PDA

View Full Version : Emag Sound.

Maggot6
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Alright, a few short hours after the excitement that "hey I have an emag" left me, I figured out that it was a bit louder than my classic mag. And not a bit, about 1.5X as loud. And for some reason I figure that a gun, that is based on the same design, and costs a fair bit more should not be that loud. Have any of you noticed this? Or is my gun just louder than usual...

Boydster
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Are you using the same barrel? Or maybe the velocity is too high, or you were used to the Classic mag's velocity being too low? There are plenty of factors here.

deathstalker
04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Are you using paint? Are you outdoors?

undescriptive
04-08-2005, 03:31 AM
I own several mags, and I have to say that my ULE bodied X-valved mag is MUCH loder than the SS bodied RT valved mag...

Probably due to the fact that SS can absorb the vibrations better (and it's much thicker than the Alu)

eightball
04-08-2005, 05:02 AM
I actually had a SS minimag with a classic valve and a Dye stainless steel barrel, and now own a ULE body x-valved mag.

My SS minimag was much louder than my xvalve mag. So i'm pretty sure the aluminum and the stainless steel isn't the fact. It may just be that he was shooting it indoors as well as having too high of a velocity because he hasn't chronoed yet