PDA

View Full Version : Leaking when holding trigger in.

alooney11
04-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I have the ULT, when i hold the trigger in I get a noticable leak. I replaced the small black oring and the urethane one that surrounds the top of the pin; still leaks. Note the gun does not leak when gassed up.

BlackVCG
04-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Is the leak faint or loud? Do you hear any leak at all when the trigger is not held back? If you pull and hold the trigger back for more than 20-30 seconds, does the leak fade away. If so, then this is completely normal and is a function of the low air chamber pressure leaking past the LX carrier o-ring. If not, then the issue lies elsewhere.

-Steve

alooney11
04-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Wow, yeah that is exactly what is happening, It is faint. Also i am running about 1000-1100 psi into the gun. Everything works perfect but that leak was just perplexing me. Thanks for the advice.

BlackVCG
04-02-2005, 10:53 PM
As long as it doesn't leak when you aren't holding the trigger back then it actually means you have a good LX o-ring fit. The deal is, you have the o-ring fit right at the point that it will seal with the higher pressure from normal operating pressure, but when you fire it, the low residual pressure will leak past the o-ring and then fade away as long as you're still holding the trigger back.

alooney11
04-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow that is music to my ears because i was considering buying the regular on/off in hopes of fixing it.