PDA

View Full Version : x-valve leak

finchyo
04-06-2005, 09:09 AM
hi all,

Played with my new tac-one at the week end and was getting a leaking sound from one of the holes on the side of the x-valve. This happened half way through the day and i have put several tanks of air through it already, and i put a few drops of oil in the ASA at the begining of the day. As i split the valve it look like it is venting because air is getting past the small white oring inside, shown with the red arrow on my pic. Dont know if anyone else has had this problem but it dose also seems to stop if it is well oiled (cant do that every hopper or so).

I was also wondering were that white oring has to be placed, where it is now or were the green arrow shows as it fits into both easily. Also starting to think it is just a bad o-ring and it will need to be replaced but this is bad as the gun is new.

Hopefully i have explained it well and that someone can give me some pointers.

thanx, finchyo

Dayspring
04-06-2005, 02:35 PM
If it's leaking out the side hole of the valve, pull the reg pin out (that's the pin sticking out from that oring you mention) and oil that. There's a possibility that the orings on THAT are what's bad or dry.

finchyo
04-07-2005, 09:16 AM
ok i'll try that but where dose the white oring shown in the pic need to be placed or dose it matter?

Dayspring
04-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Doesn't matter.