PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the shipping... grrr

Ground_zer0
11-21-2001, 12:01 AM
OK, lets try this again. I had my whole post written out, hit submit and my browser crashed.

I sent out my micromag body, vert adapter, and brand new intelliframe (all striped down) to Redrider for powdercoating a week or so ago. I watched it traveling allong with the online ups tracking. It supposedly arrived and was delivered to him last friday. I emailed Redrider and he responded and told me he didn't get it yet. Right now I'm really depressed over the whole issue. I need to look into it more, but I get to face the very real possibility that I'm out (most of) a gun. Thank god I chose to get the $300 insurance on it. Now I get to worry about if Redrider will get it or if I have to fight it out to collect insurance or be out off all my stuff. Aggghhh. What a wonderful thanksgiving. -Matt

ThePatriot
11-21-2001, 12:08 AM
lets say UPS did lose it....or the mail service, threaten to sue them if its not recovered, be like its an original worth alot of money, that always works

deded
11-21-2001, 02:33 AM
Be sure they know you mean business...

Some stuff was supposed to be sent to me, but I don't have the tracking ID yet. So I wrote them a super long email about who it was from, the tracking ID of the other box it was supposed to be shipped with, etc. etc. and this is the email they gave me.

Dear USPS Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, without a Delivery Confirmation,
or Express Mail number, we will not be able to provide any information in
regards to your mail items.

Thank you.

USPS Internet Customer Care Center

He better get me that tracking ID soon, or it looks like I'm screwed.

Anarkist
11-21-2001, 10:04 AM
That sucks man.. im sorry

UPS has alot of PR problems. All they will do is bull**** you if you try to tell them that they lost it, and they will blame YOU for the problem.. like you lost the package..
:confused:

Ground_zer0
11-21-2001, 11:18 AM
Ok, my life is once more complete. Redrider emailed me. He found it. It was delivered and put in the wrong place. Everything is happy and in the very near future I will have a nice beautiful mag to finally show off to everyone.

-Matt

StevoC
11-21-2001, 11:21 AM
Even once it's returned, it may take a while for you to get it. I bought something from a paintball store in Michigan on Nov. 7th and didn't receive it until Monday of this week (Nov. 19th). It was sent 2-3 day priority mail and took over two weeks. Mail is slow now due to the recent mailing anthrax problems.

MajorDamage
11-21-2001, 04:06 PM
So what are you saying? My supply of anthrax may be delievered late? <B>THATS UNACCEPTABLE!</B> :D

ENDO!

DrEvil
11-21-2001, 10:34 PM
I work for UPS, I have for 12 years, not many things actually get "lost". sometimes they do get what we call "mis-sorted" which is basically put on the wrong trailer going to the wrong place. It happens. But the packages are almost always found and deliverd sometimes a day or two late. I work at the 4th largest one in the world and we handle probably 600,000 - 700,000 packages a day going everywhere. Thats just my building. If you did the tracking and it showed it delivered then that means it was signed for. But you definately need to call UPS (if you used us that is) and ask about it. I dont have that number handy since Im at home now but try UPS.com for any info. You can also PM me and I can try to help you. Ive been there awhile so I know the ins and outs of the system and I can probably get you on the right track. You might also try checkin again with redrider sometimes things get delivered and kinda lost in the pile. let me know if I can help.

OOOOOOOOPS I didnt read the entire Thread. basically I missed the part where you found it. Oh well. Glad its accounted for. See, we (UPS) arent all that bad.

tranman
11-21-2001, 10:45 PM
i noticed that you said UPS in your first post and then in your email reply it said USPS, does that have anything to do with anything? Maybe you mixed the two up and tried to track a UPS package with USPS?

Puddleglum
11-24-2001, 03:54 PM
Man, I just sent my body to Redrider. I sure hope it gets there, I love it to death. I shipped USPS though.