PDA

View Full Version : which grease?

mag88888
03-30-2005, 03:24 PM
i didnt think that this needed to be in tech forum. so uh what grease do you guys use on your velocity nuts? mine gets really stiff and it is too hard to turn and winds up turning the whole valve with it. ive tried automag lube but it doesnt help. what should i put on there, cause i dont like this, not one bit.

Dryden
03-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I use the gel-type white lithium grease. You can pick up a huge tube at a hardware store, or even a small 2oz size squeeze tube at most hobby stores that sell RC model parts.

If you need to make a major velocity adjustment, degas the marker first. The velocity nut turns much easier when it's not pressurized.

mag88888
03-30-2005, 04:28 PM
i cant really get it to go much higher than what seems about 250. im using the long spring, and then the nut gets too hard to turn, i feel like im gonna break something.

guysdaman
03-31-2005, 01:11 AM
i use anti-sieze on my velocity adjuster nut....if you are haveing a hard time getting your velocity up try putting a new spring pack in or maybe you just need to take apart and completely clean and lube everything...you can also pick up some quality oil like KCTrouble Free which can be bought in the dealer's forum.