PDA

View Full Version : This Just In....shatnerball

Tina
04-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Bill is on live radion now at TheFandom.com. I asked about Paintball...Labor Day weekend is scrapped. He said they might put something together later in the year, but Celebrity Paintball is a no go.

Duzzy
04-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Gaaaaaaaaargh!

How am I supposed to let my little brother get a chance at shooting Tom Kaye and William Shatner now?

Well, looks like a MXS event again this year. Oh well, last year was a blast and this year should be the same.

Tina
04-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Sorry guys. I'm devastated. When we get the archives up from the show I'll post the link so you can hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Glickman
04-06-2005, 11:12 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

so much for that "spplat attack 4" bank account...

ICP
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

so much for that "spplat attack 4" bank account...

Now you can buy purty upgrades for your marker though.

Glickman
04-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Now you can buy purty upgrades for your marker though.

could buy another ion with it, but thats no match for a day of shatnerball :cry:

Tyger
04-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Well... Ok. This kinda bites. :mad:

< JOKING > Ok then! I say we hold our own at this point. The game begins in IL, we'll kidnap Tom Kaye and his paintgun. We then raid Shatner's place, and kidnap him. Then we drive to a neutral location, I say EMR, and hold a game there. We'll seperate into sides. TK's team can wear a borg, Outlaw or RED SA3 jersey. Bill's team can wear a Federation, Cavalry or BLUE jersey. And we'll have a rolling game of elimiation and capture the flag. Totally freeform. All we need to do is spot them for paint, and we're golden. < /JOKING >

-Tyger

(Legal note : Tyger, Web Dog Radio and it's affiliates, any magazine he's written for, and in fact everyone else in paintball does NOT CONDONE actually kidnapping Hollywood celebrities or Paintball legends. Tyger, WDR & affiliates, and the paintball community is NOT RESPONSIBLE for legal rammifications for kidnap, assault, or anyhting else that might happen if you really try this. In fact, don't try it. Just wait patiently like the rest of us, and it'll happen... It'll happen....)

Creative Mayhem
04-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Well... Ok. This kinda bites. :mad:

< JOKING > Ok then! I say we hold our own at this point. The game begins in IL, we'll kidnap Tom Kaye and his paintgun. We then raid Shatner's place, and kidnap him. Then we drive to a neutral location, I say EMR, and hold a game there. We'll seperate into sides. TK's team can wear a borg, Outlaw or RED SA3 jersey. Bill's team can wear a Federation, Cavalry or BLUE jersey. And we'll have a rolling game of elimiation and capture the flag. Totally freeform. All we need to do is spot them for paint, and we're golden. < /JOKING >

-Tyger

As crazy as that sounds, it also sounds like one helluva good day of ballin'!

I for one am up for it, who's with me?!?! :D :ninja: :ninja:

PirateGent
04-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I notice no one wants to pick up ManCow? :rofl:

It does suck but hopefully that will just mean that Shatnerball 2006 will be even better!

Edward Tunis
PirateGent
Shatnerball 2003 & 2004 Veteran

Tyger
04-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I notice no one wants to pick up ManCow? :rofl:

Hey, you wanna go pick him up, go ahead. I'm not in the mood to deal with all that whining all the way there and back...

Hey, he claimed to "twist his ankle" last year, in NEW boots and he complained about being at EMR. He's not a player.

-Tyger

Tina
04-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I have a feeling we've seen the last of Shatnerball, the way Bill was talking. Apparently last years event only raised $17,000 for charity. With all the work that goes into it every year, it's just not worth it.

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 02:19 PM
I have a feeling we've seen the last of Shatnerball, the way Bill was talking. Apparently last years event only raised $17,000 for charity. With all the work that goes into it every year, it's just not worth it.

There's helping, and there's hurting. That was not helping... Anyways, $17,000 is quite a bit of money, maybe not super-spectacular but every little bit helps right?

Tina
04-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Not when Bill's charity horse show has raised millions.

kevdupuis
04-07-2005, 02:50 PM
The problem that I saw was with the planning. Everything should have been planned and confirmed the year previous so the next year format and location could be announced at the end of the last game. This would have given them a year to advertise and hype the game which would bring the people. A few months advance notice with no purposeful advertising does not get the attendance you want.

My buck fiddy.

PirateGent
04-07-2005, 03:36 PM

I know from the 2004 game my friends and I (who are in a Star Trek group) were willing to goto conventions and paintball places to promote the game but after repeated requests for flyers, information, etc we got nothing!

We wanted to help promote it but "the powers that was in charge then" seemed not to care about pushing the event.

There is no reason, with the right promotional people, this shouldn't be as big as the Tippmann Challenge or the Oklahoma D-Day game (I've never been to either game but I'm told those games are HUGE!!!)

Edward Tunis

PirateGent
04-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey, you wanna go pick him up, go ahead. I'm not in the mood to deal with all that whining all the way there and back...

Hey, he claimed to "twist his ankle" last year, in NEW boots and he complained about being at EMR. He's not a player.

-Tyger

You do know I was joking I hope. :)

In fact I saw him on the tail end of the Temple of Doom (?) field before the "twisted ankle gate". Unless he tripped over his own two feet - there was nothing going on in that corner of the field (outside him and his ego) :rofl:

- Pirate Gent

warthog2t0
04-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I notice no one wants to pick up ManCow?

i love him.... in a no-gay way. i'll pick his drunken *** up :dance:

ICP
04-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Sorry guys. I'm devastated. When we get the archives up from the show I'll post the link so you can hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Any luck with this yet. Just wondering, no hurry. ;)

Tina
04-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Any luck with this yet. Just wondering, no hurry. ;)

I'll check today...it usually takes a week to get up.

Tassel Mask
04-08-2005, 11:05 AM
All I can say is I'm totally in DENIAL! No way this just happened. OK...it is not the end of the world, but it might be the end of a paintball era. All I can say is the advertisement for 2004 was not very good.

Here's the paintball problem. Most people that play paintball do not own ten thousand to a hundred thousand dollar horse and ride English or Hunters; Jumpers if anything for those real horse finatics who just like the speed.

The money that follows around horses is always going to dwarf paintball; for now. It is just not fair to compare paintball to horses. Maybe the gross net worth in paintball may be larger than the horse community (if possible) but its widley dispersed. That is why the need to gain mass amount of players is the only way to earn a high dollar. Without good advertising, those large players will not be there. Word of mouth is a powerful tool, but not always enough. I know the radio adds and guest appearances were a good attempt, but obviously not enough.

Poor planning is definatley what killed this game, not lack of intrest in the sport or the charity.

PROBLEM WITH THE EVENT EARNINGS:

1. Relying too much only on the hard core paintball player community is too big a strain on the charity and the players. A wider range of players is needed.

2.Hyping the game in a few select cities isn't enough to get the word out. Many of my hard core VA / Tx players still don't even know what SPPLAT ATTACK is.

3. Most of all (Dad brought this up) when auctioning off goods for chairty, try not to sell so many expensive items. I'd guess they could have trippled their charity fund if they had more items for around 10, 20, 30 bucks. I mean I had about 60 to 80 bucks to burn after the BIG GAME, but couldn't afford anything to bid on. I just don't have 200 bucks to burn at the end of the day after all that shooting. A donation box would have been great also. I just don't think our community has horse show money to burn on one item to auction; sorry.

I still say the Shatball community should try to meet up somewhere this Labor Day to at least try to keep the teams together.

Hopefully plans are in the works for 2006. Lets stay positive and hope for the best. I mean this event was for a purpose and if that purpose isn't being met, I understand its termination. Thanks for the last 3 years; pure joy everyone.

Ideas anyone? EMR or CPX-T.M.

ICP
04-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanx, tina. Just curious to hear how it was stated.

Tina
04-08-2005, 12:53 PM
All I can say is I'm totally in DENIAL! No way this just happened. OK...it is not the end of the world, but it might be the end of a paintball era. All I can say is the advertisement for 2004 was not very good.

Here's the paintball problem. Most people that play paintball do not own ten thousand to a hundred thousand dollar horse and ride English or Hunters; Jumpers if anything for those real horse finatics who just like the speed.

The money that follows around horses is always going to dwarf paintball; for now. It is just not fair to compare paintball to horses. Maybe the gross net worth in paintball may be larger than the horse community (if possible) but its widley dispersed. That is why the need to gain mass amount of players is the only way to earn a high dollar. Without good advertising, those large players will not be there. Word of mouth is a powerful tool, but not always enough. I know the radio adds and guest appearances were a good attempt, but obviously not enough.

Poor planning is definatley what killed this game, not lack of intrest in the sport or the charity.

PROBLEM WITH THE EVENT EARNINGS:

1. Relying too much only on the hard core paintball player community is too big a strain on the charity and the players. A wider range of players is needed.

2.Hyping the game in a few select cities isn't enough to get the word out. Many of my hard core VA / Tx players still don't even know what SPPLAT ATTACK is.

3. Most of all (Dad brought this up) when auctioning off goods for chairty, try not to sell so many expensive items. I'd guess they could have trippled their charity fund if they had more items for around 10, 20, 30 bucks. I mean I had about 60 to 80 bucks to burn after the BIG GAME, but couldn't afford anything to bid on. I just don't have 200 bucks to burn at the end of the day after all that shooting. A donation box would have been great also. I just don't think our community has horse show money to burn on one item to auction; sorry.

I still say the Shatball community should try to meet up somewhere this Labor Day to at least try to keep the teams together.

Hopefully plans are in the works for 2006. Lets stay positive and hope for the best. I mean this event was for a purpose and if that purpose isn't being met, I understand its termination. Thanks for the last 3 years; pure joy everyone.

Ideas anyone? EMR or CPX-T.M.

I couldn't agree with you more. Advertizing was a major problem. We all knew it. The ones in charge of actual promotion either didn't listen or didn't care.

MedicDVG
04-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Well crap...

After all the speculation, all the rumors, and all the whining... its all out the window.

I am just plain drained. I was really looking forward to this and everything...

Oh well...

Anyone know a good game over labor day weekend???

*NRG*MIKE
04-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Yes... there is the "Labor Day Extravaganza" at EMR... Three days of Paintball excitement, Live band and fireworks to Boot! And don't forget, they are using RPS paint now. So we get Marbalizer Action ! :clap:

Glickman
04-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes... there is the "Labor Day Extravaganza" at EMR... Three days of Paintball excitement, Live band and fireworks to Boot! And don't forget, they are using RPS paint now. So we get Marbalizer Action ! :clap:

well this might be a decent alternative. anyone feel like getting an ao group?

kevdupuis
04-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I've already made my plans for EMR and should have 4-5 people coming with Shdow and I.

*NRG*MIKE
04-09-2005, 03:23 PM
well this might be a decent alternative. anyone feel like getting an ao group?
Hey Glick! Remember taking the Animals with us 2 years ago? Yeah man, we are the "Rogue Element" :argh: We took down Glenn Palmer and liberated ALL of Tommy Boy's livestock(along with WeltMan, of course) right there at the EMR Bridge... How you doin' man?

Glickman
04-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey Glick! Remember taking the Animals with us 2 years ago? Yeah man, we are the "Rogue Element" :argh: We took down Glenn Palmer and liberated ALL of Tommy Boy's livestock(along with WeltMan, of course) right there at the EMR Bridge... How you doin' man?

ah man, that was awsome :D im doing alright, you? be really awsome to meet up for another senario game :clap:

*NRG*MIKE
04-09-2005, 05:13 PM
ah man, that was awsome :D im doing alright, you? be really awsome to meet up for another senario game :clap:

We are all well :cool: ... and we WILL be there for the "Extravaganza". We went last year and it was a great time... cheap too! ;) Blue knows how to throw a party! :headbang: :shooting: :cheers: :p

MedicDVG
04-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Forgive my ignornace... but where is EMR? Anyone have a link (I am too lazy to google)

*NRG*MIKE
04-10-2005, 10:42 AM
www.emrpaintball.com (http://www.emrpaintball.com) :shooting:

markoger
04-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Bill is on live radion now at TheFandom.com. I asked about Paintball...Labor Day weekend is scrapped. He said they might put something together later in the year, but Celebrity Paintball is a no go.

This is unbelievable!!!! :mad: :mad: :cuss: :cuss:

There is no way they can reschedule it. too many people were planning on it being on laborday weekend.

so much for using my vacation time for that week.....

I guess i will go to EMR and have a blast there instead.

Marco

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Bill you are a Jerk! This is crap!!!!

Well We will find somthing to do, thats for sure! Leaving us out to dry like this!!!

Moron!

Glickman
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
like i said in the other thread.

all thats needed is some legwork, and im sure there would be alot of celebs riding it.

guess its the xtravaganza for us :(

frop
04-12-2005, 12:06 AM
i love him.... in a no-gay way. i'll pick his drunken *** up :dance:

i think mancow = a sucky tom arnold

Tassel Mask
04-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Eric, the man who started it all. I mean he is the one who let us vent from the beginning. I've been reading his thread since last year.

If anyone needs a pick-me-up its that poor soul and all the others who worked on his thread to bring the most up to date info on this event. I have yet to find a current thread with more viewings than his. Its been a long ride and a hard wait. At least the waiting is over my friend.

See you and everyone else at EMR LABOR DAY!!!

I say we get as many of our past players to meet up there. That was a great bunch of people to shoot it out with and I'd like to do it again with everyone. I mean 2003 was great for SPPLAT II. I'm sure 2005 there can be even better. Besides we won't have those Shatnerball prices; although for a good cause.

Heck, I hate to think all the money we had to pay last year and the charity only got $17,000. Sounds like they got skimmed bad to me.

Anyway, EMR 2005 everyone; go spread the word. This shatnerball vet will be there. Unless Shatnerball 2005 comes back them I'm back on the charity wagon!!! :rofl:

T.M.

*NRG*MIKE
04-12-2005, 10:19 PM
check it out! Last year it was only $25 for the 3 day event... and free AIR!!! this yeasr it is the same...

PMI/EMR EXTRAVAGANZA:
All prepaid players will receive a FREE PMI JERSEY designating team side for Sun. Big game. Sat. will be mini-games throughout the day. FREE AIR, and FREE FOOD and BEVERAGES Sat. Night at the Player’s Party along with a FIREWORKS Show and LIVE BAND. ONLY $25 ppd by 8/19/05 or $50 at the event.

:clap: :cool: :dance: :shooting:

www.emrpaintball.com

dj89
04-12-2005, 11:59 PM
I'll be at emr that weekend. So should the rest of the team. along with a few friends. Keep every one updated if we are going to do some thing.

Mike Smith
04-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Tina wrote

Perhaps it is time for Bill to find a new producer; maybe Wayne Dollack or Viper or even bring back JJ with the help of one of those two.

Being at Shatnerball 3, I saw lots of money changing hands and I was told that half my paint money went to Bill's charity. How much of our entry fees went to Bill? $17,000 seems very low. I wonder if someone saw a cash cow and decided to grab up all they could? Usually, when something stinks, there is a valid reason for the stench.

Still thinking out loud.... If half the paint costs went to Bill, and the average case price was $80, then dividing 40 into 17,000 gives us 425 cases of paint sold. Wasn't there around 600-700 people there? If so, that should translate to around a 1000 cases of paint. There sure smells like there was some skimming going on...

Thom
04-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Well I hope Celebrity Paintball doesn't die off because of this. Maybe Bill won’t be back. Being a huge fan of his I think that would be a shame. And most people don’t really seem to care if they ever see Mancow again. So….let’s find more celebrities! Hollywood is full of them. All we need is someone who knows someone. If you get the right celebrities, and not just one or two, this thing could be bigger than any of the last 3 years. The great thing about William Shatner is that he has a cult following. I mean, how many Star Trek fans started playing paintball just because he was there? Finding someone who has as large and devoted a fan base, who would be willing to do this, would be difficult, I’m sure. But with hundreds or perhaps thousands of Shatnerballers out there I have to believe somebody is connected.

I’m just going to assume this year is dead. So let’s get started on 2006 NOW. That’s almost 17 months of planning. Mr. Kaye, we’re all looking to you right now. I think we’d all feel a little better if we could just hear SOMETHING from our fearless leader.

Instead of crying over spilt paint about this year, and debating what went wrong, and who did what, I’d rather say, “How can I help?” Maybe we just need more people helping to organize the event. I don’t what I could do, but if it could help keep this event alive, I’m all yours.

msprince
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Why does it seem that if things don't go your way you start crying and accusing people of stealing?
I imagine running an event like that took a ton of money. All that planning and effort takes money too, plus the cost of the venue, the wholesale costs of the paint (you don't just split it in half and not pay the manufacturer), the special event permits if it was to be held somewhere other than a paintball field, insurance, etc. etc.

It would be a nice and rosy world if everything went to charity but since the producers (not the stars), venue operators, etc. aren't stinking rich they have to take out some of the money to pay for all these things and their time. And why not, the Red Cross spends MILLIONS a year on just one executive of their organization, it's funny how it's called non-profit, I wish a paycheck of a million was not considered a profit to me!!

And lastly for those who choose to call Mr. Shatner, Mancow, Celebrity Paintball, etc. names and criticize them ask yourself this:
Why would anyone want to put on an event for a group of people who don't even act like they appreciate what is done for them? I understand you are dissappointed but as I understand some venues fell through and it's not easy finding a place that can hold an event that size, parking, camping and such and work it out where EVERYONE is happy.

Perhaps some kind words of encouragement for next years event plus a kind word for all the people who spend their time TRYING to make it work. Then maybe it will be worth the time and effort it takes to bring it about.

Stephanie Prince(ss)
MXS Staff writer/Publicist/photographer
"The Cookie Lady"
Co-Captain Battle Born

Tina
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey guys! Sorry it took so long! Here's the live interview with Bill where he comments on the cancellation of the game. (btw, I wrote up the recap) ;)

http://www.thefandom.com/Article28.phtml

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-13-2005, 10:15 PM
HEY HOW ABOUT SOME RESPECT FOR THE PLAYERS that have been here waiting and dreaming, saving, hoping, wanting to play with thier hero...

um what about them, how are we to get it out that we are hurt, we are just to sit by and say, dum de dum, well they put up a good effort dum de dum, cuz they tried???

go jump in a pond!

they need to get off their high horses, really and realize people are going to be hurt here!

Bill is and will always will be my hero, but today i am pissed at him and the people that are suposed to be putting this crap together. and what kinda morons dont have a back up location in place in case the first one falls through? thats just plain stupidicy!!!!! and now we have to pay, and ont you come and tell us how we are going to take it!

It sucks and the only way it aint gonna suck is if it turns out to be a big fat cruel joke on us or they do keep their word and do somthing later in the year. which i doubt, dont trust then at all now!

and to say on the radio that the turn out wasnt enough to have it again!!!!
thats wrong and a slap in the face!

and what are one of the people that screwed it up, yeah thats it uh!

go away!
leave us to lick our wounds and plan somthing else to do this year.

tell pacman and mother i said Hi...

and for Tina,
You are a Champion, thanks for all your help here, for all this time. Ill see you at EMR?
Im done here, untill some one else pisses me off..

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I wanted to say thanks to all you guys, Tassel mask, for being there all this time. Hanging there, looking for locations and making these threads the most popular here in AO.

We caused a riot and for nothing, but be heard now. Tell them you are pissed, don't let them think you are fine with this screwing...

Let them know you are bent and get you 2 cents in. it doesn't have to end here.

It has been great to get to know all of you and I will see you on the fields!!!

Eric

Tassel Mask
04-14-2005, 01:56 AM
Oh dude, I'm totally "P.O." about this whole thing. I don't know to cry or scream. Not having this event just destroyed a slew of relationships I had with this community. I mean there were people on my team I only saw and spent time with once a year on the field. Now, they are gone; hopefully not forever. We all loved this event, thats why its so hard to say good-bye to it. Like I said, I'm still kinda in denial about the whole thing.

This rocked our community harder than I think most people realize. Wait till Labor Day starts rolling around. Then people are really gonna feel the empty. Now its kinda early.

If they called me and said organize this event in 4 weeks, I bet I could pull it off and crank out a DVD at the same time. (I'm an amature film maker as well) People just don't know how to do things themselves these days. Its so much cheaper that way.

I'm mad, sad and dissapointed about the whole thing. However, better things are to come I believe out of William Shatner and his celebrity charity event. the future can only get brighter from here Eric. Its a dark time for us.

Can't wait to shoot it up with you at EMR everyone.

T.M.

MedicDVG
04-14-2005, 09:58 AM
MAybe its just me, but I would gladly take $17,000 for my charity. Its better then nothing. So we aren't high falutin horse people - whooppedy dooo! Neither is half the world. Hell if he wants to eat caviar and poo poo with the rich snizzles over thier million dollar livestock -- have at it. But I am just a common man, as are many of his fans, and half the allure of the celebrity paintball idea was just that -- to mingle with those who before have only been visions on the silver screen. :mad:

So I am sorry if I am too common for him, I am sorry if my fellow paintballers are not as well heeled as his horse's *** friends, but hell, my money also spends just the same (granted not nearly as much.)

So Yes I am disapointed, and yes, I am feeling less then admiration for Bill. Sorry Boston Public got cancelled Bill... NOT! :cuss:

I am not holdin my breath to see any celebrity paintball event in the near future, or ever again, at least not with Mr. ****ner at the helm. Maybe we can get Tom to sponsor such an event -- What you say Mr. Kaye????

msprince
04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Eric, I will try my hardest in the future to piss you off again ;) :rofl:

I always seem to have a knack with that. I like the fact that you speak your mind, and that you respect the fact that others might disagree :clap:

Nothing but respect man, maybe we can throw paint together someday .

Stephanie Prince(ss)
MXS Publicist/Staff Writer/ Photographer
"The Cookie Lady"
Co-Captain Battle Born

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Anytime MSprince, ill...
much respect for you too!

Ill throw paint at, with you any day ;)

Freedom to be heard is all we have left!

Dont be muffled
Dont let them think we are ok with any of this!

Tell them you are pissed..

NO MATTER WHO IS TO BLAME!
I know i am not to blame, i spent $350 dollars just on Bill signatures that day in Chicago for charity thinking i was doing my part, and to be told it wasnt enough?

Well im pissed, And i want some one to hear it, damm it!!!1

Eric

AGD
04-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Fellow Shanterballers,

I am afraid what you are hearing here is simply not true and as usual people are jumping to conclusions.

First off in the interview IF YOU LISTEN CAREFULLY Bill says we couldn't do it in the Astrodome which is true. This has made us late on getting something together for Labor Day which is also true. We ARE trying to put something together for the end of the year in a warm place due to this delay.

I was on the phone with Bill YESTERDAY talking about this years event. We ARE planning on making it happen.

The fact we raised 17,000 is only PART of the money raised which Bill with his hectic schedule has forgotten about. We gave an additional $10,470 to the police charity the 100 Club of Cook County and Patrick and Dianne gave an additional 5,000 out of their own pocket of which 2,320 went to Ahead with Horses charity. So all total we raised over 30k for charity from an event with less than 1000 people.

You have now heard it directly from me and MXS who are the owners of Celebrity Paintball with Bill. How about we promote this info across the net as fast as the bad news travels.

Thanks,

Celebrity Paintball

Mike Smith
04-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Tom, if you were actively involved in getting this show on the road, ya screwed up.

The Astrodome was a pie-in-the-sky scenario that would have been kool, but there should have been a back-up plan. {always have a plan "B"}

As far as everyone blaming Bill, give me a break... The guy is an actor. He shows up when he's told to show up. He might have made a phone call to a reluctant official, or done some publicity for the show. That would be all of his involvement in making Shatnerball happen before the day of the game.

Bill Shatner wasn't the person(s) that screwed up Shatnerball, this year.

Glickman
04-14-2005, 06:32 PM
as cool as it looks, i dont think the astrodome was a great choice. it doesnt sound feasable...

dj89
04-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Well don't make it any farther away than it already is from me.

Tina
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Any hope at all is greatly appreciated, Tom.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-14-2005, 09:25 PM
See, if you are loud enough, you will be heard.

Faith is a good thing..

I wont hold my breath though....

Still pissed, and a plan B would have been nice...

Thanks Tom, and If you could please put some of your Time into this and it will happen...

Eric

Tassel Mask
04-14-2005, 11:55 PM
My brain just exploded everyone. What the heck is going on now? They said the event was gonna happen Labor Day...then not gonna happen. Now they say it is again but the date is not set? My head is going to explode (I'm a huge exagerator). This last 5 months of planning, saving, praying has now turned into weeks of spending, bendgeing, and crying; yea you heard me, lots and lots of crying (except the crying part, I never did cry).

I just don't know what to do now.

If they have it, will anyone still go?

T.M.

Tyger
04-15-2005, 04:42 AM
:hail: Finally, the voice of reason.

Ok, so when, where, how much, and how far am I gonna be driving? What can you tell us, or oracle of the allknown? :hail:

Or, basically, we need info!!! I'm trying to get my back... back... to where it needs to be... I need incentive.

-Tyger

Tassel Mask
04-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Hopefully they will have it in Califonia, maybe florida. Most probable during the Thanksgiving or Christmas break. Am I missing a hollidy here?

I'll just have to set my tivo for the sunday morning kick-off first. I'd really like to go to California but most paintball players demographically live on the east coast. My estimates put it southeast somewhere.

But I don't want to speculate. I already did that for 5 months. Just freakin tell us please.

T.M.

Darkstorm
04-15-2005, 01:32 PM
All,
Please read my post in this forum. I would appreciate some edits or deletions of some posts in this thread then.

Caffiend
04-15-2005, 03:12 PM
well, that sucks. Time to take leave off the books for Labor Day :( Missed the first two due to money and the last one because my deployment got extended, hope I can make the next one. GIVE ME A DATE!!!

Eric, breathe before you post man. Calling Bill a jerk and a moron won't help...Mancow on the other hand couldn't hurt though :rofl:

MedicDVG
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Thank you Tom for the information, albeit sketchy, but information none the less where before there was NOTHING.

Soooo... I hold my breath once again (Please don't let it be too long though - hypoxia is a bugger) and patiently wait for updates.

Please inform us as soon as possible, for as we have seen (and I am as guilty of it as anyone) in an information vacum, those that don't have it will start to make it up and believe it as fact.

SHATNERBALL '05!!!! We like it! We love it! We want more of it!

(Ok I will go take my medicne now.)

Minnesota111
04-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Thank you VERY much for the update Tom. I appreciate everything you, Bill, Patrick, and the host of others that have made these events possible. Thank you for attempting to get what would have been the single greatest playing venue ever. While the secrecy was frustrating, I definitely understand the need for it. I trust you to do what you feel is best for everyone. I will let my staff know of the situation and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.

PS If you're taking an informal poll about dates, I/my field staff vote for later in the year, even if it needs to be pushing into Jan/Feb. :) :)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-17-2005, 08:00 PM
well, that sucks. Time to take leave off the books for Labor Day :( Missed the first two due to money and the last one because my deployment got extended, hope I can make the next one. GIVE ME A DATE!!!

Eric, breathe before you post man. Calling Bill a jerk and a moron won't help...Mancow on the other hand couldn't hurt though :rofl:

Sorry I missed all this, I was playing paintball!

Hey have to hate someone for this, cant be Tom, love him WAY TO MUCH! and for Bill, there is no other Bill lover like me, I have a room commited just to Bill, but this sucks and I am pissed. I am Not and Never will be a follower of no one but GOD, although when i saw Bill (Kirk)Shatner playing paintball, I found him and played with him, then when I Tom and played with him, It is easy to see and notice Greatness. But when Greatness leads you off a cliff like this, well you are bound to want to lash out and I and you all have the right to do so.

A wonderfull oppurtunity has been ripped from my grasps and i am not going to sit idly by and be quiet about it.

And to be fed with "Later in the year" Crap just doesnt taste good...

When, Christmas Time when money is tight, and travel is at the most busiest? Yup, a shafting again im sure.

we waited and waited for a long time, being told it was in the works and told to wait and wait, that is was comming details were comming and we would know all we needed to know soon and now we know.

Still pissed I am, young Skywalker, still pissed I am....

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-17-2005, 08:02 PM
All,
Please read my post in this forum. I would appreciate some edits or deletions of some posts in this thread then.

And you, what does this Mean?????

:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Thank you Tom for the information, albeit sketchy, but information none the less where before there was NOTHING.

Soooo... I hold my breath once again (Please don't let it be too long though - hypoxia is a bugger) and patiently wait for updates.

Please inform us as soon as possible, for as we have seen (and I am as guilty of it as anyone) in an information vacum, those that don't have it will start to make it up and believe it as fact.

SHATNERBALL '05!!!! We like it! We love it! We want more of it!

(Ok I will go take my medicne now.)

Pills, more pills?

Is that waht i nede il calll the docter rite noww, he caan fics this im sere?

ME

Mike Smith
04-17-2005, 10:30 PM
We gave an additional $10,470 to the police charity the 100 Club of Cook County

Now the math adds up... I had totally forgotten about the 100 club being a part of Shatnerball III. Thanks for refreshing my memory, Tom.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-17-2005, 10:35 PM
LOL, i think its going to take alot of medication to make the pain go away on this one!!!!

I know im really in pain.....

Eric

Tassel Mask
04-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Eric, how much is your "Room of Shatner" worth in American dollars? I just want to know how big a fan you really are of him. The reason is you seem to be the mediator of "unforgiveness." The truth is I believe your not really that upset anymore, just disapointed as I am.

Here is what I believe will happen in the next half year or so:

Another celebrity paintball will happen, you will go (as will I obviously), you will have more fun than you ever had and totally redeem your faith in this life, then your pain will go away.

How do you predict the next half year or so will turn out? I mean could you ever see 2005 as a speed-bump in the road of life we call paintball? Or will this always be the devastator that destroyed the greatest BIG GAME I ever played. Except 2004, we lost bad that year and I'm still hurting from that. The score was so lopsided in your favor.

Oh yea, and what your team members, do those guys ever come online stick up for your ideas? <<<that question may sound hostile

T.M.

markoger
04-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Eric, how much is your "Room of Shatner" worth in American dollars?.

lol... I can vouch for Eric being a "Shatner nut" he probably has more money into his Shat Shrine then he does into paintball.... and that's a lot. if i had to guess it would be thousands...but only Eric could tell you the actual worth.

i am the one that hears more about this "Bill Crap" than all of AO... and i do agree with most of what Eric has to say about this issue. and i do believe that if there is a Shatnerball 2005, Eric and i will be there with as many of our team "Extreme Measures" as possible. We will probably be on Tom Kaye's team again...

Marco

Tassel Mask
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Hey thanks Oger, thats histerical about eric. I'm just scared for you that next time you visit the Shatner Shrine, it will be filled with Angry Clown Dolls and a huge box burning in his fireplace!

OK Marco, thanks again thats histerical man, thanks for that most important information.

T.M.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 03:40 PM
OK, I have over $20,000 in Star Trek Memorabilia...

As far as just BILL crap, well I'm up to my ears in that too ... it is tough to price some of my stuff.....

As far as being pissed, well I am really pissed and here is why...

If they do this "later in the year" around Christmas, I wont have the funds for it, so IM Out! No way IM going, Not going to happen, never, unless I get a loan or a sponsor jumps in and says here is the cash. Or Bill and Tom come in and say "Here Eric, sorry we screwed you, come play on us!" My family is huge and i will never have means to do a game this big and make Christmas work. and with the weather, it would have to be out in the west Coast or Florida.

Well, that's not going to happen after all the crap I have started here... Tom probably wont ever talk to me again after this stuff.

And never to mind in September I have my Wedding anniversary and she isnt going to want to do Shatner ball, November is a big Corporation inspection so those months are out.

Now Jan. or Feb. Well, hard to look that far ahead and I doubt any doctor could condone complaining that long, but who knows by then what will be in the cards for any of us.

It is a big disappointment, and I'm pissed ... let down ... hurt is word I would use instead of pissed, HURT!

Eric

E-mail me for PICS of that room if you want proof!

Tina
04-18-2005, 04:24 PM
OK, I have over $20,000 in Star Trek Memorabilia...

As far as just BILL crap, well I'm up to my ears in that too ... it is tough to price some of my stuff.....

As far as being pissed, well I am really pissed and here is why...

If they do this "later in the year" around Christmas, I wont have the funds for it, so IM Out! No way IM going, Not going to happen, never, unless I get a loan or a sponsor jumps in and says here is the cash. Or Bill and Tom come in and say "Here Eric, sorry we screwed you, come play on us!" My family is huge and i will never have means to do a game this big and make Christmas work. and with the weather, it would have to be out in the west Coast or Florida.

Well, that's not going to happen after all the crap I have started here... Tom probably wont ever talk to me again after this stuff.

And never to mind in September I have my Wedding anniversary and she isnt going to want to do Shatner ball, November is a big Corporation inspection so those months are out.

Now Jan. or Feb. Well, hard to look that far ahead and I doubt any doctor could condone complaining that long, but who knows by then what will be in the cards for any of us.

It is a big disappointment, and I'm pissed ... let down ... hurt is word I would use instead of pissed, HURT!

Eric

E-mail me for PICS of that room if you want proof!

LOL Now you KNOW I just HAVE to see it! (the room, that is) :rofl:

Tassel Mask
04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I'd be afraid to ask. I picture it to look like in the movie Ace Venturea Pet Dic. when Jim Carrey goes in Ray Finkles room. Have you seen that movie, and it says "Laices out Dan" on every inch of the room. HHHHaaaaa.

No offence eric, your just so passionate which I respect, yet I can't help buck laugh somtimes though dude.

Tina, keep us all informed.

T.M.

Caffiend
04-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Eric,
I think you misunderstood my post. I meant I don't think it's solely Bill's fault.

[start joke voice] you could sell some of your 20k worth of Star Trek stuff to make the game [end joke voice]

no, I don't expect you to sell any of it. If you amassed that large of a collection, I don't think you could part with any of it.

Glickman
04-18-2005, 07:30 PM
20,000 big ones?

hmm...

1 fat chick x weight + $100
------------------------------ = ... alot of fat chicks

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 08:07 PM
20,000 big ones?

hmm...

1 fat chick x weight + $100
------------------------------ = ... alot of fat chicks

LOL, what the he-- is wrong with you, are you ok, what math is that? wait i dont want to know!!! :wow:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Eric,
I think you misunderstood my post. I meant I don't think it's solely Bill's fault.

[start joke voice] you could sell some of your 20k worth of Star Trek stuff to make the game [end joke voice]

no, I don't expect you to sell any of it. If you amassed that large of a collection, I don't think you could part with any of it.

Hey im lashing, i will admit, and you may not feel it here but im calmer now than i was, ask my freinds, still HURT, but calmer.

But if i had some of the real names of the people that dropped the ball on this one, the people that didnt have a "plan B" as mentioned before, a better location, knowing that it wasnt going to work any way seeing us all slipping and sliding breaking our ankels and knees at the Astrodumb!!!

Come on, i hope some one got fired, i wouldnt tolerate such bafoonary were i work!!!

But all i have is the face and the name Shatner, Bill, and Like i said before, i love Tom to much to blame him and cant see that in all his WISDOM, that he would do somthing like this to all us here.

so to the people who really screwed us here, i mean you the most when i say say thanks, and you are all in my prayers tonight.

Eric :hail:

Glickman
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
hey fat chicks need love too... but they gotta pay ;)

eric i have the perfect solution to your misdirected anger.

LARPing...

shatner must defend an AO sized army :D :headbang: :clap:

he can have manboobs or something

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
You are a friggen trip!!! LOL

what is, now i know this is going to hurt, Larping?

Eric

Glickman
04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
not diversifying in your thread reading eh? :p

Live Action Role Play

http://www.dagorhir.org/images/battles/hunting.jpg

http://www.darkonthemovie.com/darkon_video.html

:rofl:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
See it hurt, made me look stupid to the term!!!

Ok, got ya, if it will put a game on the friggen calendar, your on!

Bill against AO, think that was what we were going to do in the first place, think they will go for it in another pitch idea?

maybe we can confuse them into thinking they are smarter than we are and they will put the game back on?

yeah, yeah, thats the ticket! confuse them!!! a plan!!!! we got a plan now!!!
Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 08:52 PM
and i havent heard from Tina yet, so either the pics i sent her were to big, no good, not impressive enough for her, or she just doesnt want to get involved anymore?

Tina?

Glickman
04-18-2005, 09:12 PM
and i havent heard from Tina yet, so either the pics i sent her were to big, no good, not impressive enough for her, or she just doesnt want to get involved anymore?

Tina?

COME BACK TINA! I MADE YOU A MUFFIN!

Tina
04-18-2005, 09:43 PM

Tina?

I'm getting there Eric...right now I'm juggling 16 emails, a live chat and an IM....you're email is in there somewhere! LOL

Tina
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
COME BACK TINA! I MADE YOU A MUFFIN!

Did someone say muffin??? ::drools::

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 09:46 PM
you cant leave me hanging here, that not fair, you now how i am with that from past dealings with me!!!!!!

dont get me begging!!!!!

Glickman
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
you cant leave me hanging here, that not fair, you now how i am with that from past dealings with me!!!!!!

dont get me begging!!!!!

its no wonder tina does display her aim sn :rofl:

btw. did noone get the rvb reference? :p

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 09:57 PM
its no wonder tina does display her aim sn :rofl:

btw. did noone get the rvb reference? :p

not fair, im not that bad, i hope?

and here we go again, RVB?

Tina
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM

dont get me begging!!!!!

2 more emails and the chat is almost over. I promise a full report soon!

Tina
04-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Okay, Okay! Very impressive Eric! Actually, I have a lot of the same stuff! LOL Especially the plates and Enterprise models...Spplat poster...autographed pics. Yup...looks like some of my stuff! ;)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Thank you, I am glad you liked it. So dont any one ever question my LOVE for the BILL.....

And that is why i am so HURT....

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-18-2005, 10:15 PM
I can go in there and just veg some days, wishing life were as nice as STAR TREK!

Tina
04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Thank you, I am glad you liked it. So dont any one ever question my LOVE for the BILL.....

And that is why i am so HURT....

Eric

Well, I would have liked to have seen him too, but I may get anothr chance when I'm out in LA this summer.

Tassel Mask
04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Tina, are you a fan of William Shatner, or a friend of his? I mean I looked forward to seeing him ride around in his tank and goof on the crowd in his shat ways, but I don't expect to go to LA and ride horses with him after tea. I mean what contact do you have with him? Do you work for him.

I'm a lazy fan of his, not like eric. I just watch the twilight zone reruns in hope of seeing those 3 great shatner episodes. Can you name them?

T.M.

Tina
04-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Tina, are you a fan of William Shatner, or a friend of his? I mean I looked forward to seeing him ride around in his tank and goof on the crowd in his shat ways, but I don't expect to go to LA and ride horses with him after tea. I mean what contact do you have with him? Do you work for him.

I'm a lazy fan of his, not like eric. I just watch the twilight zone reruns in hope of seeing those 3 great shatner episodes. Can you name them?

T.M.

Nope, I've met him several times and I'm part of his website, but I'm sure he couldn't recall me to save his life. I'm going out to LA for other events and who knows? Maybe he'll show up at one of them. ;) As for riding horses...I love them but alas...they knock my back out! :eek:

Tassel Mask
04-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh Tina, the great thing about the internet is how impersonal it really is (if you want it to be).

Next time if I ask if you know a celeb, for the sake of entertainment, tell me their your cousine. LOL

Take care Tina
T.M.

Tina
04-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh Tina, the great thing about the internet is how impersonal it really is (if you want it to be).

Next time if I ask if you know a celeb, for the sake of entertainment, tell me their your cousine. LOL

Take care Tina
T.M.

Well...I do know a few reality stars... ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Dragonomine/R4D2005002.jpg

Tassel Mask
04-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Wow! you know Bruce Willis?

T.M.

Tina
04-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Wow! you know Bruce Willis?

T.M.

:rofl: Bruce Willis is much shorter!

Ragtop1968
04-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Hmmm, no where is warmer then Florida in the winter. hint. hint.

Fellow Shanterballers,

I am afraid what you are hearing here is simply not true and as usual people are jumping to conclusions.

First off in the interview IF YOU LISTEN CAREFULLY Bill says we couldn't do it in the Astrodome which is true. This has made us late on getting something together for Labor Day which is also true. We ARE trying to put something together for the end of the year in a warm place due to this delay.

I was on the phone with Bill YESTERDAY talking about this years event. We ARE planning on making it happen.

The fact we raised 17,000 is only PART of the money raised which Bill with his hectic schedule has forgotten about. We gave an additional $10,470 to the police charity the 100 Club of Cook County and Patrick and Dianne gave an additional 5,000 out of their own pocket of which 2,320 went to Ahead with Horses charity. So all total we raised over 30k for charity from an event with less than 1000 people.

You have now heard it directly from me and MXS who are the owners of Celebrity Paintball with Bill. How about we promote this info across the net as fast as the bad news travels.

Thanks,

Celebrity Paintball

Ragtop1968
04-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok, let me try and sell this one more time.

Ocala, FL is HORSE country. I know horses don't play paintball, but a large number of extremely rich horse owners would be interested in a celebrity horse related charity. Rich Horse owners like Charlotte Weber. The Cambell Soup heiress, who lives in Ocala, has a horse running in the Kentucky Derby this year.

The evening before the paintball game, a catered celebrity meet-and-greet/auction could be held in the conference room at the Steinbrenners Ramada Inn http://www.ocalaramadaatsteinbrenners.com/hotelhome/

Wayne's World has a LONG history of not just scenario games (Wayne is credited with inventing the 24 hour scenario game) but BIG scenario games. There is no learning curve with them, they know how to handle the traffic.

John Travolta, who also calls Ocala home, is probably a longshot for general, but you never know until you ask. I still like my V.I.P.E.R. VS M.O.N.G.O.O.S.E. organization idea I posted here a while back.

And of course the Florida weather is incredibly hospitable. Billions of tourist and snowbirds can not be wrong.

I can not see how any other place in the United States has all these key elements in one place.

Tassel Mask
04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I think the players are beyond guessing where it will be. Ballers just want a location and date; we're already ready to throw paint.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-22-2005, 09:11 PM
I think the players are beyond guessing where it will be. Ballers just want a location and date; we're already ready to throw paint.

No Friggen way I am playing this game again, after the last roll of the dice!!!!!

Who cares what they decide this time, like it matters, like they care about us, if they did they wouldnt have shafted us the first round!

They probably decide to try to have it on a ferry boat tilting on a rolling bus, cause it would be different and have no back up plan.

Tassel Mask
04-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Where do you come up with these lines man? I mean "ferry tilting on a rolling bus." They are clever, silly and so full of your hate. Dude, still, they are kinda funny. That did make me laugh.

Maybe you should think about changing your Screen Name to Eric of Extreme Displeasure.

T.M

Glickman
04-24-2005, 09:46 AM
god help anyone who stands between eric and shatner ;)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-24-2005, 06:41 PM
How many times do i hae to tell you people it is not Hate! Hate is a strong word that i would and do not use very often.

Pain, Hurt, Sad, Lost and the fact that others are ready to just start up guessing where the event is going to be now, makes me laugh...

They say they needed more people to make it work, right? they had better do a better job to get us to it...

Eric, Hurt, Sad, lost, NOT Haten the man, just pitty the man...

Glickman
04-24-2005, 09:33 PM
People killing people dying
Children hurtin you hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach
Would you turn the other cheek?
Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?

msprince
04-25-2005, 06:48 AM
NICE,
I like the Black Eyed Peas too but I don't think they'll be playing at Shatnerball :rofl:

Tassel Mask
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
So msprince, you have information about BIPs not comming to the next event. Any ideas on who else wont be there?

OK, so as far as I know BIP's and Eric won't be there.

Thanks for the info and dont ever take anything I say seriously. Reason being I'm "Fickle!"

For all my Fickle friends out there in AO, happy April 27 everyone.

T.M.