PDA

View Full Version : LMK what you think about BE's Rainmaker

Micromag5371
11-20-2001, 06:20 PM
Ok, i am guilty. i want to buy a Brass Eagle Rainmaker, they are only $240 at action village... which i think is a prety fair deal for an electro. now, I do own a micromag, and am impressed with it. i am looking for more speed and the trigger of an electro. now I would like to learn about the rainmaker before buying, i have heard some pretty good stuff about them but i want to know more. if any of you own one or have played with one let me know how they are and if they are worth $240.

Load SM5
11-20-2001, 06:30 PM
They're kind of fun to play with and tinker around with. Buit they are really cheaply put together. There are a suprising amount of aftermarket parts for them so you could spend some cash getting them to run right. I just hated the pot metal grip frame that bent and threatened to break all the time.

You could also check out the new Black Dragon elctronic gun and let us all know how good it is. It's only $199 from Paintball FX http://www.paintballfx.com/blackdragon.html. It looks like a spyder clone with an electronic grip frame but hey it's $200. You can't even buy an E-Frame for $200.

rhetor22
11-20-2001, 07:28 PM
the rainmaker is a good gun. Its not exactly a microswitch trigger pull type gun though, at least i don't think it is. It uses electricity to run a circuit board for the anti ball chop and timing i think. Ask someone on BEOG. they will know.

Thordic
11-20-2001, 08:52 PM
Fred, aka MagDog68, owns a rainmaker, and it isn't as bad as you may think. It shoots pretty well, and it has decent speed.

Drawbacks are its VERY loud with the stock barrel, and its kinda heavy.

The noise is kinda cool, though. Fred was shooting his without the barrel on, sounded like an M60 :)

If you have $240 sitting around, I'd say it'd be a fun gun to mess around with.

a_malfunction
11-20-2001, 09:11 PM
I, personally, would take the $240 and save $30 more and buy a retro. But it is your money.

Vegeta
11-20-2001, 09:17 PM
FOr 240 you might be able to get a Zap ZXS 600-E. They look pretty decent, and have diffrent modes unlike the Rainmaker.

Vegeta
11-20-2001, 09:17 PM
FOr 240 you might be able to get a Zap ZXS 600-E. They look pretty decent, and have diffrent modes unlike the Rainmaker.

Te retro would be a good bet too, and you know its reliable.

Micromag5371
11-21-2001, 11:14 AM
Ok, thanks. i will most likely buy a rainmaker, and use it as a backup to my micro...my micro hauls *** in woods games. but if i do buy it i will most likely buy the $95 gabriel chip and slap that in it...it will shoot like a shocker then. oh well, those are my plans, and if all turns out well i will let you know how it turns out.

rhetor22
11-21-2001, 11:47 AM
i know some one selling a rainmaker for $200, i think he has done some mods to it. Let me know if you want his email.

a person
11-21-2001, 11:48 AM
some people have some really tricked rainmakers. ask around for the "monsoon", it is the most tricked rainmaker ever! I saw it on PBcity.com back in the day when it was free, it was freaking sweet. oh go here, look at ScottQ's http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=30850