PDA

View Full Version : AO please help me and tell me if this is a good deal :-\

Conversekidz
04-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Phantom Pump paintball gun system
12 gram Co2 quick changer fit either under the included stock or vertically as a grip.
16 oz. Co2 tank can be used under stock, as a stock, or vertically.
Gun includes 10 round horizontal stock class loading system as well as gravity feed w/hopper!
Red Dot Laser sight w/battery included.
Velocity adjusting tool included.
16 ten round aintball tubes
9 Co2 cartridges (12 grams)
Nice shoulder stock
I am also including a Fully functional NSG Splatmaster paintball gun!

The guy is selling me all of this for 200 dollars cash. Is it a good deal? I have never bought a pump before so I don't know what they are going for.

Oh and the phantom is a 45 frame

thanks

wanna-b-ballin'
04-01-2005, 12:33 AM
i'v never shot a phantom, but it sounds like a good deal to me.
i'v got a maverick, and playing pump with it is pretty fun.

check the phantoms website. i think its phantomonline.com and see what they cost there.

usmc8892
04-01-2005, 02:09 AM
First of all, Phantoms rock! You will not be disappointed with it at all. The marker itself with a 45 frame retails for just over 200 new. You may want to check out whitewolfairsmithing.com as you can order a Phantom in any color/configuration you can imagine. Also check out phantomonline.com so you can see all the parts/upgrades. But yeah, i would say 200 is fair if it is in good shape.

Conversekidz
04-01-2005, 02:22 AM
I'm going to get it, to buy just the gun in the basic setup that is is right now is 280, plus you have to get the other breach, and the t-stock, and the other odds and ends.

plus i get a splatmaster pistol, it might not be much but I know people are selling them for 40-50 right now, so I definatly think its agood deal.

Lohman446
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Thats a horrible deal... :D who exactly are you getting it from - I need name, numbers, contact info

Lupis Fidelis
04-01-2005, 10:30 AM
That's a great deal in my book.

rkjunior303
04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Just make sure you find out how old it is.. older phantom have fixed barrels and that could explain the cost.

Conversekidz
04-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm calling him today at work to work out the final details, i'll ask about the barrel. Would the barrel still be fixed even though you can change the bodies out from stock class to gravity feed?

hAppy
04-01-2005, 01:13 PM
That's a very fair price for a package like that. Is it VSC? That's the "high-end" Phantom setup.

Conversekidz
04-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Look at phantoms website the gun looks just like the 280 dollar markers with the 45 frame and the VSC setup (longer feed tube), it also comes with the new breech which was listed ar 30 somthing, has a stock, co2 tank, adjustment tool for velocity, and the splatmaster gun. Plus I don't have to deal with shipping i'm getting it in person.

I"ll tell everyone when I get it.

sithos
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
for 200$??? get it NOW. unless its beat to hell, thats a steal. phantoms hold their resale better than just about any marker (cept those oldschool trixs that are like 2g...)

Conversekidz
04-02-2005, 06:59 PM
i'm picking it up in an hour :clap:

JRingold
04-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Did it have the .45 or the M-16 grips? You may want to get the $8.00 detente kit and a trigger shoe if it doesn't have them. The detente kit workes sweet for me, since I kept having balls roll out the end of the barrel. :rofl: The trigger shoe is recommended because the stock triggers are pretty uncomfortable, especially if you have a long string using the "auto trigger". Auto Trigger = hold the trigger and pump, and at the end of every stroke, you shoot.

"Phear the Phantom."

Conversekidz
04-03-2005, 11:34 PM
45 frame

balls don't roll down the barrel

the gun rocks, i used it at tag today, only played a game with it cause after 2 hours of work I got my freestyle to work consitant enough to play with.

Barjack420
04-03-2005, 11:57 PM
yeah thats a pretty good price for a phantom. Its kinda hard to get them for anything less. And theyre much more expensive if you buy them new.

But they are worth every penny.

Day of Pball with electro-
$60 for a case of paint
$10-15 for field fee, and all day air

about $70

Day of Pball with a phantom
$15 for 500 balls
$10 for 12gram Co2 capsules
$10 for field fee.

pwning some kid in the face with one shot, after he's wasted half a case on your bunker........Priceless