PDA

View Full Version : which drop/rail

aaroncushing
03-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Without this getting into a drop/no-drop rant, can someone please help me decide what rail to get. My y-gripped classic Mag currently has a very ugly Shockteck dropforward on it, and a yecky but functional 32* on-off/ASA. Here's a lousy pic of my marker.
http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/2e/bc/f0_1_b.JPG
That DF doesn't look nearly as bad in person as it does in the photo, but it's still a big mess.

I've been poking around the KAPP store (http://store.yahoo.com/kapp/products-drop-forwards-and-cradles.html), and I like the Micro Rail ($10), the Rhino ($5), and the Tear Drop ($5). I can't say that money isn't a factor, but I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount -- and any of those fits that category. But I don't have the cash to replace my ASA at this point, though the KAPP on-off seems pretty nice. (and it's not that I'm a huge KAPP whore, I just like what I've seen, the prices seem good, and there's a couple other items I'm ordering from their site anyway)

First, am I correct to assume that any one of those is a direct bolt-on to my frame?

Second, it doesn't appear that the TearDrop has a dovetail mount for my ASA, so that's probably out, right?

Third, I may be way off here, but the Micro Rail looks like it would have trouble with enough clearance for my ASA and the valve & shoulders on my 20oz bottle. Can anyone clear that up for me?

Thansk for any help/advice fellas. :hail:

CKY_Alliance
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I think the Micro will look realy good.A 20OZ should fit just fine i wouldnt think they would sell it if it didnt but then again maybe they would.Ididnt think my 68/45 was gonna fit my drop but it did pictures can be misleading.
They have those cradles marked like half off good price to bad they didnt have em that cheap when i needed one!
My goodness 10 bucks for a stuby then like 25-30 for on/off so like 40 bucks compared to like 80 it cost regular.Geez might buy one just to have.