PDA

View Full Version : Girl shoots burglar with paintball gun

professor_chaos
03-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Just caught this on the news. Girl in Oklahoma City was home alone and heard a strange noise outside and immediately went for the paintball gun. She stepped out the back door and shot the burglar 4-5 times before he leaped the fence yelling " I've been shot". Thought it was kinda neat, I will get the link when it's posted on the site.

Glickman
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
heh nice. except what if the robber shot at her back?

1. get out of house

2. call police from neighbors

pointm@n
03-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Was the burglar wearing the proper safety equipment?

Had the marker been properly chronoed? :nono:

;)

txaggie08
03-28-2005, 10:20 PM
hope she "eyeballed" the chrono with an allen wrench.........is it bad when the reg is turned up so high air is leaking

gortman44
03-28-2005, 11:02 PM
thats my personal dream. But if it was me i would of bunkered the mother......... :shooting: :ninja: :dance:

NigelF
03-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Glad that worked out, but it was a helluva risky move. I'll echo that sentiment of "what if he had returned fire?" I gaurantee he would have been shooting hot. I think the last thing I would have gone for is my paintball gun. More likely it would have been my cell phone in one hand and a 1911 in the other. But with a choice between the two, I would much rather dial.

Nigel F

professor_chaos
03-28-2005, 11:33 PM
She was shooting a mechanical spyder clone, no electro for major bonus balling. She did say that she had called 911.

hgryhgryhipo04
03-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Most burglers are panzies who are little girls. They would be scered

germanman
03-28-2005, 11:42 PM
I'll bunker him all right, with my Colt Python. And bunker bonuses do count... :argh:

gc82000
03-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Some of you guys make me laugh, you other make me glad I live on Guam. Now did she hit the gy 4-5 times, was he shot at 4-5 times?

Hope she had her mask on.

jewie27
03-28-2005, 11:57 PM
That's so frickin' awesome. Was the gun already loaded and gassed up? I would have been cool if the gun was automatic.... Aim right for the face. LOL, turn the velocity way over 300 fps.

WickeDKlowN
03-29-2005, 12:09 AM
heh nice. except what if the robber shot at her back?

1. get out of house

2. call police from neighbors
No no.

1. Grab ought six
2. Splatter burglars brains across back yard.

BD_Paintball
03-29-2005, 12:15 AM
No no.

1. Grab ought six
2. Splatter burglars brains across back yard.
3. Go to jail :cry:

Miscue
03-29-2005, 12:27 AM
She got lucky - I think that's a stupid thing to do.

armyballer
03-29-2005, 12:29 AM
I'll bunker him all right, with my Colt Python. And bunker bonuses do count... :argh:
word id get him with the shotty first then the 45 if he could still move

frop
03-29-2005, 12:34 AM
word id get him with the shotty first then the 45 if he could still move
:rofl: Play a little too much CS?

In all reality, I wouldnt be suprised if she if charged with some kind of violent crime. Stupid modern justice system :mad:

Glickman
03-29-2005, 12:42 AM
:rofl: Play a little too much CS?

In all reality, I wouldnt be suprised if she if charged with some kind of violent crime. Stupid modern justice system :mad:

just because he was tresspassing and trying to rob her doesnt mean SHE can touch HIM!

naw, thats just plain wrong. :D

VFX_Fenix
03-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I dunno, the .30-06 SPR round is a pretty BIG round for "home defense" eesh. 12ga. .38 SPC loaded with some snake shot or light loads, 9mm frangible, I dunno, SOMETHING that won't punch through everything short of a cement wall before stopping.

THere's nothing really more frightening than hearing someone wrack a 12 ga. pump....

Moving up from bird shot to 00 Buckshot and Slugs, there's an "ideal" home defense weapon.

As the local PD once told me, "If you have to shoot someone in self defense, make sure they're dead, it cuts down the paper work and your chances of doing time."

ANyway, I'm glad the girl was able to "fend off" the burgler and didn't end up as an epitaph because the bad guy was packing more than a flashlight and a ski-mask.

Glickman
03-29-2005, 12:53 AM
I dunno, the .30-06 SPR round is a pretty BIG round for "home defense" eesh. 12ga. .38 SPC loaded with some snake shot or light loads, 9mm frangible, I dunno, SOMETHING that won't punch through everything short of a cement wall before stopping.

of course you dont want everyone laughing at you when you paperwork says "killed intruder with semi automatic .22 caliber pistol"

"demolished 'would-be' intruder with .45 caliber desert eagle" just sounds so much cooler ;)

txaggie08
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
i love texas. its legal to shoot people for trespassing here. and im nto talking like your life is in danger. here those signs saying"tresspassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"....... yeah when your in texas pay attention to those, there serious.

**edit**that was a Texas state troopers example to me. im not joking.....

indulgence
03-29-2005, 01:15 AM
If you are willing to go through many long hours of court and everything, technically, in any state, you can shoot anyone that is on your "property". If you see a burglar on your driveway, wait for him to get into your frontyard, better yet, your house. Kinda hard to disprove that he wasn't on your property. :D

Glickman
03-29-2005, 01:18 AM
If you are willing to go through many long hours of court and everything, technically, in any state, you can shoot anyone that is on your "property". If you see a burglar on your driveway, wait for him to get into your frontyard, better yet, your house. Kinda hard to disprove that he wasn't on your property. :D

expecially when you see the giant blood stain that starts in the driveway, and ends up in your broken window where you "found him" :D

txaggie08
03-29-2005, 01:21 AM

its alot less difficult to prove it here. if hes on your property period and you "feel hes threatening you or your property"(aka he was there, i thought he was gonna do somethin) you can blast his ***. he doesnt have to be doing anything illegal except tresspassing. you cant be prosecuted for it.....(little more to it than that but thats the basic idea......)

noahyay
03-29-2005, 02:01 AM
you should be able to shoot ppl that are stealing from u

but on the other hand i think guns should be illegal

and an another hand i trespass a lot when going on trails or exploring in AK

jewie27
03-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Where's the link to this story? I want to read it.

armyballer
03-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Play a little too much CS?

of course you dont want everyone laughing at you when you paperwork says "killed intruder with semi automatic .22 caliber pistol"

"demolished 'would-be' intruder with .45 caliber desert eagle" just sounds so much cooler ;)
nah i never play any cs i just sleep with a 12GA by my bed and my "baby ealge" 45 in my nightstand i dont live in the best nieghborhood and using my fullsize desert eagle would go straight thru the wall but tthe 00 buck shot and the 12GA slugs should take care of him the 45 and the 50 are more for fun then anything else

Glickman
03-29-2005, 02:21 AM
nah i never play any cs i just sleep with a 12GA by my bed and my "baby ealge" 45 in my nightstand i dont live in the best nieghborhood and using my fullsize desert eagle would go straight thru the wall but tthe 00 buck shot and the 12GA slugs should take care of him the 45 and the 50 are more for fun then anything else

a baby 45 wouldnt?

well put it this way.

its either plastering one large hole, or picking out many little balls, and then plastering them

. vs . . .

Skywalker
03-29-2005, 02:28 AM
I thought it was only self defense if you find someone inside your house and then take a course of action?

If it was me, a baseball bat to the noodle would do the trick. :argh:

Glickman
03-29-2005, 02:31 AM
I thought it was only self defense if you find someone inside your house and then take a course of action?

If it was me, a baseball bat to the noodle would do the trick. :argh:

make sure it says yankees on it.

if it says mets, it would probably miss.

wooooah *fat brian griffen voice* im thso naaasty

Skywalker
03-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Oh crap, I'm definately in trouble then. It says Philadelphia Phillies. :eek:

Enemy
03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
:spit_take those last two where great!!!

but yeah self defense as written now is that you have to believe you are in imminent danger. ie dont shot in back dont chase down street and dont finish him off!! but im going to pass on the shotgun and just go straight for the ar15! nothing gets compliance like an assault rifle in the face! oh and to all who have them dont bother with tasers unless they are police issue they really just annoy people trust me we tested the best of them they just effect the local arear of the shock and thats all!

professor_chaos
03-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Sorry I still don't have a direct link to the story. www.kfor.com is the news channel that showed the story, can't find anything about the paintball-burgular though.

TERRY AGD
03-29-2005, 09:12 AM
if someone was stupid enuff to try to break in my house,i got a few xmags ,,a few ak47,2ar15,and 3 rottweilers,hummm witch one to use :rolleyes:

fire1811
03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
if someone was stupid enuff to try to break in my house,i got a few xmags ,,a few ak47,2ar15,and 3 rottweilers,hummm witch one to use :rolleyes:

the bad thing is the rottweilers would beat you to it.

I have some home defense rounds in a few of my pistols the look like they would leave a mighty big hole :shooting:

peewee
03-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I know about the dogs getting to them before you can!!! My dog got ahold of a gal trying to get into my back yard (came over a six foot fence). I hope the gal had a "dial a welt" on the marker!!!! Believe it or not the 22 round has killed more people that you can believe. Because it doesnt just blow a hole, it kind of bounces around inside. Thats what killed my brothers mom.

craltal
03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
like a 12g slug won't go through a person? if they can bury themselves in an engine block a person's body sure isn't going to stop it.

As for the dogs, if they bite, those will put you into court faster than shooting an intruder unless you can prove that they are properly (and professionally) trained.

fire1811
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
like a 12g slug won't go through a person? if they can bury themselves in an engine block a person's body sure isn't going to stop it.

Slug
1560 fps from a 2 3/4" high-brass shell, 1680 fps from a 2 3/4" Magnum shell, or 1760 fps from a 3" Magnum shell. These are Remington figures from their 2004 catalog

30.06 Sprfd 2,920

might go though a person but not at near the speed of a 30.06

ben-afficial
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
paintball related crimes are happening more offten in my town...about a weeka go some stupid kids did a drive by with a grav fed spyder on me and some of my friends.....grav-fed....so he actually chopped allota paint....they werent cot :dance:

WickeDKlowN
03-29-2005, 11:48 AM
3. Go to jail :cry:
If they're breaking into your house, they're fair game, arn't they?

Either way, the 30-06 would be sorta hard to get to fast. The 410 we keep downstairs for pesky coons and stuff would be alot easier except it would probobly just piss him off..

MadChild
03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Was the burglar wearing the proper safety equipment?

Had the marker been properly chronoed? :nono:

;)

hahahaahaha

craltal
03-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Slug
1560 fps from a 2 3/4" high-brass shell, 1680 fps from a 2 3/4" Magnum shell, or 1760 fps from a 3" Magnum shell. These are Remington figures from their 2004 catalog

30.06 Sprfd 2,920

might go though a person but not at near the speed of a 30.06

LOL, true. the 30-06 will travel a heck of a lot farther, but due weights of the projectilse, the slug slows down a lot faster (which is why the effective range of a 30-06 is SO much farther than a shot gun) but it makes up for that fact by doing a ton more damage.

bull
03-29-2005, 01:00 PM
I love it when people talk guns who really don't have a clue :clap:

bleachit
03-29-2005, 01:04 PM
If they're breaking into your house, they're fair game, arn't they?

Im pretty sure that in New York State, any house is fair game for burglars, but if you try to defend your house you get thrown in jail... possibly the death penalty, not sure. but yeah, Im pretty sure robbers have more rights than the home owners. stupid new york. I hate this state.

:rolleyes:

yakitori
03-29-2005, 01:06 PM
i love texas. its legal to shoot people for trespassing here. and im nto talking like your life is in danger. here those signs saying"tresspassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"....... yeah when your in texas pay attention to those, there serious.

**edit**that was a Texas state troopers example to me. im not joking.....

thats not true. You cannot shoot anyone just because they are trespassing. You can call the law on them, but you cannot shoot them unless they your life is danger.

You cannot shoot anyone on your property unless they have entered your home. If someone is crawling through your window, you better wait until the get far enough in that they dont fall outside, or else you could possibly be charged.

You can shoot anyone, but you must face the consequences of your actions. A man is not considered a burgler unless he has committed an act that leads him to be one. If they guy just walks on your property, there is nothing you can do, but ask them to leave. If they dont, then call the laws on them, and they will be charged w/ trespassing.

Why would you want to blow someone away. Even if I caught someone in my backyard trying to get into my shed, I wouldnt blow them away for it. Geez man, if you do, you have absolutely no heart or respect for life, and you deserve to be prosecuted.

I know for a fact that my viking w/ Angry halo on Debounce 1 and a full hopper, that anyone getting shot w/ it is turning the other direction and running. Unless the guy breaks into your house w/ paintball mask on, its gonna do some damage.

craltal
03-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I love it when people talk guns who really don't have a clue :clap:

that had best not be directed at me...

bull
03-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Forget it no harm was ment, but 12 ga. slugs don't bury themselves in engine blocks. I have seen 12 slugs shot a vehicle and they ricohet off the hood and did not stop the vehicle. The key is not the weight of a bullet or fast it goes. Its a combination of speed, weight and design. Some rounds have been found to be a great performer normal, but change the bullet and it sucks ie: the military 5.56 mm green tip vs. LE federal tactical rounds.

VFX_Fenix
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I suppose bull was calling out on me :D

Eh, Big heavy bullets traveling at the same relative speed as a smaller lighter bullet will carry more energy but lack the penetrating power of the smaller round.

Consider a 10 penny nail vs. a Railroad spike. The 10 penny will be easier to drive into a block of wood and can be done with a small hammer. The Railroad spike will require, a larger hammer in order to penetrate the block of wood. OR you can think of the nail and spike with the same energy (the nail will be traveling faster) hitting a block of wood. The nail will most likely stick, the spike'll probably just nock the block over. :D

Stix
03-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I hope America never gets this PC

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=364438

VFX_Fenix
03-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Nooooooo!!! The EVIL Glock Forums!!!! I'm blind.... I'm blind!!!! ACH!!!!

bull
03-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Sorry not really trying to call anyone out ;) You anology sounds good and is true is some aspects. Consider this, if you fire a 50 cal BMG round and a 5.56 round which will have better penetration at any distrance. Now that is using two rounds that are pretty far apart. Bullet design also has a effect. The army green round is designed to be somewhat as a armor pirecing round. The problem is when it hits a person it just zips through like a icepick. Making a neat hole with no damage. LE hollowpoints do not have this problem and show to have a "better first hit" take down, while some soliders complain that the green tip does not put someone down and takes multiple hits to do so. Alot of this is subjective and firearms is still a art and not always a science. sorry about the spelling I am not the greatest typest.

craltal
03-29-2005, 02:06 PM
A wink is the same as a nod to a blind man.... (it's so tough to read sarcasm)

it's cool, bull. I understand what you are saying. I've seen slugs both penetrate and ricochet off. However when it comes to penetration versus people, this discussion is moot...

lol.

Dryden
03-29-2005, 02:22 PM
If you see a burglar on your driveway, wait for him to get into your frontyard, better yet, your house. Kinda hard to disprove that he wasn't on your property. :D
Really, this is a bad idea too. The smart thing to do is to attempt to sneak out of your home and call 911 from a safe distance away. The burglar could just as well say he was walking down the street in front of your home when you assulted him and kidnapped him.

True story:

My home was broken into about 15 years ago. I was in high school at the time, and the break-in occured at about 2:30 in the afternoon. My father came home from golfing and walked inside the front door with the burglar standing about 20 feet away in the kitchen. Dad later told me he even said 'Hello' to the burglar, thinking it was one of my friends -- that we had ditched our last class of the day, which my clique back then frequently did. When the burglar never said anything back, dad realized exactly what was happening and rushed him. Long story short, dad was the hero for the day, but the first detective on the scene (a friend of my fathers even) warned that for his sake, they'd better find a broken window and some fingerprints somewhere. A lot of these incidents wind up as a he-said-she-said affair, and can end very, very badly for the victim. In our case, dad "got lucky" in that all of my CDs and my Sega Genesis were shoved in a duffel bag in my room, though I hadn't been home to do that. That was the only evidence that proved a burglar was in our home, rather than dad being a kidnapper, nevermind the stranger laying face down on the kitchen floor, unconscious 'cause dad laid him out.

You should also always assume that burglars are working in pairs, with someone on lookout. It simply isn't worth it.

The woman in this story got lucky. 9 times out of 10 this story is just another break-in/assult where you shake your head and wonder why a burglar would've killed her over a TV, a Playstation, an iPod ...

yakitori
03-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I think that todays burglers are smarter than ppl are giving credit for. Many of them dress as a utilities worker w/ the uniform and even a fake meter, and pretend to be meter reading...etc. Chances are that you wont even know that someone is staking out your home to rob it when you arent there. Why would someone break in when you are Obviously home instead of lurking and finding out your schedule times, and hitting your home when youre gone. Then they can take their time and get what they want.

VFX_Fenix
03-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry not really trying to call anyone out ;) You anology sounds good and is true is some aspects. Consider this, if you fire a 50 cal BMG round and a 5.56 round which will have better penetration at any distrance. Now that is using two rounds that are pretty far apart. Bullet design also has a effect. The army green round is designed to be somewhat as a armor pirecing round. The problem is when it hits a person it just zips through like a icepick. Making a neat hole with no damage. LE hollowpoints do not have this problem and show to have a "better first hit" take down, while some soliders complain that the green tip does not put someone down and takes multiple hits to do so. Alot of this is subjective and firearms is still a art and not always a science. sorry about the spelling I am not the greatest typest.

lol I was reffereing more to the 12 ga. Slug vs. the .30-06 :D

One thing that someone said that kinda strikes me as odd, but hey. Millitary rounds are designed to wound rather than kill, reason being that when you wound an enemy soldier you not only remove that soldier from the fight but at least one other who stops to help his buddy out. If you kill'em, they're dead and there's no helping them. LE rounds are, by design, intended to kill.

bull
03-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Fenix I'll argue this point with you :)

LE rounds are not designed to kill. The one thing a LE is trained to do is shoot to incapacitate, not to kill. We shoot to stop. If has been found the fastest way to stop someone from their intended action is a shot to center mass. This is really what the military wants too. Yes it has always been said a wounded enemy takes up more logistics and personnel than a dead man, but..... The military designs their rounds to be the most lethal(deadly) within certian guidelines. Shortetrm wounding is nice, but longterm killing is better for the military (moral of enemy). They shout kill in bootcamp not wound :D .

Lohman446
03-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Fenix I'll argue this point with you :)

LE rounds are not designed to kill. The one thing a LE is trained to do is shoot to incapacitate, not to kill. We shoot to stop. If has been found the fastest way to stop someone from their intended action is a shot to center mass.

This is how most shooters in defensive situations are trained - and its not just for physical purposes. Most handguns, with good ammo, shot to the center of mass or just a bit above are extremely deadly. However, it is good to be able to look at someone in court and say - I was shooting to stop the attack, nothing more. You were not shooting to kill someone, you just happened to.

bull
03-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Thats about it

Lohman446
03-29-2005, 03:29 PM
NRA cases teach multiple shots aimed towards the center of mass. Acceptable "defensive" accuracy involves a circle centered in that area with an 8" diameter. The courses also teach to fire until the threat stops - as in at least a few shots. Look at center of mass on yourself, then hold up a pie plate there... now adjsut it a touch higher (one of those unwritten rules). Those shots, spread out a bit, are going to be deadly. I reiterate you were not shooting to kill, you were shooting to stop the imminent and serious threat of great bodily harm (theres other situations, but that tends to be the words that need to be heard from a civilian)... it was just deadly because... well it was.

Tim 3
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Great job to the girl! I guess a spyder has done some thing worth commending. :cheers:
:headbang:
Tim

Codekevin0403
03-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Wow that girls got ballz

professor_chaos
03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
They finally posted the link on their site.

http://www.kfor.com/Global/category.asp?C=5529&nav=6uy6 in the middle of the page under featured videos "Domestic Diva"

Big Weapons
03-30-2005, 01:16 AM
It's good to see she walks around with a barrel plug on when she's not shooting criminals

jewie27
03-30-2005, 02:23 AM
That's was cool. Looked like a Viewloader paintgun.

Buff
03-30-2005, 02:31 AM
The problem is when it hits a person it just zips through like a icepick. Making a neat hole with no damage.

Actually........within 175-200M, the 5.56 round has enough velocity to shatter on impact, even JHP rounds...... :D

Just have to have good ammo, thats all

bull
03-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Actually........within 175-200M, the 5.56 round has enough velocity to shatter on impact, even JHP rounds...... :D

Just have to have good ammo, thats all
You have to read the entire paragraph. Iam talking about the green tip ammo used by most military units. And rounds dont shatter on impact (unless you are using frangible rounds) the mushroom or tumble, espiscally if they are JHP

astroboy
03-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Baton Rouge, Lousiana--October 17, 1992--8:30 P.M....

“A Japanese exchange student, Yoshihiro Hattori, was searching for a
party he had been invited to. Thinking he had found the house in which
the social would take place, Yoshihiro knocked on the door. Not
knowing that they had the wrong house Yoshihiro and his companion
startled the proprietor. After having the front door shut in their
face the two boys began walking back to Yoshihiro's car. Yoshihiro
Hattori and his friend, Webb Haymaker, then turned back towards the
house upon hearing the carport door open behind them. Instead of
seeing the party's host, these two boys were greeted by a " 'Freeze' "
and a .44 Magnum-carrying Rodney Peairs. Yoshihiro, thinking he had
found the party after all, stepped towards Mr. Peairs and said, "
'We're here for the party' ". Webb Haymaker then found himself
standing over his dying friend, Yoshihiro Hattore, a victim of
unintentional homicide.”

“In Baton Rouge, Rodney Peairs, the homeowner who gunned down Yoshi
Hattori, was indicted by a grand jury. He was charged with
manslaughter and put on trial in May. The jury, apprently convinced
that Peairs was well within his rights to blow away an inquiring
teenager, deliberated for just over three hours before acquitting
him.”

thats not true. You cannot shoot anyone just because they are trespassing. You can call the law on them, but you cannot shoot them unless they your life is danger.

You cannot shoot anyone on your property unless they have entered your home. If someone is crawling through your window, you better wait until the get far enough in that they dont fall outside, or else you could possibly be charged.

You can shoot anyone, but you must face the consequences of your actions. A man is not considered a burgler unless he has committed an act that leads him to be one. If they guy just walks on your property, there is nothing you can do, but ask them to leave. If they dont, then call the laws on them, and they will be charged w/ trespassing.

Why would you want to blow someone away. Even if I caught someone in my backyard trying to get into my shed, I wouldnt blow them away for it. Geez man, if you do, you have absolutely no heart or respect for life, and you deserve to be prosecuted.

I know for a fact that my viking w/ Angry halo on Debounce 1 and a full hopper, that anyone getting shot w/ it is turning the other direction and running. Unless the guy breaks into your house w/ paintball mask on, its gonna do some damage.

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 03:09 PM
In MI the standard for deadly force outside of your house is the attacker would represent a reasonable threat to a person of your knowledge/skills/size/etc. of imminent and serious bodily harm with no possibility of retreat on your part.

In MI firing of any firearm (even a warning shot) is the same as if you had shot to kill in the eyes of the law, granted you would get it plead down, but legally if you fire a warning shot you have used deadly force.

In your own home, and possibly in your yard (there is a test case that indicates this though the person shot in defense was a convicted criminal) you do not have the duty to retreat - you may defend your castle. However, you still may not shoot someone who does not present a reasonable, serious, and imminent threat of severe bodily harm.

There are ways to get around this, the fleeing felon rule, as well as citizens arrest. However you are getting into things that you must legally do "just right" in order to justify the use of lethal force and most people do not have the ability to do them under stress, and then prove they did.

etjoyride
03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
first of all the girl in the vid. wasn't wearing a mask :eek: and secondly i would have grabbed my .357 or 12ga. :shooting:
but thats just me

gc82000
03-31-2005, 08:24 AM
As for the dogs, if they bite, those will put you into court faster than shooting an intruder unless you can prove that they are properly (and professionally) trained.

Hell even properly trained dogs are put down if they attack or bite a person. I remember the story of a women in California who was attacked by two Presas (think huge@&* pits) and mualed to death. The owners were put in jail and the dogs were put down. The dogs were sostrong they broke through the apartment door and each were larger then the women who was attacked.

I know there is someone here that knows what I am talking about.

yakitori
03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
So he was still arrested and charged w/ manslaughter right? answer that w/ yes or no please.

also what source please? do you get the baton rouge times in ontario?

even if partially true, Im sure the deliberation was over whether or not the killer was "threatened" by the teenager walking toward him after a gun has been pointed in his direction.

And besides.....the teenager was a minority and the south is racist and segregated, so that couldve contributed to the decision of the Jury.....but, he was still arrested and charged w/ the crime. It was the jury that was conviced by the drama in the courtroom....and I think that is a shame.

Baton Rouge, Lousiana--October 17, 1992--8:30 P.M....

“A Japanese exchange student, Yoshihiro Hattori, was searching for a
party he had been invited to. Thinking he had found the house in which
the social would take place, Yoshihiro knocked on the door. Not
knowing that they had the wrong house Yoshihiro and his companion
startled the proprietor. After having the front door shut in their
face the two boys began walking back to Yoshihiro's car. Yoshihiro
Hattori and his friend, Webb Haymaker, then turned back towards the
house upon hearing the carport door open behind them. Instead of
seeing the party's host, these two boys were greeted by a " 'Freeze' "
and a .44 Magnum-carrying Rodney Peairs. Yoshihiro, thinking he had
found the party after all, stepped towards Mr. Peairs and said, "
'We're here for the party' ". Webb Haymaker then found himself
standing over his dying friend, Yoshihiro Hattore, a victim of
unintentional homicide.”

“In Baton Rouge, Rodney Peairs, the homeowner who gunned down Yoshi
Hattori, was indicted by a grand jury. He was charged with
manslaughter and put on trial in May. The jury, apprently convinced
that Peairs was well within his rights to blow away an inquiring
teenager, deliberated for just over three hours before acquitting
him.”

txaggie08
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM

didnt say i personaly shoot people for tresspassing, but yes in Texas that is the law.....sorry.

;ast time we had tresspassers all it took was the sound of a shotgun cocking(empty i might add....i was drunk and had hid all the ammunition).

the laws in texas are actualy there because of cattle rustling(wich is still a big problem) and people stealing from farmers. i mean crap, horse theivery still carried the death penalty not that many years ago(hadnt been inforced in god knows when,but it was)

txaggie08
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
And besides.....the teenager was a minority and the south is racist and segregated, .

ooh arent we a biggited little jerk. i take high offense to that. were so racist and bigoted down here the black guy living next door to me in this dorm quakes in his boot lemme tell you(if there were mopre sarcasm dripping off this i would short my keyboard out).

i hate ignorance on a grand scale. confratulations youve just accomplished two things. youve made me dislike you for one, and youve shown what a biggoted little jerk you are.

NigelF
03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
They finally posted the link on their site.

http://www.kfor.com/Global/category.asp?C=5529&nav=6uy6 in the middle of the page under featured videos "Domestic Diva"

I cant believe her dad actually told her to get the paintball gun if someone broke in... thats lunacy.

txaggie08
03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
I cant believe her dad actually told her to get the paintball gun if someone broke in... thats lunacy.

I guess paintball guns qualify as "motivational speaking" now. I know ive used them for that before.

Hope I didn't spell anything wrong, grammar Nazi's might come after me.

skife
03-31-2005, 12:30 PM
she was using crappy paint, it looked as if it was mostly water inside the paintball.

definatally not good for playing indoors with poor lighting.

Athius
03-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Lol i would do that but it would be cool if it was with pepper spary paintballs that swat uses.

Man i want pepper paintballs i would put like 20 in every pod so that nobody cheat.

NigelF
03-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Man i want pepper paintballs i would put like 20 in every pod so that nobody cheat.

Not following the logic there.

Chris42050
03-31-2005, 05:57 PM
Why is the father a lunatic for telling his daughter to call 911 and get the paintball gun for protection? :confused:

Glickman
03-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Why is the father a lunatic for telling his daughter to call 911 and get the paintball gun for protection? :confused:

hmm lets see.

if the burgler did have a gun, whats the liklyhood of him shooting at her for no reason? ok, now what about if she pointed a paintball gun at his face?

if your gonna hit him, make sure you take him down, atleast for a little bit

B.A.M.
03-31-2005, 06:26 PM
"tresspassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"....... .
Thats just awsome i wish there were laws like that in MA but we have to many damn librals.

CrimsonTurkey
03-31-2005, 06:48 PM
My two home defnese weapons are, of course, my mag loaded with rufus t-balls and my trusty Paul Chen Golder Oriole series katana.

Trina
03-31-2005, 07:39 PM
This is too funny!! :rofl: The ironic thing is that I've thought of this often and first I would have my Asian Short Haired Long-Legged Fighting Poodle to defend me (LOL!) and I did have a sword on standby before I started playing paintball....but now, I guess I'd use my soccer skills on his...I guess I'd go for the paintball gun. :D

AGDlover
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
honnestly if i was the robber and somebody shot me with a paintball gun i would have stood there looking at the splater marks going "........WHAT THE HELL?*sees store owner pull out desert eagle* oh....*runs*"

Lohman446
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
The point has been made before, in this thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169480&highlight=pepperball

A paintball marker is not a good idea for self defense. A) It is likely not effective against many many criminals. B) Firing at someone, even in defense, will likely count as escalating force - if the person you shoot at uses deadly force in response to what they perceived as a deadly threat they may be able to justify it in court.

I urge those of you reading this to seriously consider the risks of a paintball gun in self defense, and the shortcomings of it. As a last resort, something is better than nothing, but what if you turn a "harmless" break in into something far more deadly. Do also note that you will have committed assault, and you will be sued in civil court. You will loose (highly likely) - our civil justice system sucks.

If you feel the need to have something for self defense that fires a projectile, I strongly suggest you look into more lethal means. I understand not everyone can do that... but at least seriously consider the use of a paintball marker as a defense weapon, calmly before you make the wrong decision filled with panic.

yakitori
03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
ooh arent we a biggited little jerk. i take high offense to that. were so racist and bigoted down here the black guy living next door to me in this dorm quakes in his boot lemme tell you(if there were mopre sarcasm dripping off this i would short my keyboard out).

i hate ignorance on a grand scale. confratulations youve just accomplished two things. youve made me dislike you for one, and youve shown what a biggoted little jerk you are.

You are ignorant about the law in TX, because you cannot just shoot someone simply for being on your land, esp w/o proving that you faced life threatening danger. The only way to cover up would be to plant a knife on them before the cops come. By doing that, your crime would be considered premeditated. I dont like ignorance coming from ppl who have no clue what they are talking about.

and you are the perfect example of what kind of buttholes live in TX. The crime happened in Louisiana and I said the south.....now your putting words in my mouth that I said TX specifically.

In case you havent noticed since youve likely not been anywhere outside of TX, the south IS generally (in comparison to other states) racists, segregated, and oh uh...bigots.

:clap:

Glickman
03-31-2005, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Lohman446]The point has been made before, in this thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169480&highlight=pepperball

A paintball marker is not a good idea for self defense. A) It is likely not effective against many many criminals. B) Firing at someone, even in defense, will likely count as escalating force - if the person you shoot at uses deadly force in response to what they perceived as a deadly threat they may be able to justify it in court.
[QUOTE]

you sir, may change your useful posts to "6" :D

exactly what i said.

put it this way.

make sure he cant get up for atleast a while...

even pepperballs, some guy was shot 80 times before he was subdued. yes, he had his hands on his head, but he didnt get on the ground. so the effectiveness is still questionable

yakitori
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM

the "black" guy living next door or just the guy living next door. You have proven my point and you really are an aggie.
:spit_take

Trina
03-31-2005, 11:33 PM
BTW if I shot a burgler with a pball gun I would def go for the eyes, the ears, any really sensitive part.... ;) Without a mask on, a pball gun can do a lot of damage....without killing the person of course :D

bleachit
03-31-2005, 11:44 PM
blinding someone with a paitnball gun could get you in a lot of legal and civil trouble

NigelF
04-01-2005, 12:38 AM
This all sounds pretty crazy to me. If I'm going to be aggressive towards someone that could potentially kill me, I will not be doing it with a paintball gun. I've been shot with a paintball gun. Whenever we play those scenario games where they take a volunteer from each team to be the "president" (can only be killed with a headshot at my field) I'm always him... you know why? Because paintballs dont hurt, they sting. And I'm certain I'm not the only one who can take the pain.

NigelF

Glickman
04-01-2005, 07:15 AM
This all sounds pretty crazy to me. If I'm going to be aggressive towards someone that could potentially kill me, I will not be doing it with a paintball gun. I've been shot with a paintball gun. Whenever we play those scenario games where they take a volunteer from each team to be the "president" (can only be killed with a headshot at my field) I'm always him... you know why? Because paintballs dont hurt, they sting. And I'm certain I'm not the only one who can take the pain.

NigelF

the above is exactly why they make crappy defense weapons.

astroboy
04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Source - google ... this was a very publicized case around the world and guess what, I still remember it enough to dig up the facts after more than 10 years have passed...

yes he was arrested but when someone is acquitted, doesn't that make it legal precedence? subsequent cases will always refer back to this case and say if it was ok before why isn't it ok now?

I'm sure it is a little more complicated than that...

So he was still arrested and charged w/ manslaughter right? answer that w/ yes or no please.

also what source please? do you get the baton rouge times in ontario?

even if partially true, Im sure the deliberation was over whether or not the killer was "threatened" by the teenager walking toward him after a gun has been pointed in his direction.

And besides.....the teenager was a minority and the south is racist and segregated, so that couldve contributed to the decision of the Jury.....but, he was still arrested and charged w/ the crime. It was the jury that was conviced by the drama in the courtroom....and I think that is a shame.

yakitori
04-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Source - google ... this was a very publicized case around the world and guess what, I still remember it enough to dig up the facts after more than 10 years have passed...

yes he was arrested but when someone is acquitted, doesn't that make it legal precedence? subsequent cases will always refer back to this case and say if it was ok before why isn't it ok now?

I'm sure it is a little more complicated than that...

and when did google or the internet ever become a valid source of information. It is just an echo chamber of opinions, that is for the most part unregulated.

so are all ppl who are acquitted actually innocent of the crime they were charged of? ehehm OJ.

It was only acquitted likely because of the Jurys decision. There may have been more to the case than you know that lead them to make such a decision. That still doesnt mean that the law is, you can shoot someone on your property just for trespassing.

I tell you what (and aggie too), just believe what you want and go ahead and shoot someone for tresspassing, you sort out the details later, and come back on and post what happened to you.

just because some police officer says it doesnt mean its true. They just arrest you and let the judge decide. So, if you think its legal to shoot someone and you want a more valid opinion, ask a few judges. Better yet, send a letter to your congressman and ask.

Lohman446
04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
The law in MI constantly relies on the perceptions of a reasonable person. If they jury beleived that the person who pulled the trigger had a reasonable threat of imminent and serious harm (even if it was not real, just reasonable) then he had, in MI the justification to use deadly force. I don't know that case well enough to understand the verdict, or the evidence that was presented for the defense, or even the defense that was attempted (I'm guessing, on VERY little information, it was an affirmative defense).

and when did google or the internet ever become a valid source of information. It is just an echo chamber of opinions, that is for the most part unregulated.

so are all ppl who are acquitted actually innocent of the crime they were charged of? ehehm OJ.

It was only acquitted likely because of the Jurys decision. There may have been more to the case than you know that lead them to make such a decision. That still doesnt mean that the law is, you can shoot someone on your property just for trespassing.

I tell you what (and aggie too), just believe what you want and go ahead and shoot someone for tresspassing, you sort out the details later, and come back on and post what happened to you.

just because some police officer says it doesnt mean its true. They just arrest you and let the judge decide. So, if you think its legal to shoot someone and you want a more valid opinion, ask a few judges. Better yet, send a letter to your congressman and ask.

ApexAZ
04-01-2005, 10:49 AM

I thought that was the whole point of the 5.56 round. Not to kill, but to wound. More wounded soldiers = more resources needed to care for them.

yakitori
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
The law in MI constantly relies on the perceptions of a reasonable person. If they jury beleived that the person who pulled the trigger had a reasonable threat of imminent and serious harm (even if it was not real, just reasonable) then he had, in MI the justification to use deadly force. I don't know that case well enough to understand the verdict, or the evidence that was presented for the defense, or even the defense that was attempted (I'm guessing, on VERY little information, it was an affirmative defense).

thats exactly my point. We dont know the details of the case and we havent heard the info that the jury had. Maybe there was more to the story than was released to the newspaper or even google.

I agree with Lohman, and the law in TX is not different than MI. It is not "legal" to kill someone for the crime of trespassing, unless they are armed and/or attacking you in a manner that could threaten your life.

ApexAZ
04-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I also wonder how this makes paintball look to naive people... =/

If they're effective at stopping a burgler, are they safe?

txaggie08
04-04-2005, 08:06 PM
the "black" guy living next door or just the guy living next door. You have proven my point and you really are an aggie.
:spit_take

so im not allowed to say he is black, becasue he is, and because it proved my point. it wouldnt have mad SENSE you little smart ...... if i had said"the guy" next door. Geta life and come out of your little arrogant yankee world were there is no bigitry(yet the klan started(the modern caln anyway)in the north)
I guess ill just let yall live in your little diluded world were your always right in legal matters. i would however suggest staying off private propert in Texas. Some of us dont read the forums for legal advice, we talk to the police

txbanditraven
04-04-2005, 08:39 PM
the law in TX is not different than MI. It is not "legal" to kill someone for the crime of trespassing, unless they are armed and/or attacking you in a manner that could threaten your life.

Your response was childish at best. Control your emotions over the web, or be banned for a while. This is your ONLY warning. Army

txaggie08
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
congratulations youve made me look stupid and are liable to get yourself banned. granted hes right about the law......

bull
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll tell you that you are wrong also. I was a police officer in Texas for a couple years, YOU CAN'T SHOOT SOMEONE FOR JUST TRESSPASSING.

If you still don't want to believe me just check a case called Tennessee v. Garner. This was just a little trend setting case heard by something called the Supreme Court back in 1984, it kinda says the same thing!

txaggie08
04-04-2005, 10:39 PM
ima get out of this argument cause everyone gonna be right. i quit. I know what i was told by local authorities, and i will continue to abide by what i was told. ive seen that case btw. i guess ill have to review it again to see what your talking about.

Glickman
04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
just incase anyone is curious:

Relevant Facts: At about 10:45 p.m. Officers were dispatched to answer a "prowler inside call." Upon arriving at the scene they saw a woman standing on her porch and gesturing toward the adjacent house. She told them she had heard glass breaking and that "they" or "someone" was breaking in next door. Officers heard a door slam and saw someone run across the backyard. The fleeing suspect, Garner, stopped at a chain link fence. With the aid of a flashlight cops saw no sign of a weapon, and, though not certain, was "reasonably sure" and "figured" that Garner was unarmed. While Garner was crouched at the base of the fence, police called out "police, halt" and took a few steps toward him. Garner then began to climb over the fence. Convinced that if Garner made it over the fence he would elude capture, cop shot him. The bullet hit Garner in the back of the head, and he died. Ten dollars and a purse taken from the house were found on his body.

Legal Issue(s): Whether Tennessee statute under authority of which police officer fired fatal shot was unconstitutional insofar as it authorized use of deadly force against apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect?

Court’s Holding: Yes

Procedure: The U S D Ct after remand, rendered judgment for dfs, and father appealed. The Ct of App reversed and remanded Judgment of Ct of App affirmed and case remanded.

Law or Rule(s): The right of the people to be secure in their persons ... against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated....

Tenn St. If, after notice of the intention to arrest the defendant, he either flee or forcibly resist, the officer may use all the necessary means to effect the arrest.

Court Rationale: D Force may be used to prevent escape when the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. This statute section is invalid because it does not put sufficient limits on the use of deadly force; it is too disproportionate, and it does not make distinctions based on gravity and need nor on the magnitude of the offense. Whenever an officer restrains the freedom of a person to walk away, he has seized that person. The suspect's fundamental interest in his own life need not be elaborated upon. The use of deadly force also frustrates the interest of the individual, and of society, in judicial determination of guilt and punishment. It is not better that all felony suspects die than that they escape. The fact that the police arrive a little late or are a little slower afoot does not always justify killing the suspect.

Plaintiff’s Argument: Apprehension by use of deadly force is a "seizure" subject to the reasonableness requirement of the Fourth Amendment.

Defendant’s Argument: A police officer may arrest a person if he has probable cause to believe that person has committed a crime.

MPC - The use of deadly force is not justifiable ... unless (i) the arrest is for a felony; and (ii) the person effecting the arrest is authorized to act as a peace officer; or is assisting a person whom he believes to be authorized to act as a peace officer, and (iii) the actor believes that the force employed creates no substantial risk of injury to innocent persons; and (iv) the actor believes that (1) the crime for which the arrest is made

involved conduct including the use or threatened use of deadly force; or (2) there is a substantial risk that the person to be arrested will cause death or serious bodily harm if his apprehension is delayed.

Cameo
04-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Kudo's to Lohan...
Persoanlly I would run. I would get out of harms way any way possible...grab the nearest vase and break it ONLY if you are trapped. No material item in this world is worth losing my life. Life is to precious. I also would never teach my child to try to retaliate against a thief. A child does not stand a chance against an adult and more then likeley they will just piss the adult off and give the adult a reason to hurt them.
Why in the world would someone want to kill another person for breaking in??? You would have killing that person weighing on your mind for eternity. Is your big screen tv and your wives pearls really worth that personal tourment?

Target Practice
04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Goddamnit, whatever happend to grabbing a gun, killing the sunovagun, and getting an award for it. I tell you, this country has gone soft.

Edited for filter activation.

astroboy
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Google is Gospel! And don't you forget it! Still doubtful? Well if you had even bothered to punch up "Hattori Peairs" on google then you would get a plethora of sites relating back to the case. Yes even this doesn't mean that the case was real. Yes it could be the result of a great 1990s conspiracy to print and make up facts about such a case by one or many different people. The reason? No one knows for sure but "the truth is out there!" LOL! You crack me up!

And no I don't believe you can shoot someone if they tresspass. I live in Canada so that kind of thinking is foreign to most Canadians. I was just pointing out the fact that someone had been shot for trespassing and the shooter was easily acquited (the jury deliberated for only three hours and fifteen mintues, allegedly.)

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Goddamnit, whatever happend to grabbing a gun, killing the sunovagun, and getting an award for it. I tell you, this country has gone soft.

Edited for filter activation.

There is a very solid door between my office and the rest of the house... with no other interior doors entering my bedroom suite (office, bedroom, bathroom). All firearms are kept secured in this area of the house (most of them in a safe). In the event of a known intrusion my children are taught that this is they part of the house to be in... and my entire defensive plan is to put them in there first - top priority. Once this area is secured I will involve the police - and they will "clear" the house for me. This is not to say I run to panic mode at the slightest noise. I live in a very rural area and investigate oddities myself (well armed). Well I am fully prepared to pull the trigger in self defense I take every opportunity I can not to - for moral, emotional, and legal reasons. I beleive, that given the steps I have taken I am morally and legally in the right.

It is important to be prepared, mentally, physically and with equipment for the reasonable possibilities. Many people, even properly prepared, fail to act appropriately in high stress situations because they have nto mentally prepared themselves. Many who attempt to act fail to succeed because of lack of physical preparedness and training. Others, who could have reacted well, do not because of lack of equipment. Am I prepared for every conceivable possibility - no? I am prepared for the most likely, and have considered my actions in them calmly - I hope that with my training background that I will act correctly if I have to. I am comfortable that I can react to situations I have not specifically prepared for. Does all of this make me paranoid? No, I think I am an extremly confident person, I feel that preparadness only lends itself to confidence.

Mr. Mouse
04-05-2005, 02:18 PM
someone tried to rob my house, i would shoot him.. and keep shooting him and chase after him

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 02:33 PM
someone tried to rob my house, i would shoot him.. and keep shooting him and chase after him

And you would go to jail for assault, assault with a deadly weapon, homicide, or any number of other charges unless you had followed the laws close enough to make it a citizens arrest and had put you under the fleeing felon rule. Other than that, good plan :rolleyes:

Target Practice
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
And you would go to jail for assault, assault with a deadly weapon, homicide, or any number of other charges unless you had followed the laws close enough to make it a citizens arrest and had put you under the fleeing felon rule. Other than that, good plan :rolleyes:

Exactly. You want the smaller hole in the front of their chest, and the dinner-plate sized one on their back.

yakitori
04-05-2005, 04:04 PM
so im not allowed to say he is black, becasue he is, and because it proved my point. it wouldnt have mad SENSE you little smart ...... if i had said"the guy" next door. Geta life and come out of your little arrogant yankee world were there is no bigitry(yet the klan started(the modern caln anyway)in the north)
I guess ill just let yall live in your little diluded world were your always right in legal matters. i would however suggest staying off private propert in Texas. Some of us dont read the forums for legal advice, we talk to the police

Im a yankee? I was born and raised in TX for the whole 25 years of my life. I have a life.....and appearently it is not filled w/ bigotry and racism as yours is at that podunk agg university of yours. They teaching you how to fertilize the crops properly? :clap:

Im through, believe what you want, and bag yourself a trespasser. then come back and post and tell us what the law determined.

:dance:

txaggie08
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Im a yankee? I was born and raised in TX for the whole 25 years of my life. I have a life.....and appearently it is not filled w/ bigotry and racism as yours is at that podunk agg university of yours. They teaching you how to fertilize the crops properly? :clap:

Im through, believe what you want, and bag yourself a trespasser. then come back and post and tell us what the law determined.

:dance:

you talk alot of trash about one of the best university's in the country. im not even gonna comment on the racism bigotry crack, your just dumb. and yeah they teach me how to fertalizr crops so well.......... big part of my history degree lemme tell you. so is our nuclear reactor but hey...........................

ill let you go back to your little midwestern world and say the same thing, im done im out. this thread has gone to the birds

yakitori
04-05-2005, 04:24 PM
this thread has gone to the birds

at least we agree on something. :D

txaggie08
04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
at least we agree on something. :D

hehehehe nice :cheers:

MonsterMag
04-05-2005, 09:15 PM
If someone tryed to rob me , they would get alot of welts from my emag ;) I dont care who you are , no one can walk into a string of 20bps :)

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 09:17 PM
If someone tryed to rob me , they would get alot of welts from my emag ;) I dont care who you are , no one can walk into a string of 20bps :)

Considering the amount of people who have lived through multiple gunshot wounds I would not bet my life on that... and what you are discussing, is doing exactly that.

MonsterMag
04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Considering the amount of people who have lived through multiple gunshot wounds I would not bet my life on that... and what you are discussing, is doing exactly that.
I am saying that see shot him as he was fleeing. The viewloader marker is slow and not as effective as a higher end marker. If you were shot with a pump Vs Timmy . What would be more effective? By the time you shot him with the pump he would know it was just a stuipid paintball gun and still rob you. If you shot him with a timmy , well he sure wouldnt come near you ;) That is all

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 09:59 PM
If you shot him with a timmy , well he sure wouldnt come near you ;) That is all

Funny... people have been shot repeatedly with real firearms and still been agressive, still killed the people who have shot them. Depending on a paintball marker to stop a serious threat is not an educated position. It is one that could very well get you killed.

gc82000
04-06-2005, 01:09 AM
I am just amazed at the willingness for ppl to thier lives on the line for material possessions. My house has a very comprehensive insurance plan and in the event of my house getting burglarized, I am more likely to get my stuff either returned or have the value reinbursed to me. Not trying brag or anything but on Guam you are more likely to never even see the robber much less get a chance to shoot him. so all this talk about shooting a theif is quite disturbing.

And besides if you are gonna shoot someone, shoot to kill then sort it out with the authorities later.

txaggie08
04-06-2005, 02:50 AM
**notice not disgussing anything previously disgussed**

i wouldnt actualy shoot the person unless they were armed......now discharging a shotgun in there general direction tends to "motivate" someone, but im not going to hit them. theres nothing in this hous but my mother and grandmother worth killing someone over, and i dont realy care what they do to me, i will kill you for that. generaly MOST people are smart enough to hear that old rattling pump cock and run like hell. you have no idea how many people i have scared to death with an unloaded shotgun because there trying to steal out of our stock barn. if that doesnt motivate them one shot in the air will scare the ones who arent trying to kill you anyway off.

People are generaly smart enough to leave after they get cought and threatend. unlike the racoon my mom shot with my mag earlier. it turned around and looked at her like "you want a piece of this". racoons scare me......

yakitori
04-06-2005, 05:51 AM
**notice not disgussing anything previously disgussed**

i wouldnt actualy shoot the person unless they were armed......now discharging a shotgun in there general direction tends to "motivate" someone, but im not going to hit them. theres nothing in this hous but my mother and grandmother worth killing someone over, and i dont realy care what they do to me, i will kill you for that. generaly MOST people are smart enough to hear that old rattling pump cock and run like hell. you have no idea how many people i have scared to death with an unloaded shotgun because there trying to steal out of our stock barn. if that doesnt motivate them one shot in the air will scare the ones who arent trying to kill you anyway off.

People are generaly smart enough to leave after they get cought and threatend. unlike the racoon my mom shot with my mag earlier. it turned around and looked at her like "you want a piece of this". racoons scare me......

lol at the first part.

I think that if law enforcement read this thread, they would have new opinions about paintball guns and ppl who play paintball. A paintball gun is considered a weapon, but a non lethal one at that. You could use your paintgun to spray an intruder, but what the intruder does after that or has in his possession will be totally left to chance. I think if you suprised them, thier first instinct may be to get somewhere where they will not be shot w/ another ball, but if they realize that it is a paintgun before leaving your home you may be in for extreme retaliation.

I think it is best to just leave the subject to rest.