PDA

View Full Version : New air tank from Poland???

bushmasterm16a2
04-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I was at the bookstore yesterday and picked up a paintball magazine, forgot which one, and it had a little article about a new composite bottle from a Polish company that claimed to be the lightest bottle to date. Did anybody else read that?

LudavicoSoldier
04-04-2005, 06:40 PM
I saw that somewhere on one of the boards. I dunno if Euro spec bottles are legal here in the US. I know US bottles arent legal in most of Europe.

Steelrat
04-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I'll avoid bottles from third-world countries for now. I choose life.

Adrenaline_Junkie
04-04-2005, 07:02 PM

:rofl: Friggin Hillarious Man, Friggin Hillarious :rofl:

SAW
04-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh, come on. The communist specs weren't that bad.

thorn
04-04-2005, 07:37 PM
haha, you guys are funny.

yakitori
04-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Poland is not a third world country. I dont know many of those that exist in Europe. Europe is a one of the wealthiest countries and is much older than US. I dont see any humor in insulting them. You are contributing to the prepetual ingorant american stereotype. Please dont contribute to ignorance. :nono:

But, no, I would not buy a bottle from overseas. Why would you just to save a bit of weight. Thats a bad decision.

SAW
04-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Poland is not a third world country. I dont know many of those that exist in Europe. Europe is a one of the wealthiest countries and is much older than US. I dont see any humor in insulting them. :nono:

But, no, I would not buy a bottle from overseas. Why would you just to save a bit of weight. Thats a bad decision.
Europe's a country?

yakitori
04-04-2005, 07:43 PM
excuse me, a unity. Let me ask where your ancestors came from?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
04-04-2005, 07:51 PM
America...

LudavicoSoldier
04-04-2005, 07:52 PM

Poland + Germany = self loathing j/k :shooting:

danheneise
04-04-2005, 07:59 PM
America...

Your native american then?

SAW
He's American.

Steelrat
Poland is not a third world country. I dont know many of those that exist in Europe. Europe is a one of the wealthiest countries and is much older than US. I dont see any humor in insulting them. You are contributing to the prepetual ingorant american stereotype. Please dont contribute to ignorance. :nono:

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Have you tried new batteries?

The old "Iron Curtain" contains a lot of countries that are economically and socially challenged. I hate to be so non-PC, but thats the way it is. They are working at it, but I think ill avoid buying something that is pressurized to 4500 psi and placed inches from my face from anyplace other than the US or MAJOR European countries.

And perpetuting the American stereotype, are you kidding me? Bashing America seems to be the continental pastime over there in Europe lately. As far as I am concerned, its open season.

-=Squid=-
04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, this thread sucks.

MarkM
04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
The bottles are being made the the new Euopean specs which means a PI label the test procedures for PI stamped bottle in some respects exceeds the DOT standard just as in some aspects the DOT stamp exceeds the PI label.

Legal in the US? nope not unless you are a visiting european player...unfortunately Europe officially doesn't extend the same courtesy to DOT bottles even if you are an visting american national...note "officially" ;)

As for bashing the US...every country can be bashed it is small minded individuals that do it to whichever country you would like to name.
The most annoying thing is visting nationals whining about how they can't get whatever it is in their own country...I will admit I avoid chocolate when I am in the US as I don't like the taste compared to my own countrys but then a great many other things are better than my home...or can't be got here.
You have to eat the local food or do as the locals do to be polite. I don't actively seek out english chippys when I go to Spain or wherever. I try and eat the local food, if I want that food well I could stay at home and that kinda defeats the idea of travelling.
Many years ago I went to France to visit Euro Disney, as it was named then, one of the people who came with the group worked for Burger King and despite being in France (noted as one of the best countrys for food) all he wanted to do was find a McDonalds...pathetic...I went out for a meal with my girlfirend and had a meal in a nice restaraunt, totally screwed up and got all the wrong food (waiters didn't speak any english and my french is pretty rusty) but that was half the fun...at least I got the steak bit correct it was the veggies I got wrong.
Something that is being touched on (well flames are brewing) is the subject of origin....in the US alone people say they are African American, Irish American etc etc...people for all countries other that the US else will say they are Swedish, English whatever...so unless you have just landed from whichever country, you are American nothing else...you may well have ancestors not from the US but YOU are American. This may be PC it may not but it is a statement of what is not what you would like it to be.

NukeGoose
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
This may be something that I've heard a few rumors about, though I heard that it was Crossfire that was coming out with the new bottles. I've heard from a few people that a new plastic composite tank is in the works that's lighter than anything on the market, with a 45/4500 tank weighing in under a pound.

FireITup14
04-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Viva poland!

Target Practice
04-04-2005, 11:05 PM
You know, I had a wonderful Polish joke lined up for this thread, but I figured it would be a bad idea.

So, who likes bike rides?

master_alexander
04-04-2005, 11:49 PM
american: fat stupid football player (told to me by german relatives) but then again germany is old and so s all of europe...

and a tank from europe is cool, but not worth he extra to save on weight.

Vex
04-04-2005, 11:51 PM
You know, I had a wonderful Polish joke lined up for this thread, but I figured it would be a bad idea.

Hahahahaha! Good one!

devildog
04-05-2005, 12:28 AM
although many countries in eastern europe are third world, poland is not one of them.

spacedtedybear
04-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I'll wait to see what these bottles are like before commenting on them. My flatline has a little less than 2 years left. Anything thats lighter but still functions as well as current tanks is very appealing.

As far as unity goes, the US is far older. If you were refering to the individual countries....
My ancestors were from China. Or if you want to go much further back, Africa.

Bashing America seems to be the continental pastime over there in Europe lately.
You have to read a French textbook sometime. You may not understand 99% of it, but there are usually words like imbéciles, impatient, stupides, and that follows the words " Les Américains sont......"

I will admit I avoid chocolate when I am in the US as I don't like the taste compared to my own countrys but then a great many other things are better than my home...or can't be got here.
That I have to agree for the most part. Some of the stuff they import here into the US may be pretty steep in price, but it's worth it.

gc82000
04-05-2005, 01:33 AM
A bottle from Poland huh. Is it made by them? :D :p

I would rather hae some Polish beer then a tank.

SAW
04-05-2005, 05:45 AM

Buhahah

yakitori
04-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Have you tried new batteries?

The old "Iron Curtain" contains a lot of countries that are economically and socially challenged. I hate to be so non-PC, but thats the way it is. They are working at it, but I think ill avoid buying something that is pressurized to 4500 psi and placed inches from my face from anyplace other than the US or MAJOR European countries.

And perpetuting the American stereotype, are you kidding me? Bashing America seems to be the continental pastime over there in Europe lately. As far as I am concerned, its open season.

I cant believe you have no idea what Im saying. You said you will not buy bottles from a thrid world country, and you choose life.

I said....Poland is not a third world country. and Ehehm, incase you havent noticed, the bottles are supposedly from poland.

If you have no idea what Im talking about then youre an idiot. And there is good reason for Americans being bashed by European countries. Internationally, American government is double standard.

As for America being an older unity, Ill have to see some evidence of that. If you want to consider the 13 colonies, then Im sure there is some older unity in Europe at that time. I will try to find some historical info about it.

The ppl you bash are the same ones your go to when you need support for war, and calling them a third world country doesnt help your cause.

At least be respectful.

KayleAGD
04-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I held one of the bottles this weekend. The bottles we use now have an aluminum liner wrapped in carbon fiber. The poland bolltes are solid fiber. There is a little weight difference. On the down side they are about 75.00 more. They are over a year away from getting any kind of DOT rating.

Steelrat
04-05-2005, 07:53 AM
I cant believe you have no idea what Im saying. You said you will not buy bottles from a thrid world country, and you choose life.

I said....Poland is not a third world country. and Ehehm, incase you havent noticed, the bottles are supposedly from poland.

If you have no idea what Im talking about then youre an idiot. And there is good reason for Americans being bashed by European countries. Internationally, American government is double standard.

As for America being an older unity, Ill have to see some evidence of that. If you want to consider the 13 colonies, then Im sure there is some older unity in Europe at that time. I will try to find some historical info about it.

The ppl you bash are the same ones your go to when you need support for war, and calling them a third world country doesnt help your cause.

At least be respectful.

I didn't ask anyone to support any war, thank you.

Poland may not technically be a third-world country, but I'm not about to buy an air tank from them, especially when manufacturing deficiencies in tanks can have serious consequences. And guess what? Thats completely up to me. Thank you, come again!

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 07:59 AM

I just had to point these out, even though they have been corrected. How is Europe older than America? Have some countries in Eurpose existed longer than the United States - sure they have, but the land has been here for the same time. I would argue that some of the countries in Eastern Europe exist in conditions that are only marginally better than the classic definition of third world. That being said, I don't think this bottle is a safety risk, I assume they have been hydro tested and are rated well below maximum capacity. As mentioned, as filling them in the US is questionable, I would not buy any bottle for use in the US that did not have a DOT number on it.

yakitori
04-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I just had to point these out, even though they have been corrected. How is Europe older than America? Have some countries in Eurpose existed longer than the United States - sure they have, but the land has been here for the same time. I would argue that some of the countries in Eastern Europe exist in conditions that are only marginally better than the classic definition of third world. That being said, I don't think this bottle is a safety risk, I assume they have been hydro tested and are rated well below maximum capacity. As mentioned, as filling them in the US is questionable, I would not buy any bottle for use in the US that did not have a DOT number on it.

wth, are you kidding? the land? America is not an establishment until it is settled and named as so. It was not called america during the ice age if that is what you are trying to say. And yes, Poland has a longer history than the US, so they are not a third world country. In fact far from it. And that is what Ive said three times, maybe more. Why do you keep bringing up some other small country that is beside the point, and is probably still not third world. Since there are some countries....care to name them for me?

TheDuelist
04-05-2005, 08:20 AM
We really need to get over ourselves. Polad is not a third world country. Their economy is doing well and by military standards they are known for having some of the best fighter pilots in the world. We're going to sit here and bash a country who has come to our aid and is considered a solid ally of the United States? The size of their contribution doesn't matter all I know is that while Germany and France have sat on the sideline and petitioned for a kinder, gentler war on terror Poland has been at our side supporting us and our fighting men and women. We fail to see as a people that we are all in this together. Theres no other "Earth" to run to when the crap hits the fan. We are fortunate for what we have and instead of taking a crap on someone else because we "think" we are better, why don't we look inside ourselves to see if that belief is true. Ignorance has gone a long way in getting us where we are at now. The question is do you want to be part of the problem, or part of the solution?

End of rant.

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
wth, are you kidding? the land? America is not an establishment until it is settled and named as so. It was not called america during the ice age if that is what you are trying to say. And yes, Poland has a longer history than the US, so they are not a third world country. In fact far from it. And that is what Ive said three times, maybe more. Why do you keep bringing up some other small country that is beside the point, and is probably still not third world. Since there are some countries....care to name them for me?

:) Poland is not a third world country - they have an advanced civilization, a culture, and technology that has improved greatly and is likely, in many areas as advanced as that in the US if not more so. I'll hand you that one, because it is true and it seems to be a point you feel I was dancing around.

Length of history has nothing to do with being third world to me... third world represents the conditions of society in any given place.

yakitori
04-05-2005, 08:29 AM
We really need to get over ourselves. Polad is not a third world country. Their economy is doing well and by military standards they are known for having some of the best fighter pilots in the world. We're going to sit here and bash a country who has come to our aid and is considered a solid ally of the United States? The size of their contribution doesn't matter all I know is that while Germany and France have sat on the sideline and petitioned for a kinder, gentler war on terror Poland has been at our side supporting us and our fighting men and women. We fail to see as a people that we are all in this together. Theres no other "Earth" to run to when the crap hits the fan. We are fortunate for what we have and instead of taking a crap on someone else because we "think" we are better, why don't we look inside ourselves to see if that belief is true. Ignorance has gone a long way in getting us where we are at now. The question is do you want to be part of the problem, or part of the solution?

End of rant.

Finally, someone who can contribute something intelligent. Sometimes it seems futile arguing w/ someone who cant even understand what I am trying to say. And ppl like that are part of the problem.

Thank you for your kind words theduelist :)

It upsets me that ppl like these other guys are part of the reason that we are stereotyped even though we dont share the same opinion. They just seem to be unashamed that they are biggots. And wonder why america catches criticism. :rolleyes:

yakitori
04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
:) Poland is not a third world country - they have an advanced civilization, a culture, and technology that has improved greatly and is likely, in many areas as advanced as that in the US if not more so. I'll hand you that one, because it is true and it seems to be a point you feel I was dancing around.

Length of history has nothing to do with being third world to me... third world represents the conditions of society in any given place.

I agree that length of history has nothing to do with being third world. Some can go from a great economy to third world because of war, or other economical circumstances usually spawning from the elite ppl in that country not taking care of thier ppl.

Steelrat
04-05-2005, 08:36 AM
:rolleyes:

yakitori
04-05-2005, 08:44 AM
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :tard:

Steelrat
04-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Man, you know I can't stand being at odds with a fellow AKA shooter. :cheers:

yakitori
04-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Man, you know I can't stand being at odds with a fellow AKA shooter. :cheers:

:p :cheers:

Jotsy
04-05-2005, 09:41 AM
ok so to summarize:
1) in the US, only use DOT tanks
2) Poland is NOT third world
3) land is old

but .. what about the tanks??? does anybody have any info about them? like when they're comin out and from what company? i myself am in UK so it'd be ok for me....

Gudmann
04-05-2005, 11:39 AM
They make all kinds of high tech tanks.

http://www.stako.pl/index.htm

Exclusive European distributor of Stako paintball tanks :
http://www.skill.com.pl/

Talk to :
Tomasz Matuszewski
mobile: +48 601 409 376
info@skill.com.pl

my best
Gudmann Bragi

Mr. Mouse
04-05-2005, 02:15 PM
its just a tank... no one asked for a history class :tard:

Steelrat
04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
its just a tank... no one asked for a history class :tard:

Yeah, well you got one anyways buddy, so get out the paper, grab a pen, and take a seat! ;)

bound for glory
04-05-2005, 02:44 PM
thats funny :rofl: a polish air tank. whats the rest of this joke? that it never holds air? :)

yakitori
04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
thats funny :rofl: a polish air tank. whats the rest of this joke? that it never holds air? :)

ya, and american tanks say they hold air but never get around to it. :rolleyes:

havent you read the thread at all.

And nobody gave a history class. Grow up.

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 03:24 PM
ya, and american tanks say they hold air but never get around to it. :rolleyes:

havent you read the thread at all.

And nobody gave a history class. Grow up.

Can I say nicely to relax... don't take things so seriously, sometimes we make jokes, it rolls pretty easy. :) :cheers:

yakitori
04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I am relaxed now. I have just come to realize that kind of ignorance is permanent, likely because thats how thier parents raised them. I just dont take light of ppl cracking ethnic, cultural jokes, because they are not funny. I guess I will just have to live w/ thier ignorance.

Im not mad, just trying to talk some sense into ppl. Its appearently not working. :bounce:
:cheers:

bound for glory
04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
dude, its a joke! i'm half polish. no offense meant. :cheers:

Lohman446
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
I am relaxed now. I have just come to realize that kind of ignorance is permanent, likely because thats how thier parents raised them. I just dont take light of ppl cracking ethnic, cultural jokes, because they are not funny. I guess I will just have to live w/ thier ignorance.

To look at someone elses point of view and insist it is ignorant is not conducive to discussion. Ocassionaly some jokes can be shared by all. Think of Missouri the "show me state" Historical rumor is it came from a group of people from Missouri being taugth to do something and not understanding, eventually someone said "there from Missouri, your going to have to show them". True or not? I don't know, but being anal about things does not help. Lets say someone says something degrading, and means it, there is no hint of jest then there is an issue.

But, to be nice, throwing a fit every time you see the word black/white/tan/American/Pole etc. is not going to help the problem. It makes people think of you as a fanataic and marganilizes your opinion.

:cheers:

ShadowNife
04-06-2005, 02:18 AM

1 ) If i remember correctly, the country of Poland disappeared twice in recent history, whereas the U.S. has not vanished and then come back. While i agree that it's not a third world nation, i don't think it's at the level industrially and economically to compete with the United States and Great Britain. True they may have the richest population, but I'm pretty sure the United States has more money ( the EU as a whole is now a competitor with the U.S. economically)

2 ) Europe was smacking each other up through and past WWII. It wasn't really a unity until the European Union. The United States technically was united since 1776, cept the Civil War. So either way, the U.S. has been a "unity" for longer.

3) We bash Europe, maybe a little too much on the French, but they do the same as everyone else stated. Mostly all in good fun :rofl:

4) My ancestors came from Taiwan <--- China <--- Africa(apparently).

5) Don't bash the Americans for their humor when the Europeans are doing the same thing to us haha :) It's not really ignorance on a large part, but more humor. Nothing to do with parentage when your just poking fun of say Irish drinking or the Asian small manhoods. It's all in good fun. You seem more stubborn in bashing Americans and asserting European supremacy (not the best word choice i know) than the people who were mere joking around. Bigots are the people who act on these jokes because they truly believe them. They're the people who actually treat you differently based on your race. Gotta distinguish between the two heh :)

6 ) that being said :cheers: Just wanted to point out some of the mistakes in your argument; that and the fact that the thread just went through a wild tangent.. :spit_take <--- weirdest smiley evar.

---
on -topic

I realy dont think spending an extra $75 on a tank just to be a new oz lighter is worth it. Unless its shaving half pounds off tank weight, it's not worth the cost and the trouble of shipping either.

drg
04-06-2005, 03:04 AM
From the Stako tank site:
http://www.stako.pl/object.php/act/shp/oid/6a786059125724336622a550aaf24ba2/lng/en

.75 kg=1.65 lb roughly. For comparison, Luxfer tanks weigh 2.2 lbs or 1kg for a 45/68 like this. Over a half pound savings, that's not insignificant by a long shot.

JoshK
04-06-2005, 01:43 PM
If you take money alone as being a status of thirdworld or not...then both definatly are not...racist jokes can be funny, and I would definatly say some about myself if I knew some...but I dont.

Back to the tank...it doesnt seem too appealing from what I read...even if it was available to me.

astroboy
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
In the words of a great poet(LOL!), "Can't we just all get along?"

Bigotry is a disease of the human race and is not exclusive to anyone... you'll get bigots everywhere you look, some of them brazen, some of them hidden... sometimes even when you look in the mirror...

ApexAZ
04-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry, I missed the war on terror...? When did that occur?

devildog
04-06-2005, 06:35 PM
1 ) If i remember correctly, the country of Poland disappeared twice in recent history, whereas the U.S. has not vanished and then come back. While i agree that it's not a third world nation, i don't think it's at the level industrially and economically to compete with the United States and Great Britain. True they may have the richest population, but I'm pretty sure the United States has more money ( the EU as a whole is now a competitor with the U.S. economically)

poland never completely dissapeared, they fought through it and stayed alive, after being backstabbed numerous times, in different wars. the reason the us hasnt dissapeared is because no war has been fought here to try and take it over. plus, the us is a few hundred years old, poland is a couple of thousand, im sure the us's time will come.

poland has been fighting for existance for a very very very long time, which is why polish people are some of the most loyal, patriotic people in the world.

and just so everyone is clear, poland is the biggest ally in the recent war on terror. all of southern iraq is and has been controlled by poland (which is in charge of the coalition) since the war kicked off.

ShadowNife
04-06-2005, 06:37 PM
hmm aite my bad bout the wrong history then =D

devildog
04-07-2005, 01:30 AM
its cool man, you were right in the sense that poland has been run to the ground a couple of times, but there was always at least an underground resistance that kept fighting. and soldiers always fought on other fronts, like in ww2, when germany and russia took over poland, polish refugees and disbanded units went and fought with france. when france got run through, poland went and fought with england. there are lots of misconceptions about poland, most of it being propaganda spread from the wars. ex: polish cavalry unit on patrol, surrounded by german panzer division. the polish cavalry fought its way through and got back to safe lines, so the germans spread that poland attacked their tanks with a horse mounted unit. lots of stuff like that happened.