PDA

View Full Version : What is Empire's problem?!

HarrysSon
03-30-2005, 07:48 PM
they are copying Halos and Viewloaders! it irritates me how companies copy each other! :mad: :cuss:

HarrysSon
03-30-2005, 07:49 PM
though they do have good stuff and things but they copy too much

-=Squid=-
03-30-2005, 07:54 PM
That is pure, comical brilliance.

Seriously... They didn't copy anything. They improved upon and slightly changed the design, and bought the rights to sell it with there name on it. They even use Odyssey parts.

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 08:03 PM
EDIT: Ignore this post, I has things in my mind messed up and it may be factually entirely inaccurate No, I don't just delete my mistakes.. I made it

onsidering Manike invented the Halo, licensed it to oddysey and now works for Empire I'm not sure that i agree with the copying of the Halo thing. I mean they hired its designer and he brought the design with him

Disclaimer: I have no idea on any of the legal agreements between Empire, oddyssey, or Manike. I have made some assumptions here that I beleive to be true at the base - I know Manike works for National and designed the HALO>

Edit: ignore this post as in error - I made a mistake

Miscue
03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Considering Manike invented the Halo, licensed it to oddysey and now works for Empire I'm not sure that i agree with the copying of the Halo thing. I mean they hired its designer and he brought the design with him

Disclaimer: I have no idea on any of the legal agreements between Empire, oddyssey, or Manike. I have made some assumptions here that I beleive to be true at the base - I know Manike works for National and designed the HALO>

Chris Goddard at Odyssey made the Halo.

Lohman446
03-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Chris at Odyssey made the Halo.

Hmm... well wasn't way off on that one there then... hmmms... yeh, umm.. hmm

I stand corrected

thecavemankevin
03-30-2005, 08:41 PM
hmm, i didn't know manike designed the halo (edit: miscue proved lohman wrong)

as for the first two posts http://www.neonspeed.com/forums/images/smiles/lol_hitting.gif

Miscue
03-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Hmm... well wasn't way off on that one there then... hmmms... yeh, umm.. hmm

I stand corrected

Well, I thought he did. Don't see him on the patent... hurm.

http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/patents/US006213110.pdf

CoolHand
03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, as the law found not too long ago, the Reloader was an unlicensed knockoff of the Revy.

However, the new Reloader II is not. It is its own design.

The Reloader B is licensed from Odyssey.

Like it or not, Empire builds what sells. Often, their "knockoff" is a better part than the original. Now, with 32 degs, not so much.

And I agree with Lohman, I too have seen Manike talking about the HALO as though he had a hand in the design. Perhaps he was working under contract with someone else.

OR, I could be totally full of crap (hey, it happens).

mag88888
03-30-2005, 09:33 PM
maybe viewloader, empire, and odyssey are working together in disquise to be billia fe fi fa fillionaires?

gortman44
03-30-2005, 10:08 PM
i hate 32 degrees :ninja:

RRfireblade
03-30-2005, 10:27 PM
In a nut shell, NPS licenses the Halo design and changes it in a way to get around BE/VLs Patent that restricted Odysseys production and distribution of the Halo.

It helps all involved.

HarrysSon
03-30-2005, 10:51 PM
i think this thread belongs in FC :p
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=171460

HarrysSon
03-30-2005, 10:52 PM

as for the first two posts http://www.neonspeed.com/forums/images/smiles/lol_hitting.gif
how do u get that icon?? its awesome

-=Squid=-
03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
The irony is delicious.

magman007
03-30-2005, 11:07 PM
well, simon does hold a pattent having to do with the halo, i do know that.

Alpha
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm an empire boy. Empire jersey, empire pants, empire sticker on my mask, empire gloves, empire SHOES! Empire reloader 1...

They came out of nowhere adn have some great products to boot (even though its all NPS).

The Reloader is better then the revvy ecuase it puts a ball in after every shot, much like the intelli-feed mod on an intelliframe to a revvy.

The Relaoder B is just the same as a HAloB with ripdrive, correct? Nothing different? I may decide to get one later on in life.

<3 for my boys over at empire.. Although I dont care much for their latest lines of jerseys.

RRfireblade
03-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Simons patent,IIRC, covers a force feed loading system in the ballpark of the Halo design but a much different config.

And yes, except ReB's are sound activated (no eyes) have feed speed adjustments as stock and can run on 4 AA batts as well as 6.

Baby Huey
03-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Who cares. The reloader B is a great product. Purchases are made for the product not the business end of it.

AGD
03-31-2005, 03:14 AM
Manike......................works for National
Chris Goddard.............works for National
Dave Bell ....................works for National

Odessy exists only in the minds of players who don't know better.
Manike had nothing to do with the original HALO.
Manike designed another system.........now owned by National

The only question left will be who will own it all in the end, SP or National.

AGD

gc82000
03-31-2005, 03:34 AM
I think that answers a question that I know nothing about. So what is the topic of this thread again. :confused:

jewie27
03-31-2005, 04:43 AM
So are the Empire loaders that much better than the original HALO designs?

jewie27
03-31-2005, 04:44 AM

AGD

SP is probably working on owning it all as we speak... LOL

The might have to call it the "Smart Reloader". Patent number 592,300,114.

Lohman446
03-31-2005, 07:06 AM
Be thankful SP doesnt hold that patent - I glanced at it and saw a patent about a high speed paintball loader... they'd go back and sue anyone making one that went over 12 BPS as violating there "high speed" loader patent

gc82000
03-31-2005, 07:45 AM
I think they might make it even lower then that. Gravity allows for what 8 bps so they might say anything more then 9 is an infringment on their product.

Baby Huey
03-31-2005, 07:51 AM
Come on now, no need to turn this into ANOTHER thread bashing SP.

Lohman446
03-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Come on now, no need to turn this into ANOTHER thread bashing SP.

I did it - and I am generally a strong defender of SP... but you gotta admit it was pretty funny (and not that far from most peoples understanding of what happened with the electro-patent)

Baby Huey
03-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Ya, it is funny. I can laugh at both sides, I have a Shocker (yes with the Dynasty Board) and I have a sweet Mag (RPG Paradigm from roguefactor with every upgrade he has available). Its funny cause people with mags hammer my electro (this forum) and people with electro's hammer the woodsball and mech guns (other forums). Going to work have a great day and God Bless.

sbpyro
03-31-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure about the paintball manufacturing world but there is some private label work possible. This where if I had a product you liked, but wanted to have your own label/colors/mods type of thing. I deal with this stuff alot unfortunately.

ApexAZ
03-31-2005, 10:27 AM

AGD

You're way off base here. Microsoft will own it all in the end. =)

HarrysSon
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
You're way off base here. Microsoft will own it all in the end. =)
i think hes right :D :dance: :bounce: :rofl: :clap: :) ;) :p :rolleyes: :cheers:

TheTramp
03-31-2005, 11:24 AM
So are the Empire loaders that much better than the original HALO designs?

A Halo B with a Victory board and rip drive is comprable to the Reloader B. You really can't say that one is better than the other. Different people perfer various features of each.

Now a X-board Revy vs. a Reloader 2 is a different sotry. ;)

thecavemankevin
03-31-2005, 12:47 PM

linked it from another forum i used to visit...now i just use their emoticons. thats one of my favs though.

you can right click on it and view the properties including the url

CoolHand
03-31-2005, 02:14 PM

AGD

Maybe now.

There used to be a wholely separate company there.

Then comes along OGI (which wasn't called OGI then, but I digress) and buys them out, the HALO quality goes to crap, and the company starts to tank. The two originators bail, NPS licenses the patent (or by emplying the owners/creators gets a piece of the pie, however that went down I don't know exactly), and brings the HALO back from the dead. OGI keeps the name, stops putting out the crapily built loaders, and we all move on down the road.

At least the Reloader B's aren't broken in thier box when you get them, they work the first time you put batteries in them, and they don't smoke randomly.

That's good enough for me.

You guys shouldn't ***** too loudly, this is what everyone wanted. Paintball to become mainstream, big business, rolling in cash. Well, its getting there, and now you all don't like the killer business tactics that come along with the high numbers preceeded with dollar signs.

This is a prime example of "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it."

You wanted it, you got it. You gots to deal with it now folks, its here to stay.

Baby Huey
03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Any business methods that produce good equipment at a fair price is a good thing.

TheTramp
03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
That's sort of what I was thinking. I like the quality of the Halos now as well as the different Empire loaders. What's the problem?

HarrysSon
03-31-2005, 03:21 PM

but how do u get that as an emoticon? :confused:

HarrysSon
03-31-2005, 03:23 PM
if i use that, it ends up as a website link or a picture :shooting:

thecavemankevin
03-31-2005, 04:17 PM
you have to link it in as a pic. first get the URL: http://www.neonspeed.com/forums/images/smiles/lol_hitting.gif

then when posting type Paste URL HERE and you get http://www.neonspeed.com/forums/images/smiles/lol_hitting.gif

that is how you link all pics to actually show up and not have to click on it.

Athius
03-31-2005, 04:20 PM
Who cares who created the halo design? I dont like halos they always giving me problems. Apache is the way to go for me. And BTW Empire make low quality crap. Their knee pads screwed my knees and their jerseys and pants suck.

stop whining buy a mag
03-31-2005, 04:46 PM

AGD

Tom is always there when you need quality entertainment. :clap:

MicroMiniMe
03-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Tom is always there when you need quality entertainment. :clap:
Must have something to do with that whole anti-gravity feed patent on the Warps.

HarrysSon
04-01-2005, 12:06 AM
http://www.neonspeed.com/forums/ima...lol_hitting.gif

HarrysSon
04-01-2005, 12:07 AM
did it show up? it shows as an "x" for me cuz it cant show the thing :confused: