PDA

View Full Version : Problem with RT.. oil maybe?

jaredborne
04-06-2005, 04:09 PM
I am trying to avoid bringing my gun to the shop because its so far away. I bought my gun off ebay used and the day I got it, I went buy some air and shot about 200 rounds thru it. I didnt put oil in the asa because I didnt know I was supposed to. Well, 2 days later I went to play at a field and my trigger would stop responding. Like.. it would shoot good for a few shots (maybe 30) then it would stop shooting.

My question is: Would my gun stop shooting if I didnt oil it? I put oil yesterday but I had my gun shooting too hot and the air just shot out the back of the gun so I dont know if it is working or not

So... would my gun stop working because of that?

Carbon Blue
04-06-2005, 08:45 PM
i would think that your on/off is sticking since there is no oil. Remember mags love oil pull your on/off assembly out and oil it really well and put a few drops in the asa and a few around the bolt and bolt stem wouldnt hurt. If you have a regular lvl7 bolt (all silver) the on/off assembly is on the bottom of the valve and its a circular piece. You can usually take it out with your fingers. If you have an x valve or retro the on/off piece is brass.

But if you can describe the symptoms the gun is having that would help
is there pressure on the trigger?
no pressure on the trigger?

jaredborne
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
no pressure =\

Carbon Blue
04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
then i would assume that there is something wrong with the on/off assembly since the on/off pin is not pushing down on the sear. Take your on/off assembly out and inspect all the orings and make sure it is well oiled. youd be surprised how many problems that mags come across are fixed with oil.

Physco
04-07-2005, 02:11 AM
make sure to turn down velocity. the air venting out is a safety feature from goin to high. and if you have a Ult try removing all your shims. and start off 1 at a time untill it works.

skinner
04-13-2005, 06:56 AM
I have a similar problem, although I'm not positive if it's exactly the same thing. I recently bought an Automag RT second hand, I fixed a leak in one of the screws, no big deal. However, now I can fire roughly one or two shots before the marker seems to depressurize. The trigger goes limp and the bolt moves extremely slow, with a low thud sound coming from it.

Is this just too little oil or is there another culprit?

jaredborne
04-27-2005, 07:11 PM
That is my problem ^^ tho mine doesnt thump.. it does nothing... its like i have to unscrew my tank and screw it back in

Would that be due to like not enough psi? I am new to n2 tanks so I dont know how to tune them out

skinner
04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I just had it fixed. Turns out it was an o-ring on the bolt that was in terrible condition. Works like a dream now. Try replacing the o-rings on the bolt, I didn't know much about it until I took it to a proshop, you may want to do the same.

jaredborne
04-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I took apart the gun yesterday and all the orings look like they are in perfect shape :(

I was trying to avoid $25 an hour

Lefty21
04-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Fisrt, is your tank preset or adjustable? cuz you said somethin about the input pressure Make sure its entirely twisted in. It was mentioned but mags really really really love oil...so be sure to oil every moving part. Also you said the tirgger goes limp, do you have to push the bolt back to reset the gun? if so, throw some oil in the power tube tip as that is the only o-ring involved with the movement of the bolt. Lastly, do you know if your running with the stock spring?

jaredborne
04-28-2005, 11:20 AM
ok heres wut happens

I screw in the tank. I have a crossfire steel 47/3000 tank.. so I am guessing its hp
After I screw in the tank it gasses up. I shoot off about 10 shots and it just goes limp. I have to unscrew the tank and screw it back in. I am guessing its the pressure because in my mind.. if it doesnt have enough pressure it would just stop shooting right or would it shoot but not shoot over 100fps?

Lefty21
04-29-2005, 06:34 AM
try adjustin your velocity about a full turn or until you hear a click...not sure off the top of my head what it should be chronyed at, but for the purposes of fixin your problem disregard it.