time i walk on to the field i am instantly underestimated. :D

speaking of stickers, i read somewhere that someone was talking about making "MAGS SUCK" stickers for mag owners. anybody know anything about this?

jewie27
03-29-2005, 03:11 AM
The forum has been getting me down lately. It seems so negative. I just wanted to say that I LOVE AGD. I am very proud to own two Automags. I am thankfull to be a part of such a great community. I am proud to explain to the 12 year olds that I dont shoot a shocker ,I shoot a ULE Custom made by AGD. I am proud that I have played with my ULE Custom for over a year, shot 15+ cases and have not choped a single ball! I am thankfull for all the great help and ideas that are shared on this forum! I am thankfull that AGD really cares about its customers... from the engineering, to the tech questions, to the blazing fast order processing its all awesome! Quality really does shoot straight. I cant wait to see what great things AGD will do in the future.

WHY DO YOU LOVE AGD???? :cheers:

I love AGD because they innovate, not *cough* immitate. 'Mags were the first markers in the world to include integrated regulators, Level 10 is the first/original Anti-Chop bolt, not like those spring loaded ones you see. AGD was the first to create a pressure fed loading system. Tom Kaye brought nitro/compressed air to paintball. E/X-Mags are the only guns in the world that are hybrid electro/mechanical. AGD created the RT technology which has been copied by a company that starts with a T (similiar concept). AGD thinks outside the box and goes above and beyond all paintball companies. AGD provides the best customer service and support. You can buy direct from the company, unlike others.

No other valve in the world can match the recharge rate of the RT/X-Valve.

Who else can shoot 26 bps without shootdown?

SpecialBlend2786
03-29-2005, 03:23 AM
first marker was a minimag, still going strong, even after dropping it down the stairs. Valve sustained ZERO damage, gotta love SS.

I love mags. the end.

jewie27
03-29-2005, 03:25 AM
Cuz you don't have to "time" a 'Mag and there are no external moving parts like on a 'Cocker. No 3-way to leak... :p

I love AGD because they are not WGP.

mandatory
03-29-2005, 04:08 AM
I liek AGd cause its the only brand i have ever shot..also i really hat all the advertising hype stuff all the others compinies have to use to get you to buy their products. AGD knows their stuff is a quality product, and they just wait for all the "clouded" players to wise up. Thank you for not tacking on that extra $200+ dollers per marker to pay for flashy adds and overpaied "professionals" . you guys are the best..

Vex
03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
"Tell your friends a MAG just owned you."
JUST. PLAIN. AWESOME!

My Mag is only the third marker I've owned. After getting into the sport with a used Outlaw 2 pump, I quickly upgraded to a Pro-Lite and used that workhorse for about four years. After getting my Minimag, I swore I'd never use any other gun as my primary--and I won't! My Mag has never gone down hard on me (meaning that I wasn't able to play.)
Honestly, had it not been for a friend of mine buying a Classic Mag, I don't think I would have gotten mine. I loved the way it looked, felt, and performed!
Now, I'm the only person that I (personally) know that shoots a Mag. I get the strangest looks at the field--as you all know; and I love telling people that it's a Mag! Usually they just say, "Oh." Then, after I own them, they start to worship... :hail:

BigEvil
03-29-2005, 05:31 AM
Because in 1995 while I was researching a new gun to purchase, AGD was the only comapny to take some time talking on the phone with me answering my questions. Everyone else couldnt be bothered. A day later I bought my first automag (From Smart Parts, how ironic)

okiTony
03-29-2005, 05:38 AM
MAGS ALL THE WAY...THEY ROCK :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Once you go Mag you wont go back!!!! :cheers:

Enemy
03-29-2005, 06:07 AM
MAGS ALL THE WAY...THEY ROCK :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Once you go Mag you wont go back!!!! :cheers:

lmao im buying a dm4 in the next 2 weeks!!

still keeping my xmag though!

Maggot6
03-29-2005, 07:01 AM
My favorite sticker came with my X-Mag: "Tell your friends a MAG just owned you."

I want that sticker :eek:

I love my mag, because yesterday at the feild I discovered some poor soul who tinkered with his freestyle, and it's reg broke or something( I know nothing of freestyles..) and then he went to his trusty VF cocker. The 3 way hoses blew off, he put em back on, kept playing, it just shut down on him. AFter 3 hours of playing for 5 minutes and coming back, he got to play one game with a freestyle, and .5 with his cocker. And I could play every game I wanted, knowing I didn't even need a backup. I also love me mag, because at the end of the day, I had 2 people say "Man, that thing is mech but it is sweet" and another guy on MSN tell me that it was a "sick"..Gun.... Ha, I pity them and their high end markers that fail every game.
My favorite - (me)What kind of gun do you have there? " )other guy)Oh, This is an_____, it is an amazing gun
(me) I heard those things are good, could I just test it at the chrony or something? (other) actually, it's not working right now...

Thanks TK :bounce:

gamer
03-29-2005, 07:16 AM
i love my mag, ive owned it for 10 years now and very reliable, as a matter of fact i own 3 now. we only play woodsball no serious competitions but wouldnt hesitate to use it. ive been out of the sport for about 5 years and just getting back in and this is the best site ive seen(partial to AGD).

insixdays777
03-29-2005, 08:54 AM
:clap: keep'm come'n :clap:

mandatory
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
yeah i love the reaction my mag gets at the field,. people are always "man you rip on that thing..is that a shocker?"..i juat laugh..I cant wait till my devilmag gets here and then people will really be suprised! I also like doing the Zak Vetter "robustness" test for people at the field. what i do is put my mag on the ground, let who ever wants to unlode their hopper, cover it in paint, then pile dirt on top of it. the kids look at me like " you just ruined your gun" then i dunk it in water, which makes their eyes bulge out even more, swish it around for a few seconds, put my hopper back on and procede to get 8-10 bps right away..thanks for the bet winner zak....i have wone 2 bets using that same set up and betting people that my gun would work like new after all that...extra paint for me...hahahha

Target Practice
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
I love AGD because every time I was bored or didn't have anything to do, I knew I could always work on my perpetually broken Emag or RTP. It was grrrrreeeeeeaaaaat! :thumbsup:

frontrunner
03-30-2005, 12:04 AM
I love AGD because they sale thier guns on tech and word of mouth and they stand by them

ther are no flash bs ads, no fancy milling and how many other companies offer you a chair to chill with them at events(john and potatoboy rock)

Chris_automag_07
03-30-2005, 02:04 AM
just love how small they are........by the way, how does the devil mag frame do?
thinking of getting one if it is worth it.

Maggot6
03-30-2005, 12:14 PM
To add to how that guy bets his mag can so so much damage.I've never put my mag under water, can you just actually leave it in and take it out and it will shoot fine?

jewie27
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
To add to how that guy bets his mag can so so much damage.I've never put my mag under water, can you just actually leave it in and take it out and it will shoot fine?

As long as it not electronic and it's aired up.

The air in the lines and valve will keep the water out.

JRingold
04-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Cuz you don't have to "time" a 'Mag and there are no external moving parts like on a 'Cocker. No 3-way to leak... :p

I love AGD because they are not WGP.

This made me think of a joke: How do you time a 'Cocker? In Days or Weeks? Not the process, the amount of time it takes! :rofl:

JRingold
04-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Yesterday, I got our on my usual field with my new X-Mag. You would not believe the heads that were turning. I got sooooo many "that's a mag?" comments. Then I turned it on! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :wow:

JUST. PLAIN. AWESOME!

My Mag is only the third marker I've owned. After getting into the sport with a used Outlaw 2 pump, I quickly upgraded to a Pro-Lite and used that workhorse for about four years. After getting my Minimag, I swore I'd never use any other gun as my primary--and I won't! My Mag has never gone down hard on me (meaning that I wasn't able to play.)
Honestly, had it not been for a friend of mine buying a Classic Mag, I don't think I would have gotten mine. I loved the way it looked, felt, and performed!
Now, I'm the only person that I (personally) know that shoots a Mag. I get the strangest looks at the field--as you all know; and I love telling people that it's a Mag! Usually they just say, "Oh." Then, after I own them, they start to worship... :hail:

jewie27
04-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Yesterday, I got our on my usual field with my new X-Mag. You would not believe the heads that were turning. I got sooooo many "that's a mag?" comments. Then I turned it on! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :wow:

What else did they say about it? Was it a good experience? I bet people weren't baggin' on Mags after they saw how it beats the crap outta their markers. Did you show them it's also mechanical and electronic? Did you demonstrate Level 10?

I bet they thought it was a Shocker.

People are always suprised that I play with a Mag.

bound for glory
04-04-2005, 12:53 AM
i'm very proud to say i've owned every mag thats been made.micromag too. great gun . great company. i now shoot emag#169 and it :shooting: just wish i would have spent the extra $$ on an xmag... i love mags :)

StygShore
04-04-2005, 12:04 PM
I have to admit, I shot mags back in 1990 and 1991, and when paint got more brittle, I went to cockers, then floated around between high and low end markers over the years.

I went to IAO when the ULT was released, and thats when my pocketbook problems began....

I built a maxed out KARTA setup, and abolutely LOVE IT! I outshoot my reloader and revvy on a pretty normal basis, the thing rips streams of paint, and my custom Full Title J&J kit works beautiful with it.

I constantly get asked, hey do you have eyes on that? It shoots fast enough everyone thinks it is an electro, but I'm not afraid to play in the downpouring rain and sloppy mud with mine :)

Thanks AGD, glad I came back to you after all these years.

Styg

jewie27
04-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I have to admit, I shot mags back in 1990 and 1991, and when paint got more brittle, I went to cockers, then floated around between high and low end markers over the years.

I went to IAO when the ULT was released, and thats when my pocketbook problems began....

I built a maxed out KARTA setup, and abolutely LOVE IT! I outshoot my reloader and revvy on a pretty normal basis, the thing rips streams of paint, and my custom Full Title J&J kit works beautiful with it.

I constantly get asked, hey do you have eyes on that? It shoots fast enough everyone thinks it is an electro, but I'm not afraid to play in the downpouring rain and sloppy mud with mine :)

Thanks AGD, glad I came back to you after all these years.

Styg

How is your ULT setup right now? How many shims and what's your input pressure from your tank. I just played two days ago and shot a case of paint with my ULT. For me, it seems slower than the stock on/off but I like the light pull. Maybe I haven't broken it in yet.

Do you just fan the trigger?

StygShore
04-04-2005, 01:31 PM
No, actually not having problems with the mag, been so long since I touched the ULT and shims and such, I honestly couldnt tell you my setup now :) <-- that's a good thing!

Just meant this thing is faster than I ever need it to be ( able to outshoot my hopper - no breaks, lvl 10 works flawlessly )

The ULT is lighter than the standard trigger, and provides less reactivity. I use a 92/4500 Crossfire high pressure thank on mine ( 850 output ) and it works great!! With my stock Xvalve on/off in there, i had runaway and bounce problems, the ULT cured all those.

I would suggest up your input pressure if you can a little bit, and that will get you some speed back in your trigger.

Styg

JRingold
04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
What else did they say about it? Was it a good experience? I bet people weren't baggin' on Mags after they saw how it beats the crap outta their markers. Did you show them it's also mechanical and electronic? Did you demonstrate Level 10?

I bet they thought it was a Shocker.

People are always suprised that I play with a Mag.

The entire day was great. I took it out into the woods for an attack/defend game just for initmidation purposes. Everytime I would shoot a lane where someone was going to move, the entire side of the fort ducked. I was doing great until the other side got overwhelmed and I took one in the back of the head.

One dude just got a new Evil Pimp, we went toe to toe on the speedball field, that is when people started looking at the X-Mag more closely. It's strange how more speed in the marker makes you play a bit more agressive.

The Level 10 is old news, as I have one on my Classic and on my Mechanical, so they have seen that demonstration before. I didn't get the Shocker comment because I was playing against someone with one and there is definately an appearance difference between the shockers and the X-Mags.

Other comments, that I remember: I didn't know Mags looked like that. What, you can swap the valve between the mechanical and the electro? (Meaning between an RT-Pro and the X-Mag).

Now I just wish I could get a drop or a dovetail annoed the same Pewter color.

kurama
04-06-2005, 08:28 AM
I love my classic mag since the only problems its ever had were caused by my own stupidity. Its pretty much a tank. If I could sell my dang impulse (no market on them right now...) I'd definately get another mag.

You know that when you buy a product from AGD, that it will either work or they will fix/replace it free of charge. With many companies these days, you're really unsure if they will replace a faulty marker and many more faulty markers come from them.

I love my teammate's emag. I want one. Its a high end electro combined with AGD's legendary quality. I feel sorry for him, its always mistaken for a shocker for some reason.

It seems that the average joe of paintball doesn't think much of AGD. Being supporters of anything AGD (we like sheridans too), and proud mag owners, my teammate and I always let people use our mags. Why? We don't have to worry about it breaking in other peoples hands, so there is no stress in loaning it out. We've gotten many people to realize just how fast an automag can be, and how underestimated they are.