PDA

View Full Version : Longest Spring? Trigger Stick ?

Physco
04-06-2005, 10:32 PM
my gun came with the Shortest spring on it, with UlT already installed.. i had to fiddle with it to get it going. but i want to use the longest spring. they say better on Fragile paint. so ive tried the sping but the bolt..well Sticks, well kinda. i dont get any pressure behind the Trigger so i cant shoot it. and im pretty sure the bolt is cocked.. i can add shims but i dunno if that will help . any help ? thx!

indulgence
04-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Was going to post it in my own words, but I guess those are better than mine :D . btw this is your 666th post. not that its a bad thing...

Physco
04-07-2005, 02:06 AM
ya i got it working tho. i just watched that video and it turned out i had 0 shims. the 0 carrier and the shortest spring. and it worked.

so i ended up with

1.5 carrier ~1 leaked...
2 shims

and it worked.. had horrid recharge on the trigger. like 10 secs. but i cranked up the velocity and it worked better. i will re chrono at the field. although the trigger seems stiff. i will try add a shim to the Ult this weekend to see if its lightened up ^^ :dance:

athomas
04-07-2005, 02:45 PM
If the recharge is taking a long time, it is possible that you are getting bolt stick. Make sure you change the carrier sizes without any shims installed.

A stiff trigger usually indicates a high chamber pressure = high velocity.