PDA

View Full Version : idea for a more comfortable emag foregrip

Jotsy
04-07-2005, 06:34 AM
i dunno where to put this really... doesn't seem tech enough to go in workshop so i'll put this here

has anybody ever thought of making rubber wrap around grips for the batt housing on e/xmags? they'd just be the slip on kind like the bike handle foregrip... i'd def get me one of those.. right now i have tennis racket grip tape round my batt housing...

Creative Mayhem
04-07-2005, 06:36 AM
That has been done, as well as replacing the center section of aluminum with resin. Very cool, but wasn't cost effective or in high demand.

TheTramp
04-07-2005, 11:04 AM
I've read the phrase "cost effective" arounf 5 posts today. Is it the phrase of the day of somehitng? ;)

JAM
04-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I think that the emag battery housing is way too big as is, so adding a layer of rubber around it wouldn't help matters.

buzzboy
04-07-2005, 02:44 PM
I was just wondering, what kind of voltage does it take to run an x-valve. If it isn't that much wouldn't it be possibe to make a round foregrip that used smaller batteries.

johnson88
04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
18v but with ult 9v

TheTramp
04-07-2005, 03:18 PM
It take a lot of power to throw that huge noid. That's why the pack are so big to begin with. Smaller battery pack would drasticly reduce the number of shots per charge.

I've got big hands so I like the pack the way it is.

undescriptive
04-07-2005, 03:52 PM
with the advance of battery technology as it has been over the last 10 years or so, there are now some very high power batteries in a small package...

I saw some that are sub C cells that are 6V a piece (should be about forgrip sized - especially carbonfiber foregrip sized ;) ) that could possibly be suitable - when I get my X I might have a look and see what I can do, but it was just a thought....