PDA

View Full Version : What's the Strongest Anti-Perspirent?

AllAmericanMag
04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I'm a sweaty guy. Right now I use Old Spice High Endurance, but it's just not cutting it. I was wondering if you guys know of something better? Maybe a technique to rid myself of this problem? Anything is appreciated, thanks.

Warewolf50
04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
The Axe gell stuff works great, but i dont like using it casue it feels wierd when i put it on.

quik
04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Anti-Persperant is bad for you, your supposed to sweat.

Get Deodorant.

pimpanation
04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Get the Right Guard Powerstripe. I use that and it seems to work really well, put it on in the morining, and wake up the next day smelling nice and fresh.

Hairball
04-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I use either Speed Stick or Right Guard. Witchever one, it's the one called "24/7" and it seems to work pretty well.

ascetic1
04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Speed Stick or Degree

tony3
04-05-2005, 08:19 PM
speed stick with some extra strip of protection is the best ive used. I put that stuff on in the morning, plus a little axe and I am smelling good all day.

Major Ho
04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Mixed reviews, but overall good rating Mitchum (http://www.rateitall.com/i-10886-mitchum-anti-perspirant-deodorant.aspx)
"Mitchum® Solid Maximum Protection Formula
Provides the strongest active ingredient to keep you dry-even if you perspire heavily
Proven clinically to provide maximum protection against wetness and odor all day long
Buffered to protect clothes from staining

So effective you can skip a day"
Supposedly, Currently trying it, dont see much difference with the degree I normally use

CaptaiN_JacK
04-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Have you sought out medical treatments? I know there are some medical-strength anti-persperants on the market for fairly cheap prices, and if all else fails go get some botox injections (no, seriously, the STRONGEST anti-persperant is Botox, which they inject in multiple places in your armpits).

B.A.M.
04-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Have you sought out medical treatments? I know there are some medical-strength anti-persperants on the market for fairly cheap prices, and if all else fails go get some botox injections (no, seriously, the STRONGEST anti-persperant is Botox, which they inject in multiple places in your armpits).
Exactly what my cousin did and he got some medication and it made him sweat less.

ShooterJM
04-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Certin Dri I believe is what it's called. You can get it at most drug stores. Put it on before you go to bed and after a week or so voila! You're good to go.

Perfect for us sweaty types

Creative Mayhem
04-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I'm a sweaty guy. Right now I use Old Spice High Endurance, but it's just not cutting it. I was wondering if you guys know of something better? Maybe a technique to rid myself of this problem? Anything is appreciated, thanks.

Death. :ninja:

chairman_mao
04-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Do you want to sweat less or do you want to smell better? They are two different problems. Like was said before sweating is good for you it's a natural coolant and anti-persperant is designed to counter act that.

That said if you just want to smell better go to your local hippie/all natural store etc.

1. You can buy esential oils in whatever scent you want or combination there of, also purchase some jojoba oil.

2. In a seperate bottle mix a a few oz of the jojoba oil with six or eight drops of oil (divide evenly if you are using multiple scents)

3. After you shower apply the mixture to your under armslet sit for a minute or two and blot off the excess.

This will infuse the oil into your pores and when you sweat it will smell like the chosen scent. One application under normal circumstances will last a couple of days.

Note: Do NOT apply esential oils directly to your skin you will not like what it feels like

fire1811
04-06-2005, 03:21 PM
I use right guard Xtreme Sport and it works great

MicroMiniMe
04-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Try shaving your pits if its a wholely hairy beast.
The smell is excess body bacteria. I'm thinking that Botox treatment just wipes out the buggers good.
But shaving cuts down on the surface area of that moist good for growth area and fewer bacteria means less of a smell. Your normal deodorant should then do a better job. Wearing cotton helps too, breath that area. You might notice you sweat much worse wearing synthetic shirts.
/$.02

deathstalker
04-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm a sweaty guy myself and swear by Sure unscented aerosol. I NEVER have an odor problem and only sweat under the most extreme circumstances.

ultralight
04-07-2005, 03:32 AM
shaving is grrrrreat! (sorry tony)

mitchum is the best ive ever used. get the unscented clear gel.

you really can skip a day.

Konigballer
04-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I gotta check that stuff out. I live in Savannah, where because of the heat and humidity you break out in a warm sweat just walking out to get the mail. Its like figgin' South America here. :cry:

fire1811
04-07-2005, 03:18 PM
i wouldnt shave my armpits but i do trim them up every once in a while.

just though you should know :p

SIGSays
04-07-2005, 07:11 PM
i use axe body wash... or old spice high endurance body wash... that leaves a nice strong smell... not too strong.. but smell good... then axe spray.... then throw some cologne on top of that... and i smell good for days... ;)