PDA

View Full Version : Trigger and Hall Question

AGD202
04-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Could any1 explain to me how exactly the magnet in the back of the trigger and the Hall works together on the emag.... and how far away it is supposed to be...
just anything on how they work please

jenarelJAM
04-02-2005, 02:39 PM
im hot exactly sure how the hall sensor "senses" the magnet in the trigger, but when the trigger is within around half a centimeter to the hall sensor, it "senses" the magnet and fires the solenoid. the emag should come adjusted so that the hall sensor is not too close when the gun is turned on, but if you want a shorter and faster trigger pull, you will need to spend some time adjusting the trigger stops and adjusting the placement of the triger magnet. to lighten my trigger pull, i literally took about 30-50 layers of electrical tape and cut them in the circular shape of the magnet, one by one. then i stuck them all together, and then the ne sticky side that was left, i stuck to the magnet. then i stuck the magnet in the hole on top of that black o-ring(i dont know which one it is, it was in the small parts bag) and my trigger is light enough to blow on and it shoots. total, it took me about 2 hours to get my trigger set up close to where i wanted it, and another two hours to fine tune it. If you are looking for more info, i think there is an emag trigger adjustment page on www.zakvetter.com

SpecialBlend2786
04-02-2005, 03:04 PM
the Hall sensor senses magnetic fields

AGD202
04-02-2005, 03:38 PM

thats probably one of the most pointless answers in the world

dj89
04-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Well thays what it dose. :ninja:

AGD202
04-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Well thays what it dose. :ninja:

the 1st person to post the answer was helpful and gave me all the info i needed... but i knew that is "senced the magnet"....

SpecialBlend2786
04-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Could any1 explain to me how exactly the magnet in the back of the trigger and the Hall works together on the emag.... and how far away it is supposed to be...
just anything on how they work please

im hot exactly sure how the hall sensor "senses" the magnet in the trigger, but when the trigger is within around half a centimeter to the hall sensor, it "senses" the magnet and fires the solenoid.

Alright. You asked how far away its supposed to be, or "just anything on how they work please"

JenarelJAM replied, and wasn't sure how the hall sensor "senses" the magnet.

I replied that it senses the field that the magnet emits.

If you could use your brain just a little bit, you'd realize that when the hall sensor senses the field, it fires the solenoid. that means that the trigger should be just far away enough not to be sensed by the sensor...

of course, this is pretty common knowledge. A quick search could have found that answer in a few seconds, therefor your thread is probably one of the most pointless threads in the world, since it has been answered before.

My clarification is more pointless than this?

ur a trekie haha
:rolleyes:
try this site for all info on emags : http://www.havoc-online.com/11699.html
It has info on adjusting the trigger to your liking, as well as maintaining it and tuning the lvl 10.

And please try not to be so ignorant

Boydster
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I think he (and I) are wondering how it senses it.

SpecialBlend2786
04-02-2005, 06:56 PM
I think he (and I) are wondering how it senses it.

It is based on the principle of the Hall effect: a voltage is generated transversely to the current flow direction in an electric conductor (the Hall voltage), if a magnetic field is applied perpendicularly to the conductor.

The Hall sensor responds to the presence or the interruption of a magnetic field by producing either a digital or an analog output. This output is the signal that the board senses, and thus triggers the solenoid to fire.

Boydster
04-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Interesting...

SpecialBlend2786
04-02-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah. It is usually used in semiconductors, the emag/xmags are the only example of the technology being applied in paintball. Pretty much all other electro's use a microswitch or an opto system.

I guess this was the smartest way to do it, since the trigger does not need to have any contact whatsoever with the insides of the frame, like the others do. The micro switch needs a physical press, and the opto's need a protrusion or something to cross the beam. The Hall effect sensor allows the emag to be used as an elecro or as a mech gun, cause it allows room for the automag sear.

hear is some great info on applications and how they work
http://content.honeywell.com/sensing/prodinfo/solidstate/technical/chapter2.pdf

my cousin works for Honeywell, so yeah.