PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Seeks Help

mr_kiel14
04-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Don't wanna be the typical newbie on the forums, but i guess since i just registered... I'm thinking about buying a RT-ULE w/ warp and was just curious what else i'll need. I'm used to C02 and am just getting back into the game after not playing for a couple years. What entails the gas system that I will need? Will I need a bottle AND reg... or just a bottle? Any advice on where to look for nice systems w/ good prices? Any help you can offer, I thank you. (Still deciding between the Tipp A5 and the RT-ULE... talk me into one or the other if you feel so inclined) :)

usmc8892
04-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Welcome to AO! You will find the answers to any questions you have here. I too came from a Tippmann A5 to a 'Mag and i havn't looked back since. I currently run a classic and an RT ULE. The RT ULE is the way to go, but you won't be able to run CO2, i would get a crossfire 68/4500 or a good adjustable, like an apoc. Check out www.themagsmith.com for a good deal on an RT ULE.

anders
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I as well have come from an A5 to RT pro. and i have friends that have timies, angles, eblades and so far this gun is far more reliable then all those markers. and for a macanincul marker its the best money can buy

Maggot6
04-04-2005, 06:37 PM
People will ask more "what kinda gun is that" type questions if you have a mag. Be warned. ;)
As well, HPA is a must on an RT valve. As for the bottle and reg, make sure the output of your tank is around 800-850 psi for an RT, and if you want more of a reactive trigger, get higher than the 850..On this forum people are generally friendly to newbs, just ask questions and be ready ti learn. And be honest. Welcome to Automags.org :bounce:

mr_kiel14
04-05-2005, 12:41 AM
What a warm welcome. I'm new to mags and AO, but not to forums. This is probably the nicest forum I have ever seen, no flaming, just good honest advice. Well you'll be happy to know that I took your advice and have joined the mag family w/ an RT-ULE. Lookin forward to askin even more questions as I tinker and learn this new system. Thanks for all your help, you people rock!

stop whining buy a mag
04-05-2005, 02:39 PM
You don't need (or want) a secondary reg. Just get a 4500 PSI HPA tank and your set. Don't skimp out and get a 3,000 PSI tank. A mag will not shoot if you tank is under 1,000 PSI so you will be constantly filling and may even run out of air. Your best off with a 68/4500 Crossfire Tank. Very reliable with a steady output of 800-850 PSI. It is perfect for a mag.

If you want to spend the extra $$$ you can get an adjustable tank but it is expensive and sometimes a hassle. I've only owned a couple of adjustable tanks and I just don't like them. All you have to do on a preset tank is just screw it in and keep your fill nipple covered.

Search around for the mag you want. Many sites have cheap RT ULE's. The one question that often comes up is "Do I want the ULT (Ultra Light Trigger Pull Kit)?" It drops the pull weight to 15 oz making it almost walkable. Some people love it and some people don't. It really helps you shoot faster and keep up with those electros. The reason why I don't like it is the extra tuning it requires. It can cause your mag to do weird things and can be frustrating. But of course you could get one with your mag and just use the stock on/off if you don't like the ULT.

Level 10 tuning is always a big topic on the Tech section of the forums. Your Level 10 will already come installed on your mag if you get an X-Valve. If you just want to go out and play, don't try to adjust it. It *may* chop paint on colder days but that is better than a gun that doesn't work. All you will eventually have to do is change the carrier size when the o-ring breaks in. You'll hear a slight leak coming down the barrel and that's your sign that your o-ring has broken in

If you don't mind taking the gun apart and learning about it, the Level 10 is the first thing you want to learn how to adjust. There are good directions and plenty of help on the boards if you get lost. A nicely tuned Level 10 will never chop paintballs.

That's all I can really think of. If it doesn't make sense just tell me because I've rambled on too long.

alooney11
04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
"If you want to spend the extra $$$ you can get an adjustable tank but it is expensive and sometimes a hassle. I've only owned a couple of adjustable tanks and I just don't like them."

I have to disagree with this one, if you have the funds get an adjustable your trigger will feel much crisper. Good luck.

tonybhall
04-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I started with a Tippman 98 Custom several years ago. Went to a 68 classic mag and then to a RT Pro. It's like night and day. Go with the Mag and you won't be dissappointed. With the Tippman, no matter how much you put into it, it's still just an entry level newb marker. That's my $0.02. :shooting: