PDA

View Full Version : OW! You're Shooting HOT!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Ok I'm having A LOT of problems out at the field and one of them would be my mag. Everyone at the field keeps complaining that i'm shooting hot and even after chronographing (THE CORRECT WAY) and after a random chrono it was reading 260-270 but i'm still getting complaints that my mag is shooting hot.

Am I the only one out there that has some magical mag that can ramp its velocity at will or are you guys out there getting the same problem with people complaining about mags hurting a lot more than other markers?

-SnYpER

nt2004
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
maybe they are just wusses and cant take it?

Blazestorm
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Negatory.

Most of the people I play with know what feels hot and what's not.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
that's what i originaly thought but after having referees complain about my gun shooting hot and tournament players saying that my gun hurts a lot more than normal... i'm kinda wondering what's going on

MarkM
03-30-2005, 11:38 AM
If you are using a different paint to the others this could have an effect, not from a FPS point of view more the "hurt" side of things.
The paint with all the words printed on it is known to be like marbles and as refs we were complaining to the organisors at the last WC...didn't help, but we could even stand on the paint and still it wouldn't break!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-30-2005, 11:43 AM
all the fields i've had these complaints are fpo but one field does have a very thick shell and a lot of people took bounces off their head but there are still complaints of my gun and only my gun. Maybe it's some psychological thing with players and mags.

undescriptive
03-30-2005, 11:43 AM
the big ball @ the last walkon I played at was like that...

someones lens got broken with that stuff....

I thought it was hurting! :cry:
everyone is chronoed at least twice or more during the day....

didn't help it was -1C when we were out there playing and the snow was falling too.... :rofl:

nt2004
03-30-2005, 11:44 AM
yeah maybe its bad paint. I've had friends buy walmart paint that was as hard as a rock and I've personally had bad batches of paint like evil that seem to hurt more than usual. What paint were you shooting?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
majority of my complaints come from draxxus paint, but i've had a few with pmi premium

space_weazel_45
03-30-2005, 11:48 AM
its -1c and snowing in march, sweet im coming to the UK.

the big ball @ the last walkon I played at was like that...

someones lens got broken with that stuff....

I thought it was hurting! :cry:
everyone is chronoed at least twice or more during the day....

didn't help it was -1C when we were out there playing and the snow was falling too.... :rofl:

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Mags to me sound... and feel to hit hard

I know it defies the laws of physics, etc. - equal speed + equal weight = equal force but they seem to hit harder.

nt2004
03-30-2005, 11:58 AM
maybe you should chrono down at like 240-255. Thats normally what I do and i dont get any complaints. Dont do that at the badlandz though, the fields are a bit too big for that velocity

Target Practice
03-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Part of it might be more psychological. It seems that mags have that "bark" that a lot of other markers don't have. It's an older, "harder-hitting", brutish concept to newer players, who are used to their shiny anno and expensive milling, and the chatachatachatachata of electros.

JimmyBeam
03-30-2005, 12:20 PM
they're just mad they got shot out by a mag

TheTramp
03-30-2005, 12:21 PM
All you can really do it offer to crono everytime someone complains. After 3-4 tests show that you aren't shooting hot people will just have to deal.

AGDlover
03-30-2005, 12:23 PM
i found after a little bit of play once your mag gets warmed up it likes to punch and thats probly what they're feeling so the next time someone says your shooting "hot" go over to the nearest ref with a hand crono

peewee
03-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Tell em to go back home to mommy ;) . Are you pointblanking? :eek:

JoshK
03-30-2005, 12:48 PM
I never noticed it before...but people have really been complaining at my field lately. Like my friend with a electro A-5 was allways getting complaints of over shooting(they were slow to raise their hands though). And there was alot more whining. This might have been because they stuck us with a birthday party downstairs (for some reason the people I was hanging out with wouldnt go up by the maggers :rolleyes:). Also it was in doors. But I've only been accused of shooting alittle too fast...not too hot.

68magOwner
03-30-2005, 12:57 PM
i used to ALWAYS get complaints of my markers shooting hot with my old imp, i mean like multiple complaints EVERY time i played, and it was never caught shooting over 280 when checked, meh, was odd, but, never got any evidence of the velocity actually ramping or it shooting hot

Chronobreak
03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
weird..i get told the same thing...

ex when i end up rasing my gun to the high heavens to shoot somone acros the field and NAIL them.

after the game its always "how did you hit me from that far"

meanwhile im watching these people shoot short while holding their guns steady.....you just gotta know how to use the gun.

BD_Paintball
03-30-2005, 02:19 PM
when i had my mag and i got done shooting as fast as i can then chrono it would be up to 10 fps higher then when i would just soot just to chrono. i think it did this b/c the valve would heat up and the air would expand, but im not sure. so if you are shooting people when u are walking it maybe they are right.

Creative Mayhem
03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Ok I'm having A LOT of problems out at the field and one of them would be my mag. Everyone at the field keeps complaining that i'm shooting hot and even after chronographing (THE CORRECT WAY) and after a random chrono it was reading 260-270 but i'm still getting complaints that my mag is shooting hot.

Am I the only one out there that has some magical mag that can ramp its velocity at will or are you guys out there getting the same problem with people complaining about mags hurting a lot more than other markers?

-SnYpER

Yeah its called "AUTOmag" They hear the name, not only does full auto come to mind but also the thought of heavy firepower and velocity. I get the "shooting hot" crap all the time. I just take the dummy to the chrony and let him see for his stupid self.

SlartyBartFast
03-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah its called "AUTOmag" They hear the name, not only does full auto come to mind but also the thought of heavy firepower and velocity. I get the "shooting hot" crap all the time. I just take the dummy to the chrony and let him see for his stupid self.

Use HIS paint and bet money on it. :cool:

Creative Mayhem
03-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Use HIS paint and bet money on it. :cool:

Tru dat :D

AGD202
03-30-2005, 03:44 PM
the only gun i have ever been shot by that felt like it was shooting hot was my friends E-Orracle... everybody complained about that gun even though everybody knew it was not shooting hot... i got shot right in the middle of the chest one time by it when i got bunkered by him and i couldnt breathe for a few seconds... it was wierd

MonsterMag
03-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Emags and Xmags tend to increase the fps after you crono , Teammate cronno'ed to 270 , the limit was 280 and it want up to 282 after the game was over. This is the reason I always put my emag around 270-280. That was a tourney, but my local field is set at under 300 fps. People are gonna say E?X-mags hurt because they are getting hit more than once . ;) Also mags are just a great marker. :headbang:

thorn
03-30-2005, 06:41 PM
i think it just hurts more because they realize that they got hit by a gun they called terrible, so therefore its not really hurting their bodies, moreso their pride.

punkncat
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Well I tell ya. I think the "chrono procedure" for RT equipped mags is a little bogus. Now before you all get your panties in a wad let me explain.

The way it says to chrono is to pull the trigger hold it back, quickly release and then shoot again immediately. It works to give a good consistant reading across the chrono.

But when I chronoed shooting like I normally did with quick pulls and releases I always chronoed a good 15-20 FPS higher than using the "recommended" procedure. I would not be suprized that in normal use your marker is shooting hot, like many other mags, but take it to the chrono and use the "recommended" procedure and it SEEMS fine....

Athius
03-30-2005, 06:59 PM
That happened to me once too but i think it was because i shoot 5 times the guy from like 25 feet.

WenULiVeUdiE
03-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Happens to me sometimes. Except I just hear "Man, that one hurt alot more than usual." It's odd.

Halliday
03-31-2005, 12:36 AM
Was it cold outside? I've got "shooting hot" complaints too, but it was cold outside, they were not wearing gloves, and I had just shot them in the hand :shooting:

Duzzy
03-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Well I tell ya. I think the "chrono procedure" for RT equipped mags is a little bogus. Now before you all get your panties in a wad let me explain.

The way it says to chrono is to pull the trigger hold it back, quickly release and then shoot again immediately. It works to give a good consistant reading across the chrono.

But when I chronoed shooting like I normally did with quick pulls and releases I always chronoed a good 15-20 FPS higher than using the "recommended" procedure. I would not be suprized that in normal use your marker is shooting hot, like many other mags, but take it to the chrono and use the "recommended" procedure and it SEEMS fine....

AGD has a chart on this somewhere, I don't have an online copy but I will look real fast...

Got them...

http://www.airgun.com/Images/hiinput.gif

http://www.airgun.com/Images/medium.gif

http://www.airgun.com/Images/lowinput.gif

So it could be a problem with input pressure. Although I doubt it, otherwise your complaint would most likely include shootdown issues.

punkncat, I have no idea why you are having that problem, but it looks like it shouldn't be happening.

SeeK
03-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Part of it might be more psychological. It seems that mags have that "bark" that a lot of other markers don't have. It's an older, "harder-hitting", brutish concept to newer players, who are used to their shiny anno and expensive milling, and the chatachatachatachata of electros.

I'll test this next time by pulling out my VM-68.

ultralight
03-31-2005, 02:48 AM
oh you don't have to "test" it with a VM... you can count on it.

all of my friends are scared to death of my VM-68 Magnum. mainly because it sounds like a howitzer. :D

i wonder if the 14" non-ported bull barrel has anything to do with that? :rolleyes:

Enemy
03-31-2005, 03:08 AM
ive actually gotten shot by a mag that i swore felt hot my arm was even going numb!! i then realized how close he was to me and that mad more sense than him being hot!!

jewie27
03-31-2005, 04:46 AM
You still chrono it like a RT valve right? ( I assume you have a X-Valve)

Fire a shot, hold the trigger back and quickly fire over the chrono.

That's how I do it.

Restola
03-31-2005, 11:01 AM
I think people are full of crap if they think they can "feel" the difference between 270 and 290 in the heat of a game, given the massive variations in distances and how getting hit on different parts of the body feels.

SlartyBartFast
03-31-2005, 11:06 AM
I think people are full of crap if they think they can "feel" the difference between 270 and 290 in the heat of a game, given the massive variations in distances and how getting hit on different parts of the body feels.

Not entirely true. But, in order to tell the difference the player has to absolutely know where the other player was shooting from so that the range is known.

But it's still HIGHLY subjective. Was the hit a surprise, was it anticipated, where did it hit, how many hits?

As I said before, just politely tell the player you chrono'd correctly and that you'd be happy to chrono again with as many of their balls as they want. Walk them to the chrono, empty your balls out, and hand them your gun.

FSU_Paintball
03-31-2005, 01:37 PM
Mags are kind of loud by nature, and some people think louder=hot

If they say you're hot, walk them over to the chrono and show them. If they say you're hot AGAIN, walk them over to the chrono again and show them. If they continue to *****, tell them that they're just being *****y and that you've chrono'd three times today.

minimagjim
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Snyper stop aiming at sensitive areas :nono: ;)

I have gotten calls on that too but they are just not use to someone using a gun without a flatline(ie m98 or a-5) those shots slow down so much you can catch em. Plus im sure you got close to your victims, you see cause when you shoot someone up close its gonna sting alot more than if you long balled someone from 175 feet.

but seriously they are wimps and probably just say your shooting hot cause they cant stand the heat :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

kurama
04-01-2005, 01:07 AM
I've had someone complain that I was shooting hot. I was chronoed to 243 on my impulse... I think some people are just whiners.

But then again, I get loads of complaints with my mag more than with any of my other markers. I think its the barrel though, I never get complaints with my 14" AA, but much more people think I'm shooting hot with my 10" unported.

usmc8892
04-01-2005, 01:42 AM
cool thread! i thought i was the only one. i chroned my minimag at 280 as usual. shot a guy out at mabye 60 feet. after the game, he was checking the mark on his arm and said it felt like i was shooting hot. i chrono'd again for him with him as witness, and got 280, 279, 277.