PDA

View Full Version : mask color thread

mag88888
03-31-2005, 05:24 PM
do any of you guys use colored masks in woods? if so does it affect your game? like do people see you? is this ok?http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=yVDcoPd6yZrcOrU2vaUcCP2z92ODqFjVuCU=?Pro ductID=on_AqArbVu8AAAD_GV2ny5Oi
EDIT: sorta of a stupid thread but i need to nkow, ill delte it after i get answers.

JimmyBeam
03-31-2005, 05:28 PM
i would spend 10 more bucks and get the switch

http://www.bradyspaintball.com/dyeprswgoflb.html

Skoad
03-31-2005, 05:32 PM
well a colored mask will stand out more than a black one of course, but most likely if they see you in your blue mask they would have saw you in a black one too.

CKY_Alliance
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
It may be a nuisance if you plan on sitting in a bush in camo or a gilly suit wating for someone to coem by but what fun is that?When i play woodsball i dont hide out even most people i know that use pumps and snipe people dont just sit in places so i dont think it will make that much a diffrence unless you plan on pulling some sneeky navy seal comando style stuff.

mag88888
03-31-2005, 06:29 PM
nah i dont do that. i move more than all the other people whn im playing.

JoshK
03-31-2005, 06:38 PM
I would suggest a Flex IZE...you can get them for under $40 now...and they come with a clear, and IZE thermal lense.

fire1811
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
If I was worried about color I would buy it that color 90% of the home colored masks I have seen look like crap

SpecialBlend2786
03-31-2005, 08:59 PM
i would spend 10 more bucks and get the switch

http://www.bradyspaintball.com/dyeprswgoflb.html

ditto. I have one and love it to death.

Skywalker
03-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah Flex IZE is where it's at. I got a Moss Green one for $40. Plus it comes with a tinted thermal lense and a clear lense. You can'e beat that for the price.

JoshK
03-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah Flex IZE is where it's at. I got a Moss Green one for $40. Plus it comes with a tinted thermal lense and a clear lense. You can'e beat that for the price.

I agree...you can get them for like $36 at freedomxpaintball, and he doesnt even have the best prices I've seen.

alooney11
04-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Get a proflex mismatch the goggle and grill color and get a cool strap, go with clear lenses and a visor.

gc82000
04-01-2005, 02:24 AM
I agree...you can get them for like $36 at freedomxpaintball, and he doesnt even have the best prices I've seen.
The where is the best place to get a Pro-flex?

VFX_Fenix
04-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Be aware that the soft ears hurt when you get hit in the side of the head... Game play won't be affected enough for it to matter since there are two ways you'll be seen; 1) you're making a lot of noise and shooting at someone already and 2) moving your head which will attract attention anyway. Stationary objects in most wooded conditions, pretty much reguardless of color (unless its yellow), won't stand out too much, the closer the color is to the surroundings the less it stands out, granted, but unless you're playing against people who've trained themselves to see humans as silouhets in the woods you shouldn't have a problem with a blue goggle system.

For what it's worth, the Proto goggle system (at least on me) doesn't have nearly the periferial vision of the JT Spectra (Flex-7/Pro Flex).

Perriferial Vision procedes as follows:
Z-Leader eXtreme Vision
V-Force Profiler
JT/V-Force Spectra/Morph/Shield
DYE/Proto Invision/Switch
V-Force Armor
JT Elite (X-Fire/Headshield)

There's a rather big jump between the Spectra, the DYE/Proto, and Armor, the rest of the systems are more or less pretty close together. It could just be the way the goggle systems sit on my head. Also, be aware I've had some problems in the past with JT Lenses that were made after BE purchased JT USA with them showing a fair ammount of "damage" from lense hits, not that the lense won't continue to stop paint, far from it, but it'll still show the hits a lot more than the older JT lenses did.

If it were not for the fact that V-Force doesn't make a Morph in blue I'd say try one of those, but you know...

Skywalker
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I can honestly say that I have just as much peripheral vision with my Spectra and IZE system than say with a Profiler or a Switch. People always claim to be able to see more of the field and everything and everyone on it when using a Profiler or whatever. But when I'm on the field I have absolutely no problems seeing everyone with my JT masks.

Also, blue won't stand out that much. It's probably the next best color compared to a green or black in terms of blending in with your surroundings. As I said before, you can't beat that price.

VFX_Fenix
04-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Which is why I said "my head". Honestly when I've worn the Invision/Switch goggles I could see the goggle frame while looking forward... and that just bugs me.