PDA

View Full Version : "Protect yourself at all times!"

Jack & Coke
04-06-2005, 02:30 AM
I've always wondered if this would happen at the start of a round...

http://www.mensix.com/media-files/torres.wmv

txaggie08
04-06-2005, 02:53 AM
that one that punched him was a punk. thats a cheap shot.

B.A.M.
04-06-2005, 05:33 AM
1 punch KO. I could do it in less

MantisMag
04-06-2005, 08:25 AM
i don't watch boxing. what should have happened at that point? looked like the other guy wanted to touch gloves. is that all?

WicKeD_WaYz
04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
somewhat cheap but he shoulda been ready for it the bell rang. theres no excuse for getting knocked out like that, hes a pro boxer he shoulda seen it comming.

Jack & Coke
04-06-2005, 09:36 AM
i don't watch boxing. what should have happened at that point? looked like the other guy wanted to touch gloves. is that all?

yeah... it's common for fighters to "touch gloves" as a sign of "respect". It's like saying... "good luck, let's have a good fight".

When fighters hate each other, they don't do this.

It's legal, but i think it's really poor sportsmanship on the winner.

punkncat
04-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Cheap shot for sure. He should have been thinking about the future of his own career. Now he will be labled and other fighters will be wary of him, and probably more likely to be less than honorable to defeat him.

BD_Paintball
04-06-2005, 10:08 AM
wow talk about a cheap shot.

thecavemankevin
04-06-2005, 11:58 AM
yeah... it's common for fighters to "touch gloves" as a sign of "respect". It's like saying... "good luck, let's have a good fight".

When fighters hate each other, they don't do this.

It's legal, but i think it's really poor sportsmanship on the winner.

sort of like in martial arts when two men bow to each other

cheap shot

Gtask8
04-06-2005, 12:58 PM
How is that a cheap shot!? They did what they were supposed to, knock eachother out! :rofl:

Enraged Monk
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
hey, my town was mentioned....i feel famous

MantisMag
04-06-2005, 03:18 PM
sort of like in martial arts when two men bow to each other

cheap shot
yes but when you bow the fight hasn't started yet (at least in a tournament situation). sometimes they'll touch gloves after the fight has started. but in martial arts you know the fight is on. the other guy might not notice what you're doing or he might attack you immediately after making contact. so you're always on guard when going for the touch. imo that's what should have been done. the bell rang he should be ready just in case of something like this. pretty funny though. shows how easy it is to get a knockout if you catch the guy off guard. i'm sure that same unprotected hit would have meant very little if it had happened during the fight.

fire1811
04-06-2005, 03:24 PM
somewhat cheap but he shoulda been ready for it the bell rang. theres no excuse for getting knocked out like that, hes a pro boxer he shoulda seen it comming.

no a pro boxer should have had the respect to his opponent and the sport to touch gloves.

WicKeD_WaYz
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
no a pro boxer should have had the respect to his opponent and the sport to touch gloves.

Im not saying it wasnt a cheap shot, but he still shouldve been ready for it. He didnt even have his right hand up. Im sure the other fighter watched film on this and knew what he would do. It looked premeditated.

covadsucks
04-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Did anyone stop to think that maybe the dude had been runnin' his mouth or something that warranted such treatment and deserved it?

Either way it's not cool, but fun to watch. :p

Wheelman
04-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Touch glove and come out fighting at the bell...in that order. I don't see anything unsportsmanlike or cheap about it, it's his own damn fault for getting knocked out :tard:

personally I think he took a fall. :eek:

Hasty8
04-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Granted, I'm no boxing fan (it's two large sweaty guys fighting over a belt and a purse) but I have never seen any boxers shake hands after the bell.

My understanding is that after the introductions the ref calls the fighters to the center of the ring, explains the rules, has them shake hands then head back to their corners to await the bell at which point they come out swinging. I have never, ever seen boxers shake hands after the bell has rung and the fight has started.

Honestly, it look to me like the kid was confused and forget what stage he was in.

BD_Paintball
04-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Almost all boxers and ppl in UFC touch gloves before the 1st and some times before every round. It’s not illegal to do what he did but it’s not very respectful.

Hasty8
04-07-2005, 04:01 PM
But that's just my point. You said BEFORE the first which means BEFORE the bell has rung. The bell rang there, you can hear it. That means the round has started. Unles you mean that they touch gloves after the bell has rung, but again, I've never seen that.

WicKeD_WaYz
04-07-2005, 04:10 PM
all cheap shots aside....how nice of a shot was that though? :wow:

fire1811
04-07-2005, 06:31 PM
all cheap shots aside....how nice of a shot was that though? :wow:

it was definatly one hell of a punch

Wheelman
04-07-2005, 06:34 PM
personally I think he took a fall. :eek:

most people don't do it in the first shot :tard: