PDA

View Full Version : fires full auto?

hs2000
04-01-2005, 02:39 PM
I Bought an rt pro a couple of weeks ago. I got it brand new from the automag web site. When I first got it I gasses it up and it worked fine. I left it for two weeks and then gassed it up again and now when I pull the trigger it shoots full auto. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I brought it to my local shop and they where as confused as I was. Is this common? If it helps it has the lvl 10 bolt and ULE trigger factory installed. The guns brand new and completly stock and I was using air (not co2).
Thanks for the help in advance.
(I searched but found nothing)

undescriptive
04-01-2005, 03:07 PM
try taking out a shim from the ULT and oiling the bejesus out of every moving part!

it will help a lot...

then you need to run plenty of air through it to break it all in....

then enjoy!

hs2000
04-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I check that out. I didn't know there was a break in period.

undescriptive
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
you have to get the orings to sit right....

so, yeah, a little bit of break-in and tuning time...
after that it should run good!

any serious problems, Tunaman is your man!

Tunaman
04-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Make sure there are 2 orings down in the on/off hole. 10 bucks says one is missing... :D

undescriptive
04-01-2005, 06:17 PM
didn't think about that....

though he does have the ULT installed, so he shouldn't have 2 orings in there ;) :P

Tunaman
04-01-2005, 07:05 PM
my bad. Missed that. Disregard my last statement. Check the sear and trigger rod length. Check for a broken on/off pin too.

Yuck-Mag
04-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Teheheh full auto Rt, you really are lucky you see, its fun to shoot people with a full autort, I had that one but it was on my classic, I didnt know what was wrong I assumed it was AGD magic, ended up my trigger was stuck, and thats how I came up with the name yuck.

Alrite I dont know if its the same with your gun., my trigger was stuck down and the sear would for some reason go spastic back and for it caught on the side of my frame and was awsome till one day the local tech fixed it with out asking me :( and my crazy awsome single trigger full auto mech was gone for ever. Makes me sad.

ghost068
04-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Why doesn't anyone take advantage of this, like post a tutorial on how to make it do this?

Yuck-Mag
04-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Mine was a horrible fluke that I want back.... :( It makes me so sad because the refs knew it was a fluke and told all the airsmiths not to fix it (freinds) damn new guy...

undescriptive
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
with an RT and a ULT all you have to do is shim it...
it goes full auto easily....

at around 15-20 bps easy to stop as well if needed!

hs2000
04-03-2005, 06:18 PM
I have not tried it yet because I left the mag at my local shop, I am going to stop by tommorrow and try these shims out. Where do I put them? Sorry I am new to this whole mag scene.
thanks for the help.

undescriptive
04-04-2005, 04:13 AM
if you have the ULT installed, that's where you have the shims....

you need to unscrew the 2 halves (being very careful so as to not bend the very thin pin in the on/off) then add 2-4 shims

when you gas it up, it might fire one shot automatically on gas up (mine does) but next, you should just be able to pull the trigger and off it goes....
if it doesn't, add another shim until it does....

WARNING! this MAY cause accelerated bolt and sear wear! - don't say I didn't warn you if it does! :shooting:

Alpha
04-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Why doesn't anyone take advantage of this, like post a tutorial on how to make it do this?

I'm well ahead of you my man. www.TheAlphaMag.com > Mag tech> Rapidfire.

I've been doing this with my mag for quite some time now. Zak Vetters been doing it for even longer! www.ZakVEtter.com for some cool vids.

The way mine is setup, I can walk it normally if need be, or I can stroke the trigger and get the full auto effect.

hs2000
04-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I figured out where the on/off pin is, and I found the shims. The directions that came in the ULE trigger box says if you are firing full auto to remove shims to fix it. So I removed one shim at a time but now there are none left to remove and I am still firing full auto. In total I removed five or six shims. Now what do I do?

Z-man
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm well ahead of you my man. www.TheAlphaMag.com > Mag tech> Rapidfire.

I've been doing this with my mag for quite some time now. Zak Vetters been doing it for even longer! www.ZakVEtter.com for some cool vids.

:hail: the direct link is

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/mag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html

the movies are located at

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/z-mans_corner/zmans_corner_main.html

CaliMagFan
04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
pull the trigger and let it go full auto for as long as it will... i'lll bet it stops after about 5 seconds... usually we just dont give our markers enough time to set in when we make a change, and misdiagnose things as problems

hs2000
04-15-2005, 11:45 AM
pull the trigger and let it go full auto for as long as it will... i'lll bet it stops after about 5 seconds... usually we just dont give our markers enough time to set in when we make a change, and misdiagnose things as problems
Yeah, I tried that but I ended up just calling the tech's and they fixed it, but thanks anyway.

Dirge
04-15-2005, 02:31 PM
What did they fix?