PDA

View Full Version : automag leaks out the back, lvl 10

foomasta
04-02-2005, 02:55 PM
when i air up my gun it leaks out the back, the higher i turn up the velocity the more it leaks, then when i shoot and hold on the trigger it stops leaking...
whats the deal??
thanks

undescriptive
04-02-2005, 04:00 PM
you need a new spring pack in the back of the valve...

due to the increased pressure that the LVL10 requires it will sometimes vent out the back.

the AGD store and Tunaman have the parts you need :)

foomasta
04-02-2005, 06:29 PM
why would i need a new one.. whats wrong with the one i have now?

danheneise
04-02-2005, 06:38 PM
if anything, you shouldn't be turning up your velocity, if it leaks out the back you need to turn it down. get to a chronograph and adjust your velocity to ~285 and see if it still leaks out the back, if it is still leaking then do what undescriptive said to do ;)

foomasta
04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
it leaks no matter what... when the velocity is very low it wont even shoot at all, when i turn it up it leaks more but shoots...

sparkzilla
04-02-2005, 07:39 PM
I am a new owner. I just got an RT and a classic today. I also have the same problem with my RT. How do i adjust the velocity??

BlackVCG
04-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Gas up the gun and shoot it a few times. If it's leaking out the back, turn the silver screw on the back of the valve with a 1/8" allen wrench one full turn counter-clockwise. Then shoot the gun a few times. If the leak stops, then your gun was shooting hot. If the leak does not stop, degas the gun and take the velocity adjuster all the way out and then pull out the piston with a dental pick by putting it in the hole in the center of the piston. Replace the o-ring on the piston and put some oil on it.

If the leak will not go away when the gun is shooting at 280-300fps, then you need a new piston assembly.

jaredborne
04-03-2005, 09:33 AM
I just wasted a whole tank of air in mine. It was leaking like mad out the back of my gun

JRingold
04-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I am a new owner. I just got an RT and a classic today. I also have the same problem with my RT. How do i adjust the velocity??

Allen key in the back of the valve, usually. Depending on if you have a thumbscrew, tourney lock or nothing. I believe it's a 3/8", Counter-clockwise to lower velocity, clockwise to increase velocity. If it starts venting, it's too high. Be certian that you use a chronograph if you are adjusting it to ensure safe operating speed.

JRingold
04-03-2005, 05:58 PM
The velocity is set too high.