PDA

View Full Version : Brass eagle....ref: hAIR Trigger

matmc89
04-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Their making the "hAIR trigger", not sure what it will be called by them.
Here (http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&topic_id=11&page_id=351)

WARPED1
04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, it says they're working with PTP. PTP's been working on a pneu trigger forever now. :rolleyes:

CKY_Alliance
04-06-2005, 08:19 PM
So is it exclusivley for mags or like universal kinda?I dotn know how many people that have been waiting forever for it will buy it because the brass eagle stigma that comes with it..

Duzzy
04-06-2005, 08:31 PM
PTP has been doing stuff with Brass Eagle through Viewloader for a while now. I think they are using the "Viewloader" name and markers because there is less of an association with low end junk. Although early Brass Eagle stuff was supposed to be quite nice... It just changed...

NUCKING FUTS!
04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Wait... so the PTP pneuframes are gonna be marketed with the BE name on them?

WTF????

This just really turned me off...

personman
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
This is actually very smart for ptp to do.. if they start making these kits for brass eagle or sell the idea somehow to them, they could make ALOT of money.

And if you honestly wont buy a product just because it says brass eagle on it, you need to grow up. Seriously. Would you buy a product designed by tom kaye that was sold to brass eagle?

Duzzy
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I doubt it, I think that there will be special frames for BE and Viewloader guns with the PTP Frame on them, just with a different name.

PTP Regulator (http://www.vlproseries.com/bfoasakit.html)

Something like this, the provide it as an upgrade (it is an actual PTP part) but don't really mention that it is a PTP product except at the very bottom. So it will probably be a PTP product advertised as a BE upgrade.

I still think one will come out for the mag with the PTP name on it.

Chronobreak
04-06-2005, 09:11 PM
us mag onwers are probly going to be the last to see this technology..as usual

i wouldnt get too excited..i just cant picture a BE gun thats worthwhile with a pneu frame..

as long as the qaulit of the frame doesnt suffer i dont mind. BE has made a few nice things..very few ..but yeah.. :headbang:

ICP
04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't believe they are "selling" the product to BE. They are letting then USE the design to put on veiwloader guns. RR even stated that the pneuframes will be on other guns, like BE, TIppmann, etc. The good news from this is that they are being released. I still believe ;) the mag version are a few months off though.

Kevmaster
04-07-2005, 01:22 AM
my understanding, while only through a brief conversation with someone at BE, is that BE will be handling production and marketing of the frames. PTP, owning the patent will continue to design upgrades, but BE will be selling them. Let me get back to yall with some more info regarding these puppies.

I doubt you'll see one made by BE for a mag. Tats not their thing.

Wheelman
04-07-2005, 07:47 AM
The same people that knock BE because they make plastic guns are also the first people to get in line for an ion :tard: So they have some crap out thier big whoop, they got most of us into this sport and many more after us. My first gun was a tigershark my g/f bought me back in 97, I still have it, it still works and I married the one that gave it too me so they can't be all bad right?

peewee
04-07-2005, 08:28 AM
I could care less who's name is on it. As long as it works. But I do have to wonder if it will come out for the automag at all? I doubt it now. Why make parts for the competition? I figure you will see it out for the maxis line & cockers , thats it.

UTDragun
04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Why make parts for the competition?
bc it makes money

peewee
04-07-2005, 11:50 AM
With K2’s base product lines & volume making a mag frame probably won't pull down enough profit margin to warrant expenditures. But eliminating competitors the ability to supply one gives you an advantage. We can still hope but it definitely casts a heavy shadow of doubt.

undescriptive
04-07-2005, 11:58 AM
however, it will allow us to rob the frame of it's internals and then use them for our own nefarious means!! ;) :D

RRfireblade
04-07-2005, 12:03 PM
I think this has mostly been stated before but in a nut shell,

BE will be making the BE related frames,

WGP will be making the WGP related frames,

PTP will be making the Mag frame and any other frames we feel like. :)

PTP owns the Patent outright, BE (K2 ultimately) currently has an exclusive license to build which ever they see fit to build for the appropriate product lines.

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 01:16 PM
I think this has mostly been stated before but in a nut shell,

BE will be making the BE related frames,

WGP will be making the WGP related frames,

PTP will be making the Mag frame and any other frames we feel like. :)

PTP owns the Patent outright, BE (K2 ultimately) currently has an exclusive license to build which ever they see fit to build for the appropriate product lines.

Alright, would it really be a good idea to put another set of cocker Pnues on a cocker? In all honesty, I really don't think it would.

JoshK
04-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Alright, would it really be a good idea to put another set of cocker Pnues on a cocker? In all honesty, I really don't think it would.

Why wouldn't it? The only problem with the front pnuematics is people mess with them. People won't (I dont see why atleast) mess with the trigger pnuematics...and I don't see any reason besides that you might be concerned.

Oh...and Fireblade...I would have posted that (well I didnt know about the part about be...but the other part I did :)) if you wouldnt have :p

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Why wouldn't it? The only problem with the front pnuematics is people mess with them. People won't (I dont see why atleast) mess with the trigger pnuematics...and I don't see any reason besides that you might be concerned.

Oh...and Fireblade...I would have posted that (well I didnt know about the part about be...but the other part I did :)) if you wouldnt have :p

Because people will mess with them... They will buy it, and play around with it just to see what they can do, then they will decide to send it in, complain about manufacturer defects, and generally make a pain for everyone in the world.

RRfireblade
04-07-2005, 02:22 PM
There 'aint' nothing "Cocker 'Pneus" about this grip frame so let me ask you this....

Would you want a Cocker that's as fast as any legal electro, uses no batteries, is impossible to shortstroke and (eventually) never needs to be re-timed?

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 02:27 PM
There 'aint' nothing "Cocker 'Pneus" about this grip frame so let me ask you this....

Would you want a Cocker that's as fast as any legal electro, uses no batteries, is impossible to shortstroke and (eventually) never needs to be re-timed?

I was under the impression that a ram toggled the sear, it has an LPR, and there was some sort of 4-way used on it as well. If I am mistaken please forgive me, mechanical things never mix well with me.

Sure a cocker like that would be awesome, as long as it was quality. And if it never needed to be timed that would be cool as well. But the majority of people I see buy a cocker for the first time generally mess around with it (myself included) and end up de-timing it or generally messing something up (once again myself included).

tony3
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Looks like it will be another flop. Maybe it will sell, but seeing this in the hands of numerous tourney players? I doubt it. Who knows, BE has lots of money to offer pro players.

buzzboy
04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
This is from jamesbaldwin on the PCOG forums. I think that it is even cooler.
http://home.comcast.net/~jamesmbaldwin/DSCN2859.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~jamesmbaldwin/DSCN2860.JPG

RRfireblade
04-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I was under the impression that a ram toggled the sear, it has an LPR, and there was some sort of 4-way used on it as well. If I am mistaken please forgive me, mechanical things never mix well with me.

Sure a cocker like that would be awesome, as long as it was quality. And if it never needed to be timed that would be cool as well. But the majority of people I see buy a cocker for the first time generally mess around with it (myself included) and end up de-timing it or generally messing something up (once again myself included).

It is a pnuematic device, no question. But there's very little in common with what's hanging off the front of an Autcocker. That not withstanding, those parts of an Autococker are some of the most reliable and durable parts in paintball. It is the user that does create the majority of problems most of the time but that can be true of any product.The difference is people have always been encouraged to change ,replace,tune and otherweise "upgrade" thier Autocockers right out of the box and when it's rarely ever needed. that also is true of many other markers,there's just less exposed stuff on others to 'Fix". :)

But either way, some will like and some won't.

Choices...mmmm, it's a good thing. ;)

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 02:57 PM
The difference is people have always been encouraged to change ,replace,tune and otherweise "upgrade" thier Autocockers right out of the box and when it's rarely ever needed. that also is true of many other markers,there's just less exposed stuff on others to 'Fix". :)

But either way, some will like and some won't.

Choices...mmmm, it's a good thing. ;)

Agreed.

Personally, if someone makes a "High Quality" PnueFrame for Autocockers it will be a serious consideration for an upcoming Merlin project.

peewee
04-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info RRfireblade!!!! So my only question is where do I prepay PTP ??? In other words get them to setup a link on the store site so I can send them my money!!!!!

Lohman446
04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Would you want a Cocker that's as fast as any legal electro, uses no batteries, is impossible to shortstroke and (eventually) never needs to be re-timed? Added: But has no proactive anti-chop feature

NO

Not to knock the system, there is a lot of work that went into it, and it has a definite application. I will answer for myself only.

NoForts4Me
04-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Looks like it will be another flop. Maybe it will sell, but seeing this in the hands of numerous tourney players? I doubt it. Who knows, BE has lots of money to offer pro players.
If tourney players were the only ones buying markers, this *may* hold true. However, if what tourney players bought was the only thing to guage a products' success or failure on, Tippmann and Kingman would have shut down years ago.

I think the amount of interest in PTP's product by the big players in the paintball industry tells us that this is something they think will be successful, otherwise they wouldn't be paying PTP for the rights. Based on this, I personally think it will take off.

RRfireblade
04-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Amazing Tippmann hasn't gone under since no Pros shoot thier stuff. :D

tony3
04-07-2005, 03:50 PM
If tourney players were the only ones buying markers, this *may* hold true. However, if what tourney players bought was the only thing to guage a products' success or failure on, Tippmann and Kingman would have shut down years ago.

I think the amount of interest in PTP's product by the big players in the paintball industry tells us that this is something they think will be successful, otherwise they wouldn't be paying PTP for the rights. Based on this, I personally think it will take off.

The hAir trigger, definitely seemed aimed more towards getting mags back into the swing of tournies, this doesn't seem like it.

JoshK
04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
NO

Not to knock the system, there is a lot of work that went into it, and it has a definite application. I will answer for myself only.

There are anti-chop bolts out on the market for autocockers...how well they work I can't tell you.

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 05:50 PM
The ones from JAM, or at least the one I owned worked very very well. How well the "Kingman ACS" bolts work I have no idea. Personally I hope they are giving JAM money and not the other way around.

Lohman446
04-07-2005, 05:55 PM
The ones from JAM, or at least the one I owned worked very very well. How well the "Kingman ACS" bolts work I have no idea. Personally I hope they are giving JAM money and not the other way around.

LX - JAM bolts = REactive chop solution, not proactive

ICP
04-07-2005, 05:56 PM
The hAir trigger, definitely seemed aimed more towards getting mags back into the swing of tournies, this doesn't seem like it.

Unless of course, they realized that other big companies would pay them X amount of money to use the same design. Then IMO it wouldn't have been just for mags anymore. PTP is out to make money (like any company, even SP). Is it "nice" to not let anyone else release the same basic design you have patented? NO, but being "nice" doesn't pay the bills and put food on the table. I am not necessarily comparing PTP to SP as I don't know the whole story behind either cases. I'm just looking at this from a business POV.

Duzzy
04-07-2005, 05:57 PM
This is true, but no batteries... No failure due to rain or mud or a short. So in the end it balances out. I don't think a mech gun will ever really fire as fast as an electro with eyes. But with a good loader I don't think there will be that much of a noticable difference. Besides, you won't have paint in your barrel, or your feedtube, or your bolt. That is something to be happy about.

tony3
04-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Unless of course, they realized that other big companies would pay them X amount of money to use the same design. Then IMO it wouldn't have been just for mags anymore. PTP is out to make money (like any company, even SP). Is it "nice" to not let anyone else release the same basic design you have patented? NO, but being "nice" doesn't pay the bills and put food on the table. I am not necessarily comparing PTP to SP as I don't know the whole story behind either cases. I'm just looking at this from a business POV.

What I was saying had nothing to do with DW vs. PTP. Well I guess it did in a small way, I didn't say anything to the degree of being nice or anything, just saying how both are being shown to the public, seemed like the hAir was being advertised more towards tourney/serious players.

ICP
04-07-2005, 06:06 PM
What I was saying had nothing to do with DW vs. PTP. Well I guess it did in a small way, I didn't say anything to the degree of being nice or anything, just saying how both are being shown to the public, seemed like the hAir was being advertised more towards tourney/serious players.

Sorry, misunderstood you. Thought you were saying the "hair" was going to be ONLY for mags.

rabidchihauhau
04-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Duzzy said "I don't think a mech gun will ever really fire as fast as an electro with eyes."

LOL

Duzzy
04-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Duzzy said "I don't think a mech gun will ever really fire as fast as an electro with eyes."

LOL

Why is that funny? Think about it this way.

+ A blind marker misfeeds, the bolt stops on the ball (hopefully) then moves back, then cycles once more to fire the ball.

+ A marker with eyes misfeeds but it waits for the ball (in theory) then cycles once.

If the bolt has to stop on each ball that misfeeds that takes more time to move part of the way forward and then back again as opposed to waiting until the ball is loaded and then cycling one complete time.

I think it makes sense, it may come very close but I honestly think that a mech won't beat out a marker with eyes.

Also, this is mech, so would it fall under the 15 bps rule? If so how would you enforce it? And no ramping?? How will people survive. The last was a joke, but the 15 bps was a real concern.

yakitori
04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I have a joke.

Two brothers, Pete and Repeat, were in a boat, Pete falls out.....whos left?

:cool:

Duzzy
04-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I have a joke.

Two brothers, Pete and Repeat, were in a boat, Pete falls out.....whos left?

:cool:

Answer:

Two brothers, Pete and Repear, were in a boat, Pete falls out.....who's left?

yakitori
04-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Answer:

Two brothers, Pete and Repear, were in a boat, Pete falls out.....who's left?

actually the answer is Repeat, then I repeat that. :p

That is an aceptable answer though.

I know...I know...it wasnt funny. :rolleyes: :D