PDA

View Full Version : RT not gassing up

griffin23
11-20-2001, 09:04 PM
I just changed the O-rings in my RT and after using it on the field last Saturday, my gun won't gas up. I took apart my RT to clean it and to make sure all the O-rings are still intact. Everything looks fine, until I turn on my tank and the trigger sear won't charge up. When I pull the trigger, nothing happens. There is no hissing or noticeable leaks. Can someone tell me what's wrong?:confused:

a_malfunction
11-20-2001, 09:45 PM
Does the tank have enough pressure to cock the gun?

PyRo
11-20-2001, 10:24 PM
1. Are you sure that everything is together correctly, and that you used the correct o-rings in the correct places?
2. Does the tank have enough pressure in it?
3. Is the output on the tank set high enough?
4. Is the valve even getting any pressure?
5. Is the velocity set so low that it will not gas up?

2000Sabre
11-21-2001, 12:22 PM
Along with others have said, review the Troubleshooting section of the RT video tape as it has excellent tips for solving the most common problems. In this case, make sure you have the velocity adjustment screw in tight enough. This is the most common problem for RT's that don't gas up. It mentions this specifically in the video.

If for some reason you don't have one, call AGD and they'll send you one for free. Good luck

griffin23
11-22-2001, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies. I already tried the steps you guys mentioned and it still won't gas up. I have the pressure going into the gun at 700 psi. However, when I attempt to turn up the pressure on my tank, it starts to leak down the barrel. I called AGD and they told me to send it in (dropped it off since I live in Chicago.) and they'll look at it. Once again, thanks everyone for helping me out...I'll let you guys know what happens.

griffin23
12-18-2001, 09:16 AM
OK, got my RT back from AGD. Apparently, the .230 spacer I had in it caused it to leak down the barrel. They replaced it with a shorter (.215) spacer as well as replacing all the O-rings. It works fine now...