PDA

View Full Version : AOL Users - Retail Customers and Dealers - Take Note

AGD-OfficeGal
04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
For the last couple of weeks we have been unable to send any email from our office to any AOL email addresses. I've been informed that acknowledgments from the internet store, which bear my return address but come from a different IP address, *are* getting through - but as far as I can tell, nothing sent out from our office to AOL is.

Our computer support people are mystified so this means I'm going to have to go to AOL who will probably tell us we've been identified as spammers (if I can get them to talk to me at all). I don't know how long this will take, especially because I don't have time to sit on the phone endlessly with AOL. So let me offer a couple of suggestions:

(1) Get a real ISP
(2) Get a Hotmail or Yahoo account for use with AGD-USA internet store orders.

Dealers who are waiting for emails with attachments are either going to have to get a real ISP or call and ask us to mail/fax the missing items. Our fax machine is older than dirt and very slow; take this into account before requesting that over a couple of pages long to you.

:mad: :cuss:

Mother of Dragons

JoshK
04-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Here are links for those who need them.

Hotmail (https://register.msnia.passport.net/reg.srf?msppjph=1&tw=20&ns=msn.com&kpp=2&lc=1033&sl=1&cbid=24325&id=2&svc=mail&rollrs=11&id=2)

Yahoo (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_register?.v=&.intl=&new=1&.done=&.src=ym&.partner=&.p=&promo=&.last=)

Or you can ask me or other people with Gmail to send you a invite if you want one.

FSU_Paintball
04-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I believe Gmail is now public; so go ahead and register. Tons of space and a fast interface makes it good for use like this.

www.gmail.com

johnson88
04-07-2005, 03:19 PM
doesnt have anything about registering that i saw

FSU_Paintball
04-07-2005, 03:57 PM
You're right, I don't see a link... I know I saw the story on Slashdot that it was going public a couple weeks ago though...

hitech
04-07-2005, 06:17 PM
If you want gmail, PM or email me.

NoForts4Me
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
I've got 50 invites to Gmail if anyone needs an account. PM me if interested.

ColdFuzion
04-14-2005, 08:21 PM
50 G-Mail invites, drop a line.

-Cold