PDA

View Full Version : Alias timmy

sponsor.me
04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
i have been reading a lot of reviews on the alias timmy, and some people are claiming that they chop. other people are saying that that is all a bunch of lies and they work great. what is true!?!? do you know anyone that has ever had a problem with a newer alias, and if so what was it? thanks a lot

-=Squid=-
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
i have been reading a lot of reviews on the alias timmy, and some people are claiming that they chop. other people are saying that that is all a bunch of lies and they work great. what is true!?!? do you know anyone that has ever had a problem with a newer alias, and if so what was it? thanks a lot
They work great.

68magOwner
04-01-2005, 11:55 PM
one teammate who had one had a slight chopping problem, but i believe it was his detents or settings, anotehr teammate currently has one and is in love with it, no problems

RRfireblade
04-02-2005, 12:27 AM
I've shot them for a while now.,on my second one right now. Simply put, it's a excellent marker.

Proper maintanance and care is required for best performance but that is true of any high end marker. Besides that it is super fast,quite efficient,extremely light weight,has an excellent eye system and all the programmable features you will ever need.You want V. 116 at least or 127.4, which is the most current software version.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone in the market for a true high end performance marker.

hobbesTZ
04-02-2005, 12:42 AM
A lot of people own Intimidators, which means a lot of intellectually sterile people own them, I've seen thread after thread of people using them with soft detents (they can work fine, but not all the time). Also, people like to use regular paint in cold weather and then blame the gun. That one I REALLY don't get, I'll never understand it. That and people using winter paint at an indoor field. Boy I could go on and on, but I won't right now because I want pie :ninja:

Xenocide
04-02-2005, 10:02 AM
A few friends of mine have owned them, and only one had a problem. kind of a big problem tho. He had to buy a ram cap to get it working out of the box. He still cant use an empire reloader b on it or it chops every ball. no idea why, my reloader works on my 2k2 timmy but not on his alias. we tried many many hoppers. it sometimes chopped with small bore paint when we hand fed it one at a time, go figure. it worked fine for a year tho...

If you are running a halo, and using small bore paint, timmys can have a chopping problem, ESPECIALLY if you don't adjust your ram cap correctly. But they are easy as hell to maintain, and light, fast/efficient.

I like me 2k2!

eddited for tard-dom

tony3
04-02-2005, 10:26 AM
They work great, I do suggest a hybird bumperless ram cap for it though. I personally though would suggest an old style timmy, i.e. lasoya, 2k2, ironman, texas storm, etc. For one reason they are much much cheaper and will work the same. I also feel that the new electronics for the alias platform timmys suck. I am not a fan of microswitches connected to boards.

thorn
04-02-2005, 11:00 AM
all the ones at my field seem to work great. now those dm4/5/pm5's are a dif. story.

but if u have the cash, go for the ego.

SpecialBlend2786
04-02-2005, 12:07 PM
but if u have the cash, go for the ego.

Thats what i'd do.

But then again, Alias's are pretty cheap used, around $800

tony3
04-02-2005, 12:48 PM
ego for 1000 used or 2k2 timmy for 600 used, hmmmm.

SpecialBlend2786
04-02-2005, 12:53 PM
2k2 timmy for 600 used

point made. :shooting:

PaintballSmurf13
04-02-2005, 06:47 PM
:shooting: :shooting: my alias has always ripped it up CRAZY :shooting: :shooting:
i LOVE IT.. i mean, i wouldn't trade it for any gun out on the market besides something like a ripper alias :dance: . i've chopped maybe like 3-4 times in the 6 months or so of HEAVY use, due to TERRIBLE paint.. we're talking straight BAD :nono: paint
and now i have an Infamous board in it..so happy w/ it...
my ONLY complaint would be the "high" maintainace... it's really easy though... so no problems there :clap:

MadPSIence
04-02-2005, 06:52 PM
that ripper is something else..

Flow_Tech
04-02-2005, 07:52 PM
my alias is a beast.

Codekevin0403
04-03-2005, 06:22 PM
the alias goes like S*** i mean it's crazy. My friend had a little chopping problem with his, but he switched his paint to a slightly larger bore paint and he didn't have any more chopping problems. The one thing is that i think the alias is a little overrated when everyone says that it's the best gun ever, and that's why i haven't picked one out but it's still a very nice marker.

LeatherPants
04-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Great marker. I have one as a backup or as my "front player" gun since it's lighter than my Viking.

The worst thing about the marker is the craptastic detents it used. The rubber fingers come in various strengths and no matter what you will have to replace them regularly.

Good thing is you can find guys on PBN that sell detents. I just picked up 30 detents.

Speed wise it rips. People may argue that pro teams only use it because of sponsorships but it wouldn't be that highly used if it sucked.

It's a great marker. I picked one up used cheap and it has been one of my moreliable markers. Easy maintenance. Everything is straight forward. No need for specail toolkits like on my Viking and 05 SPeed.