PDA

View Full Version : VL Envy

jewie27
04-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Who here has tried/own one of these new loaders? What can you say about it? VL Envy (http://www.viewloader.com/product.asp?item_num=329&fam=Electronic+Loaders)

ShadowNife
04-04-2005, 01:23 AM
from that page it looks like a qloader wannabe..

get the qloader over that for sure :headbang:

Twiek
04-04-2005, 01:32 AM
This one's actually been on the books for a long while now. I haven't seen any in stores yet, either.

It's still a "gravity" feed hopper (i.e. goes on top of your marker). It's a cartridge system like the Q-loader... but that's pretty much the only similarity. It's more like JT's speed-pod system.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more cartridge type loaders in the near future.

Jack & Coke
04-04-2005, 02:06 AM
from: http://www.viewloader.com/product.asp?item_num=329&fam=Electronic+Loaders

http://www.viewloader.com/images/interior_images/product/be_vl_0329.jpg

The all new VL Envy™ N'Game adjustable capacity force feed system is a loader and a pod system all in one. The VL Envy™ N'Game system comes complete with a VL Envy™ N'Gine force feed system and a 140 count VL Envy™ Quick Clip. The VL Envy™ features a feed rate of up to 21 balls per second( :rofl: ), adjustable capacity of VL Envy™ Quick clip systems with spring loaded lids. The lids open instantly as the pod is loaded directly onto the VL Envy™ N'Gine for quick and easy profile changes during live game situations. A new flexible multi-blade propeller and a light weight extreme impact resistant polymer for unmatched durability and performance are additional features. The VL Envy™ is available in Black Onyx and Diamond Clear. Additional VL Envy™ Quick Clip systems are available in 100 count and 140 count Diamond Clear.

http://www.viewloader.com/images/interior_images/0328_insert1.jpg

- Jam-free ball force feed system with a feed rate of up to 21 balls per second. Includes new flexible multi-blade propeller and instant reloadable multi capacity VL Envy Quick Clips.

http://www.viewloader.com/images/interior_images/0328_insert2.jpg http://www.viewloader.com/images/interior_images/0328_insert3.jpg

- VL Envy Quick Clips for instant adjustable capacity during the game. Comes in 100 count and 140 count capacity. Spring loaded lids open instantly as the pod is loaded directly onto the Envy N'Gine. No more spilled paintballs or time wasted filling your loader. VL Envy Quick Clips can be carried in any standard harness and can be instantly replaced with various sizes as the game progresses.

- Most flexible capacity, lowest profiled and lightest force feed loader system on the market. Engineered with light weight extreme impact resistant polymer for unmatched durability and performance.

Vex
04-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Why would you put one of those on top of your marker??? :confused:
Do you want to make yourself MORE of a target? DUH! :eek:

Lurker27
04-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Same problem as the Qloader.

You can't reload until the pod is empty. No flexibilty.

There's a solution to clean that problem up with the qloader, but I can't think of it's analog for the envy.

RRfireblade
04-04-2005, 09:25 AM
It's still not ready yet. Needs a few more revisions and to get the max feedrate up to what VL would like to advertise it at.

It's a not a top priority right this minute so I wouldn't expect it to soon.

Lohman446
04-04-2005, 09:45 AM
- Most flexible capacity, lowest profiled and lightest force feed loader system on the market.

Shenanigans

Lowest compared to which loader exactly?

RRfireblade
04-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Shenanigans

Lowest compared to which loader exactly?

Got to have goals, right? :D

Wait til it hits the market....than trash it. ;)

Lohman446
04-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Got to have goals, right? :D

Wait til it hits the market....than trash it. ;)

I look at that thing and I see some advantages. Fastest, ok thats an engineering standpoint, could get there. Lightest - meh, ok still engineering, could get there. Lowest profile. Now I am no expert but I am guessing that pod has to be in there on an angle... and it should have a serious profile... well maybe not drastic horrible, but surely not the smallest? To me.. preach to the things strenghts - "quickest on the fly reload" type thing... great. Smallest profile is taking a LONG step out on a small branch :D .

jewie27
04-04-2005, 01:17 PM
To me it's a lighter weight HALO that feeds a bit slower. It's a force feed hopper with something like a JT Speed collar feature. You just insert the pod into the loader to reload it. So I would say it's not really anything like a Q-Loader.

HALO with Speedcollar feature.......

JoshK
04-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I look at that thing and I see some advantages. Fastest, ok thats an engineering standpoint, could get there. Lightest - meh, ok still engineering, could get there. Lowest profile. Now I am no expert but I am guessing that pod has to be in there on an angle... and it should have a serious profile... well maybe not drastic horrible, but surely not the smallest? To me.. preach to the things strenghts - "quickest on the fly reload" type thing... great. Smallest profile is taking a LONG step out on a small branch :D .

That page has been up for like a year...of course alot of the things they advertised are no longer going to be true. That's like ripping on a add that advertised a splatmaster (or whatever that first semi auto was) to be the most high tech/fastest marker on the market.

TheTramp
04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Personaly, I like the idea. Of course I'd only get it if it was feeding a force feed system like the Halo but it's a good idea none-the-less.

jewie27
04-04-2005, 04:12 PM
HALOs are heavy. Too many friggin batteries in that thing....

tony3
04-04-2005, 04:18 PM
If a halo is too heavy for you, get a double 9v mod thing.

nt2004
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
If a halo is too heavy for you, get a double 9v mod thing.
yeah it took me and some friends about 10 mins to make 3 of them and they take alot of weight out of the halo

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
or get one of those rechargeble batt packs, I think ive played about 3times now without recharging it and its still going just as strong as ever. plus its 1/4lb lighter than 6AA's

Codekevin0403
04-04-2005, 06:01 PM
You know, i saw a "turbo" pack for the Halo B somewhere on a pop-up website, i can't remember what it was, but it was 12 volts. Anyways, my thoughts on the envy-i don't really think that it feeds 21 bps, and the profile is kinda big so you'd probably get a lot of hopper hits. If it was up to me, i'd definetly go with the qloader since it's been PROVEN to feed up to 31bps or higher, plus it looks cooler and you can put it alot of places, with the custom mounting thingy-ma-jig.

ShadowNife
04-04-2005, 06:34 PM
To me it's a lighter weight HALO that feeds a bit slower. It's a force feed hopper with something like a JT Speed collar feature. You just insert the pod into the loader to reload it. So I would say it's not really anything like a Q-Loader.

HALO with Speedcollar feature.......

how is that not like a qloader... :tard:

Q-Loaders are pod based, and you just shove a pod into a socket to reload. The Qloader is just better in that it can be stuck anywhere on the marker, doesnt need batteries, and feeds at 31+ bps. =D Only advantage this has over the qloaders are the 140 ball capacity.

Q-Loader Pride

TheTramp
04-04-2005, 07:47 PM

Wow. I guess I must have really big arms. :eek:

Reloader B's only got 4 if you're having trouble lifting your marker. ;)

warbeak2099
04-04-2005, 08:24 PM
It's not even a HALO. It's a clip based Eggo. It has that quasi forcefeed system. It's really not totally forcefeed. I can never understand how they justify saying forcefeed. It just uses impellers like any gravity feeder.

B.A.M.
04-04-2005, 08:29 PM
I suggest you start hitting the weights. I hate when people complain a paintball gun, hopper.. is heavy. If it is to heavey then start lifting weights

Big Weapons
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I hate it when people tell other people to "go work out" because they feel their guns are heavy. Weight is sometimes an issue, especially if you snapshoot frequently. You want to be able to retreat your gun behind the bunker as quickly as possible, and a heavy hopper doesn't help with that.

Twiek
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
You can't reload until the pod is empty. No flexibilty.

How is that really any different than (many) of the loaders out there that can only hold like 10 balls more than a pod?

jewie27
04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
It's not even a HALO. It's a clip based Eggo. It has that quasi forcefeed system. It's really not totally forcefeed. I can never understand how they justify saying forcefeed. It just uses impellers like any gravity feeder.

If you say it's gravity, then explain to me why the feed neck isn't DIRECTLY below the impeller blades????

If it was gravity, the paintballs would have to fall straight down. Since the paint has to travel foward towards the hole in the neck, it's force fed.

Same idea as the HALO.

Look at the picture of the impeller in relation to the feed neck.

jewie27
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Why would you say that you can't reload your hopper until the pod is empty? It looks like you can just pull the pod out anytime you want.

gc82000
04-05-2005, 02:10 AM
I am still waiting for the Tripod to come out. Then you would see some carzy back man with a 2 foot high gun.

Physco
04-05-2005, 04:10 AM
"Includes new flexible multi-blade propeller "

i dunno...if it feeds 21 Bps. has the word PROPELLER.... and it cant be all that felxible if it has to feed that paint fast. Sounds like a Blender. :dance:

TheTramp
04-05-2005, 09:03 AM
I hate it when people tell other people to "go work out" because they feel their guns are heavy. Weight is sometimes an issue, especially if you snapshoot frequently. You want to be able to retreat your gun behind the bunker as quickly as possible, and a heavy hopper doesn't help with that.

The extra weight of the halo is nothing compaired to it's extra speed. That's why people say you should work out if it's too heavy for you.

If you feel that the extra bps isn't worth moving 2-4 extra ounces behind your bunker then go with the Revy or something lighter I guess.

jewie27
04-06-2005, 04:31 AM
The extra weight of the halo is nothing compaired to it's extra speed. That's why people say you should work out if it's too heavy for you.

If you feel that the extra bps isn't worth moving 2-4 extra ounces behind your bunker then go with the Revy or something lighter I guess.

Ricochet Apache is the best of both worlds. With the new 2005 motor upgrade, my Apache puts out 20 bps and is a half pound lighter than a HALo. Also a quarter pound lighter thana Evolution II. It's also the only motorized loader on the market that can be used as a standard gravity fed hopper if the batteries die, or board blows out. You don't need some nonsense product like the Rip-Drive, you just shake it.

B.A.M.
04-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Ricochet Apache is the best of both worlds. With the new 2005 motor upgrade, my Apache puts out 20 bps and is a half pound lighter than a HALo. Also a quarter pound lighter thana HALO. It's also the only motorized loader on the market that can be used as a standard gravity fed hopper if the batteries die, or board blows out. You don't need some nonsense product like the Rip-Drive, you just shake it.
Im pretty sure that if you have a good hopper you'll have a good gun so if you use the apache gravity hopper it'll be more trouble than its worth.

TheTramp
04-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Ricochet Apache is the best of both worlds. With the new 2005 motor upgrade, my Apache puts out 20 bps and is a half pound lighter than a HALo. Also a quarter pound lighter thana HALO. It's also the only motorized loader on the market that can be used as a standard gravity fed hopper if the batteries die, or board blows out. You don't need some nonsense product like the Rip-Drive, you just shake it.

1) After reading the test results on Warpig that show the Apache only doing 16.1 bps in a free fall test (let alone the slower on gun tests) I have to put the 20bps into the I'll believe it if, and only if, I see it.

2) Is it a half a pound lighter or quarter pound lighter. You say both.

3) As I said above, I'll take the speed over a little weight loss any day.

4) The rip drive gives you 5-10 balls of force feed paint. Much better IMHO than VL200 style.

With all of that said, I do use my Reloader 2 frequently dispite the fact that it feeds 14bps at best. Light, fast enough for non cheating fingers, and it's pretty cheap.

jewie27
04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
1) After reading the test results on Warpig that show the Apache only doing 16.1 bps in a free fall test (let alone the slower on gun tests) I have to put the 20bps into the I'll believe it if, and only if, I see it.

2) Is it a half a pound lighter or quarter pound lighter. You say both.

3) As I said above, I'll take the speed over a little weight loss any day.

4) The rip drive gives you 5-10 balls of force feed paint. Much better IMHO than VL200 style.

With all of that said, I do use my Reloader 2 frequently dispite the fact that it feeds 14bps at best. Light, fast enough for non cheating fingers, and it's pretty cheap.

Quarter pound lighter than a EVOLUTION II, sorry I made a Typo and wasn't paying attention.

jewie27
04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
The test on Warpig was done LAST YEAR, on the older style paddle/motor. The new $10 upgrade from Ricochet gives you a stronger motor and stiffer paddle assembly. It increases the Feed rate up to 20 bps.

jewie27
04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
I suggest you start hitting the weights. I hate when people complain a paintball gun, hopper.. is heavy. If it is to heavey then start lifting weights

I'll never work out. I don't care. I just play.

Chris42050
04-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Ricochet Apache is the best of both worlds. With the new 2005 motor upgrade, my Apache puts out 20 bps and is a half pound lighter than a HALo. Also a quarter pound lighter thana Evolution II. It's also the only motorized loader on the market that can be used as a standard gravity fed hopper if the batteries die, or board blows out. You don't need some nonsense product like the Rip-Drive, you just shake it.
Not to pick on you but reloader's (the sound activated revvy) still feeds when the batteries die.

tony3
04-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd love to see a gun set full auto 20 bps with an apache and see if it keeps up, I doubt it could since it isnt a true force feed loader, just a glorified rico 2k.

gc82000
04-06-2005, 06:12 PM
All this arguing about someone's opinion. :rolleyes:

Codekevin0403
04-06-2005, 06:38 PM
nobody's even on topic anymore...

and anyways, what's wrong with an apache?
It doesn't have to keep up with the halos's, but hey, if you outshoot it, then buy a halo, if you don't, then buy the apache, since it's a nice loader. jeez

jewie27
04-07-2005, 02:21 AM
Not to pick on you but reloader's (the sound activated revvy) still feeds when the batteries die.

You are not picking on me. You may be pointing out something I never heard of. As far as I know, pretty much all motorized loaders except Ricochet, can jam when the motor stops spinning.

jewie27
04-07-2005, 02:26 AM
I'd love to see a gun set full auto 20 bps with an apache and see if it keeps up, I doubt it could since it isnt a true force feed loader, just a glorified rico 2k.

Not glorified at all... It does what it says it does. The difference is the catch cup that's not in the 2K models. The cup prevents paintballs from being hit to the sides of the hopper by the paddles. It keeps the paint in the center of the loader so it can travel faster.

Anyways, I got to this topic because someone was talking about HALOs. I said HALOs are heavy. I'd say for over 80% of paintballers out there can't hit 30 bps or more on their markers.
So a HALO is just plain overkill. I'd pay you 100 bucks for anyone that can even get close to 30 bps on semi-auto no bounce. I bet no one can even consistently hit 20 bps ( or get a long string at that speed).

ultralight
04-07-2005, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE=Lurker27]Same problem as the Qloader.

You can't reload until the pod is empty. No flexibilty.QUOTE]

you just throw in a new, full pod. and discard the old 1/4 full one.

it just means that those guys who carry a case on their backs will finally get some use out of those ridiculous 6+8 and 5+4+2 harnesses.

personally, i like the idea of a "magazine" based system. i think that VL's latest entry is far from perfect but, nonetheless, a step in the right direction.

Glickman
04-07-2005, 03:21 AM
yep atleast its a step

i think it just should be re-arranged cometically

be really nice if the caps for the pods are cheap (q-pods are redicuously priced)

billmi
04-07-2005, 11:09 AM
The test on Warpig was done LAST YEAR, on the older style paddle/motor. The new $10 upgrade from Ricochet gives you a stronger motor and stiffer paddle assembly. It increases the Feed rate up to 20 bps.

I've tested both the origial Apache, and the upgraded motor and new paddle assembly:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/apache_update/

TheTramp
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I read that artical and I believe saying it feeds around 13-14bps is fair and is giving it the benifit of the doubt (8.67 balls out of 10 feed at 14bps)

I just felt that it wasn't worth arguing with someone who's inststing that it feeds at 20bps.