PDA

View Full Version : Pin holding preasure

Alert
04-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Recently, I was taking my mag apart to clean it when the pin shot out at me. Never have I seen it do this before so I found the pin and put it back into my gun, oiled and cleaned it.. then went to shoot it. It worked fine for the first shot but it didnt recock itself and spit air until the air was removed. I put the air on once more and the same thing happened. As I went back into the garage I found a brass piece with holes in all sides of it. I assume this also shot out and I missed it at the time. As I disassembled my gun I realized the pin that had previously shot out was poking upward. I assumed it was just stuck but I now believe it is holding preasure underneath there. What should I do to safely dissassemble this thing and are those the only two pieces that would have out or am I missing more pieces?

Thanks guys

alooney11
04-03-2005, 04:36 PM
You blew the whole on/off out. Depending on what gun you have x-valve, classic. Ult or stock. Find that information out and look at a schematic of your particular on/off on agd's website, determine if you have all the parts and how they go back together properly. Good luck.

JRingold
04-03-2005, 05:47 PM
You blew the whole on/off out. Depending on what gun you have x-valve, classic. Ult or stock. Find that information out and look at a schematic of your particular on/off on agd's website, determine if you have all the parts and how they go back together properly. Good luck.

Yup, you definately had the on/off come out. How did it "shoot" out, unless you have gas connected to the marker, it should not retain pressure. After you disconnect the air, you press the trigger, right?

Anyway, if it's the stock on/off, there is a pin, and a one piece brass housing, and a few o-rings.

Alert
04-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Its a stock classic valve. And yes, i did have the air disconnected but I may not have pulled the trigger. I'll try pulling the trigger a few times to see if I can at least get the gun apart so i can put the brass piece back in... hopefully i didnt loose o rings.

***Edit***Update***
I tried pulling the trigger without even attaching air to see if the on off pin would go down to where I could take the gun apart. Even with the trigger pushed back to the frame the pin did not push back down, therefore I cannot and would not take the gun apart again knowing there is preasure inside of the on/off. How can I release the preasure (i assume thats why the pin is stuck up) that is inside of the gun so I may put the brass piece back in?

JRingold
04-03-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm confused. Is the marker together or apart? Do you have all of tha parts?

After the pin was removed, were you avle to take the valve out, or is it stuck?

Alert
04-03-2005, 10:23 PM
I can put the gun together, and I can seperate the body from the frame but cant get the internals out because the pin holds them in due to it pushing outward. I can not take the internals out of the body.

I have the brass piece and the on off pin. I do not know until i get the gun apart if I have all the o rings in there.

Therefore (as I cant pull the internals away from the body since the pin is pushing outward) I cant get to where I could possibly pull the pin out.

Alpha
04-03-2005, 10:32 PM
This happened to me once (on an xvalve) and I think all I did was gas it back up, fire it a few times, and it was all set when I took it apart.

You can try taking the trigger frame off, and holding on to the rail and body. Aim teh gun upwards and place the butt of the valve flat on teh ground, and hit the sear by hand. It will probably half-cycle and vent some gas.. Just somethign to try. The way a mag works in my head it should work.

I've also heard of people just letting it sit fo a litle while and the pressure leaks out itsself.

Alert
04-03-2005, 10:55 PM
This happened to me once (on an xvalve) and I think all I did was gas it back up, fire it a few times, and it was all set when I took it apart.

You can try taking the trigger frame off, and holding on to the rail and body. Aim teh gun upwards and place the butt of the valve flat on teh ground, and hit the sear by hand. It will probably half-cycle and vent some gas.. Just somethign to try. The way a mag works in my head it should work.

I've also heard of people just letting it sit fo a litle while and the pressure leaks out itsself.

I tried airing it up and firing it but after firing once the gun vents air until the air is disconnected at which point you can hear it do something (recock i think). Then, you cant fire it until the air is put on again and the events repeat themselves. I tried letting the gun sit for 12-18 hours and it was still stuck, is it possible something else is causing the valve to stick? (I still havent been able to get it apart to put the brass piece back in the gun from the first time it blew apart).

wanna-b-ballin'
04-03-2005, 11:04 PM
almost the same thing happened to me. except i didn't know i was missing the brass piece until i got to AO norcal vs. socal. great timeing.
well, since the on/off is stuck in there, assuming that its flush with the valve, like mine was, try giveing it a good hard whack on your knee or a table or something. mine came out when i did that.
luckily carbon lent me the brass piece so i could play.

there should be a o-ring with a small teflon o-ring inside the valve. the smaller one in the center of the bigger one. then the brass piece on top of that, then the on/off body and pin.

JRingold
04-03-2005, 11:14 PM
OK. Put the valve back in. With no air attached. Pull the trigger all the way, which should remove all of the pressure in the valve. Leave the field strip screw in, take the trigger frame, body screw out off. Then you should be able to remove the field strip screw and the frame, rail and body should all come apart. The valve and the body should be able to be separated. Be sure you are in a safe place, wear your goggles, just in case and I would recommend some mechanics gloves, just for good measure.

Alert
04-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Im not sure you guys understand, I can remove the rail and body from each other but I cannot remove the internals from the body. This is because the pin from the on off valve is sticking out through a hole in the body. If you still dont understand i can take pictures tommorow afternoon my time. PST

I can't get to the valve at all at this time.

Thanks!

AnthonyDStone
04-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Take the body off the rail and push the on off pin manually,if you can use the field strip screw to push it through the field strip screw hole,if not go to the first thing I mentioned,otherwise just take it to your local shop and they will know what to do!

Good Luck!

Tony

Alert
04-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Alright, I got the body off of the internals. Now, the on off valve is stuck in them without the brass piece behind it. How do I go about getting the valve to stick out (so that i can pull it out) without putting the gun back together and airing the gun up? I tried hitting it on my knee but inertia didnt pull it out.

Thanks!

JRingold
04-04-2005, 06:44 PM
A picture might be helpful...

If the pin is stuck, you should be able to grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers. Most likely the on/off pin is bent. Mine is usually pretty tight as it is held in by O-Rings. When I swapped out to put in the ULE Trigger kit, I had to use a needle nose to grab the pin and pull it out.

Picture would be helpful so we can be certain we know what you are trying to do. The pin should be able to either push back in, or be pulled out of the hole it is in currently. Thus it should allow you to release the valve from the body.

Alert
04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Here is a picture with the object that I cant get out (its flush). Sorry aobut the picture quality, We got a new camera that i dont know how to use.

warbeak2099
04-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Fingernails. Use em to pry it out. If that doesn't work, take a flathead screwdriver and pry it out with that.

JRingold
04-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Woah, I guess I wasn't expecting a Classic valve... If it's just the pin, use a needle nose, If it's the entire On/Off, you will have to use a tool, described above, it should be held in by an O-Ring, if I remember correctly.

Alert
04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I got the valve out.

Inside my gun I have one o-ring intact. I have another o-ring on the valve (also intact). I have a broken white piece and the brass piece.

I think I have everything except the white piece. Below are links that I think might have it- any help is appreciated :) Is that all I would need to reassemble it properly?

fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=33&categoryID=18[/url]
Or the kit which would likely include it:
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=7&categoryID=16

JRingold
04-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Not knowing what the problem was, I would almost recommend one of these...

On/Off Assembly (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=202&categoryID=18)

That way you have all of the pieces that may have been lost