PDA

View Full Version : police answer to outdoor snap box

gortman44
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
SO i went down to my local police station and asked if it would be ok to build a reball snap box in my back yard. i explained that it would be incased with netting and that nothing would project out of it, and that it would be safe. The lady cop ;) went to the station head guy asked and he said that IT WOULD BE OK. the only think that might arise would be noise. Because anyone can call about noise polution, and sick the cops on us, so i am just gonna let everyone know around me and give them my number so that if they have a prob they can call me instead of police. I blast music out there anyways so it should be cool.

just wanted to answer a question I had, for others.

cougar20th
03-29-2005, 08:22 PM
your lucky. my town classifies paintball guns as air guns. firing air guns isnt allowed in town so firing paintball guns isnt either. although they dont bother anyone yet. the town in a newsletter stated that paintball guns are air guns and fall under the town firearm laws so if they are taken they are destroyed no chance of getting them back.

Big Weapons
03-29-2005, 08:31 PM
if they are taken they are destroyed no chance of getting them back.

Good luck to them destroying a mag.

Carbon
03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
man i gott build me a snap box one of these days. hell i live in an apartment, but somehow i mange to get 20-30 ft of snaping space, indoors. Gotta capitalize on that for sure!

Skywalker
03-29-2005, 08:39 PM

Yeah seriously, I bet our mags are more reliable than their crappy glocks. :shooting:

mcdkid
03-29-2005, 08:41 PM

give them a tippy and an old vm-68 and let em have fun. lol

Maggot6
03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
That would suck getting your gun taken away, not to be sold, or prized but to be crushed or something

Archangel Kid
03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
That would suck getting your gun taken away, not to be sold, or prized but to be crushed or something

Police auctions are your friend ;)

felony
03-29-2005, 09:44 PM

they can break it if they want.

but good work on geting reball thing

Conversekidz
03-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Police auctions are your friend ;)

Police auctions don't sell firearms

Archangel Kid
03-30-2005, 12:06 AM
yah... but I think if they wanted to make some money they know of a loop hole and will sell it on ebay.

gc82000
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
yah... but I think if they wanted to make some money they know of a loop hole and will sell it on ebay.

:rofl: That would be illegal in so many ways. :rofl:

Army
03-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Police auctions don't sell firearms

Actually, most sheriffs and county law agencies will sell firearms at auction. Only those weapons actually used in crime are destroyed. Firearms confiscated, but not evidence in the crime itself, need not be destroyed and are legal to resell.

I've picked up several this way.

Conversekidz
03-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Actually, most sheriffs and county law agencies will sell firearms at auction. Only those weapons actually used in crime are destroyed. Firearms confiscated, but not evidence in the crime itself, need not be destroyed and are legal to resell.

I've picked up several this way.

I stand by what I said, POLICE auctions dont sell firearms

Evil Bob
03-30-2005, 07:34 AM
I dunno, I've seen the results when a Sawzall and a VM68 went out for a date near the county court house. Needless to say, the VM, being made of aluminum, was parted rather easily, nice diagonal cut through the air chamber. Some are known to use a hydrolic press or a cutting torch to render firearms unoperational, it all depends upon what mood they're in when the destroy order is handed to them.

Some agencies do auction off weapons that were sieged in raids, car inspections, etc that were not used in violent crime. It comes down to what the county laws are as they are different from district to district.

-Evil Bob

yakitori
03-30-2005, 07:42 AM
go to walmart and buy a stingray. Always take it w/ you when you shoot. IF the cops do come, hide your gun, grab the stingray. Bam, confiscate it if you want.

Lupis Fidelis
03-30-2005, 07:48 AM
I have a lane set up in my backyard for chrono and target practice. My team would come over and always go crazy. I eventually hung a tarp behind the target to stop errant balls but they somehow seem to always shoot over anything I set up. Recently I picked up a Vball set and I love it. I have it set up in my basement and wow is it great. No mess, target always looks new and it's easy to "play for points". It's great to see someone squeeze a Vball into the bullseye just like darts. The red vs. blue Vballs make it very easy to create a competitive and challenging indoor range....Just like Elvis' down at Graceland :cool:

Vballs are a must for any paintball junkie. :shooting:

Shives
03-30-2005, 08:17 AM
stealitback.com is an online police auction site. I have seen paintball guns on it in the past. Haven't been there in some time, but I do recall some good deals on various items. Lots of jewelry if I recall.

Shives

Archangel Kid
03-30-2005, 10:52 AM

Not only have I seen an auction on eBay for more then one paintball gun by a police auction, BUT I'll believe Army before you :D

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 10:58 AM

Under most state laws paintball markers are not firearms - under MI law they are though :cry: Not that its ever been an issue but it is a technicality

SCpoloRicker
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM

Wheee!!

/runandhide

SlartyBartFast
03-30-2005, 11:39 AM
stealitback.com is an online police auction site. I have seen paintball guns on it in the past. Haven't been there in some time, but I do recall some good deals on various items. Lots of jewelry if I recall.

Shives

Yes, they sell paintball guns.

http://www.propertyroom.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=59154655&prmenbr=31895249&aunbr=59501365

But that one's a BE. :(

Kevmaster
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
BUT I'll believe Army before you :D

quoted for truth

bull
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
It depends on the area. In the town where I am a police officer there is no discharging of projectiles. Now I know there are people who can safely practice in a yard, but for every good guy there is a moron. I can tell you of a guy practicing his archery skills and skipping arrows into neighbors yards where kids were playing. When the guy was approached he got pissed and started waving his bow (with a arrow notched) around. Needless to say this did not end well. I have known people to do the same with 22's, paintball guns, pellet guns, so a law was passed, its just a safety factor.

With selling guns I know our department destroys all seized weapons, guns, air rifles, knives, swords, whatever. All departments in my state that I have talked to do the same. Just a idea to think about

Alpha
03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
I would literlaly give a testicle to save my mag (I've got two anyways, right?)... If my mag was ever taken rom me.. It would eb some serious ****.. You can't even fathom it...