PDA

View Full Version : how do i lighten trigger pull

68bird
03-31-2005, 12:04 AM
how do i lightten the pull without doing anything to the valve or getting a ult?

Janitor
03-31-2005, 04:42 AM
Get the ULT for starters.

jewie27
03-31-2005, 04:52 AM
how do i lightten the pull without doing anything to the valve or getting a ult?

I assume you have a Mag. Without ULT, you could make your own pneumatic trigger or buy an electro frame.

PumpPlayer
03-31-2005, 02:42 PM
That's not necessarily true...

You CAN add small springs to make the pull a bit lighter, but you'll run the risk of short-stroking the marker and you need to ensure that when you release the trigger, the sear resets fully.

On the stock grip frame (carbon fiber) - you can add 1/8" diameter springs in front of the trigger, pushing down. That requires that you remove the safety and squeeze the spring between the trigger and the rail. I don't recommend this. Keep your safety.

The second place you can put a spring is in the rear of the carbon fiber frame pressing up on the rear of the sear. Again, 1/8" dia. springs will work. You may need to drill out the frame a tad to fit the spring depending upon what you use. Pressing up on the rear of the sear, the spring will decrease the force needed on the trigger. Again, be careful that the sear resets all the way if you spring the sear - if it doesn't reset all the way, you'll get shoot-down and short stroking. About 1/2" of 1/8" dia. spring will work fine and decrease your trigger weight by a few grams depending upon the spring constant you use.

Basically it boils down to using a spring to help you in moving the sear along its stroke path. Just be careful when you do it because you run the risk of short-stroking if you try to make it too light. On a classic 'mag, it's really not worth it but it can be done.

Eatem Alive
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
i think luke offers a mod that won't lighten it but will shorten it.

deadeye9
03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Finger exercises.

usmc8892
04-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Just takes some getting used to, i still run a classic, and i can shoot plenty fast, at least for woods and just for fun speedball. A double trigger will help a little (won't lighten the trigger, but will allow more fingers to do the work)

jackbauer
04-01-2005, 10:50 AM
dude for under 200 you can get a used xvalve with a ult and that will solve all you problems now and any to come. :)

Spacemanvic
04-01-2005, 05:17 PM
JackBauer:

GREAT!!

Thats's what I want, where can I get one? I NEED the Xvalve and the ULT. I was looking at the ION, but I really do LOVE my automag (over 10 yars old). But Im torn by price and by the firing rate the ION has. I'd hate to get my 34 year old body ripped by a 15 year old muppet armed with an ION.

Someone help me get my old dog to learn new tricks!!

noahyay
04-02-2005, 01:44 AM
i can walk my 5 shim ult easily