PDA

View Full Version : SmartParts the Nazis of Paintball?

yingyang
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Over the last year I heard people make refrence to SP as the nazis of paintball. I dont love them or hate them, they sued recent companies, but so did WGP with ANS guns just because they wouldnt buy the autococker bodys. I just dont see why so many people hate SP especially since the Ion came out, SP is the target of hatin players. I dont see why they are hated, they came out with AA barrels, their line of guns( they created the electro the impulse that is equal to the 98 of mech guns) their guns might not be the best but they are good no doubt that. Just because they got to where they are with a bit of mud slinging, it doesnt mean they should be boycoted because all companies just dont sit back and get beat up they fight back and sue.

Chronobreak
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Over the last year I heard people make refrence to SP as the nazis of paintball. I dont love them or hate them, they sued recent companies, but so did WGP with ANS guns just because they wouldnt buy the autococker bodys. I just dont see why so many people hate SP espically since the Ion came out, SP is the target of hatin players. I dont see why they are hated, they came out with AA barrels, their line of guns( they created the electro the impulse that is equal to the 98 of mech guns) their guns might not be the best but they are good no dought that. Just because they got to where they are with a bit of mud slinging, it doesnt mean they should be boycoted because all companies just dont sit back and get beat up they fight back and sue.

this topic has been disgused to deathe here MANY times.

i personaly dislike SP for the hype(as well as some other companies)

also theyr producst that did nothing such as magic box

also theyr lack of quality control and quality products i guess thers not much reason to ahte them :rolleyes:

oh and the lwasuits diddnt make me too fond of them either.

i buy products from companies i like/support and sp just sint one of them...but to eaches own :cheers:

quik
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
People who call SP nazi's are idiots in the paintball world, and need to go back to thinking that a longer barrel means better accuracy.

CrimsonGhost
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh Great googliemooglie NOT AGAIN!!! :eek:

tyrion2323
04-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Anybody who says that Smart Parts are "nazis" has NO concept of who/what the Nazis were, and is extremely offensive.

TheTramp
04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes, Smart Parts systematically murdered millions of people with factory like methods that would make Henry Ford proud. :rolleyes:

Do we really need to do this again?

Lohman446
04-04-2005, 02:54 PM
I saw it in another thread.. and it was humorous there.

Curse those evil, yet oh so business smart, Nazis...

Comparing a marketing system in a capitalistic culture controlled by a court enforced patent system and various intellectual property laws to the atrocities of the Nazi third reich is demeaning. To those who suffered at the hands of the Nazi regime and to anyone who makes the argument. There is no basis for the argument.

Now, does that mean you cannot disagree with what SP is doing? Not at all. Make well articulated, reasonable disagreements and comparisons and use those for discussion. I don't ultimately care what your reasons for not buying a product that I'm not selling are. There your reasons to have. Thats not the right statement, because I do care, I like to get to know about people and markets. But whatever your reasons are, they are not mine to evaluate for "correctness". I've started my own mini-campaign as of late, everytime someone compares SP to Nazis I ask them for justification - I have never gotten a reasonable, articulated response to my question.

TheTramp
04-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Now, does that mean you cannot disagree with what SP is doing? Not at all.

As much as I don't like to only write this, here it goes: QFT!

Kevmaster
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
People who call SP nazi's are idiots in the paintball world, and need to go back to thinking that a longer barrel means better accuracy.

so true

tony3
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Calling SP nazis just makes me laugh and makes you look stupid.

SCpoloRicker
04-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law) surrenders.

fire1811
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
man this is really getting old

kurama
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
When you look at it, SP are the opposite of Nazi's. They're more of capitalists than anything.

The thing which people don't realize much is that personal lives and business is seperate. My dad's 12 hair salons were put out of business by very sleasy moves in the same way SP put markers out of production, and he held no grudge. He still plays golf with the guy to this day... SP does their lawsuits as a business move, to get ahead. Pro paintball isn't much different. Most pro teams are ruthless and bend the rules to get to where they are by ramping, wiping, or plain covering up for a broken rule. Personally, I hold no grudge against Smart Parts, although I don't much care for their shockers or ION's. The impulse and shoebox shocker lines were great markers though, IMHO. The nerve would have been also if they made it more affordable. I agree with Lohman here, though. I haven't gotten an answer either. With the ION's becoming more popular, it seems like the anti-smart parts movement is slowing way down though.

But yeah, this topic has been beaten to death many times.

Codekevin0403
04-04-2005, 06:37 PM
What's with all the sp haters? They make some nice products, that's all that really matters. Unless you actually work for the companies that have gotten sued, it ain't going to effect you, and i have to say that the shocker is one of the best guns i've ever used. So stop hating and get over it please

Lohman446
04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
What's with all the sp haters? They make some nice products, that's all that really matters. Unless you actually work for the companies that have gotten sued, it ain't going to effect you, and i have to say that the shocker is one of the best guns i've ever used. So stop hating and get over it please

What hate? I haven't seen much in this thread

SAW
04-04-2005, 07:40 PM
chuckle

MarkM
04-04-2005, 07:53 PM

Good find...especially if you read it all.

Over the last year I heard people make refrence to SP as the nazis of paintball. I dont love them or hate them, they sued recent companies, but so did WGP with ANS guns just because they wouldnt buy the autococker bodys. I just dont see why so many people hate SP especially since the Ion came out, SP is the target of hatin players. I dont see why they are hated, they came out with AA barrels, their line of guns( they created the electro the impulse that is equal to the 98 of mech guns) their guns might not be the best but they are good no doubt that. Just because they got to where they are with a bit of mud slinging, it doesnt mean they should be boycoted because all companies just dont sit back and get beat up they fight back and sue.

This subject has been done to death, plenty of info on here if the search facilty is used without having to start a new thread...or bump an old one ;) Just read and then you will get all the answers to your questions...if you agree with the comments made is up to you to decide so that all said.......Thread closed