PDA

View Full Version : Angels...a few questions

Enraged Monk
03-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi, um, Im new to this forum. Anyway.

Im looking at purchasing a used speed or ir3, and sending it off to Angel Force, and get a fly conversion done.

Other than that, what do you guys recommend for upgrades.

BTW, im upgrading from my BKO.

Id also like other recommendations for other used guns.

Dayspring
03-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Why not try the angel part of the forum. You'd get better responses there.

Codekevin0403
03-30-2005, 05:53 PM
well you have to get some volumizers, well you don't have to but they will most likely help. Also, you might want a barrel kit (duh?!) And if the feedneck you have doesn't do a good job, buy a clamping one.

SCpoloRicker
03-30-2005, 06:05 PM
two other board and eye upgrades are:

The Angel Guy (http://www.theangelguy.com) does Predator II board and break beam installs.

Warped Air Sports (http://www.warpedsports.com) also does a board and eye install with their WAS products.

Of the three, I'd nudge you towards TAG or your original suggestion of Angel Force. WAS is fine, and probablt just as "fast," but I'd rather support TAG.

I've got a TAG/Pred II 2k3 LE, and its plenty quick, eyes work, no problemo.

Welcome to the boards.

JoshK
03-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Or you COULD go for just a regular morlock board. It will be quite a bit cheaper. But with TAG you get the good cleaning package, and great service also...which is expecially usful if the person who installs the morlock screws up.

SpecialBlend2786
03-30-2005, 06:22 PM
If you're getting an iR3, first thing i'd do would be to get a new trigger. The stock one is pretty meh. You can get Fireball Mountain Delrin triggers for cheap on ebay (under $20), and they are pretty damn nice. Corba Stick Triggers are great as well. Also look into getting a newer bolt, such as the WDP soft tip or a Jam bolt.

As for the Fly conversion, I'd go with the EuroSpeed board instead of the Fly board. Saves money, and with the exra money you can get the magno trigger mod or g7 laser eyes.

The Tag Pred II board and EuroSpeed installs are both the same. Personally I would go with Tag, just because I like the idea of using 9volts instead of the rechargable Angel battery. The new Angel boards are made for lower voltage batteries, so the battery meter will never be accurate on the Fly boards if they are installled in an iR3 (from my experience)

How much are you willing to spend? I have a Warped Sportz Dark iR3 that I'm thinking about selling, depending on the price. It has a Palmer Stabilizer (best reg ever!), Adrenaline Breech knob, mem6 opto board, Warped Sportz Volumizer and a Dye drop w/ ASA.

Enraged Monk
03-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Well, I wont get the fly, so I guess i will go with pred II. Thanks. Also, SpecialBlend, pm with your price, and a picture please.

SpecialBlend2786
03-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Well, I wont get the fly, so I guess i will go with pred II. Thanks. Also, SpecialBlend, pm with your price, and a picture please.

will do, i'll take some pics tomorrow or friday

magman007
03-31-2005, 11:56 AM
id go with a speed, then send it to tag for a predator install. The speed is running off of a newer platform atleast, and with predator, it will baisically be a fly4... not a bad deal