PDA

View Full Version : They ruined Cookie Monster!!!

nippinout
04-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Sesame Street has changed Cookie Monster so that he will promote healthier eating.

link (http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/2005-03-30-sesame-street-healthy_x.htm)

How could they take my favorite Muppet and remove his entire purpose in life. Cookie Monster is obsessed with eating cookies, now what will he do!??!!? His appetite for cookies is insatiable. The only way I could ever imagine Cookie Monster advocating the eating of fruits and vegetables is when they are in cookie form. Oatmeal raisin cookies have fruit in them, da?

"Cookies are a sometimes food." -Cookie Monster WHY!!!!!! :cry:

If Cookie Monster had to pick between a poisonous cookie of death, or a cucumber, he would take the cookie with a big grin on his goofy face.

That's not the same Cookie Monster that I watched as a kid. I didn't turn out all that overweight.

C is not for Carrot. C IS FOR COOKIE!!!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303541631.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

First the HIV muppet:
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/29081.jpg

What's next?

R.I.P. Cookie Monster

In his honor, I'm going to eat an entire Girl Scout troupe.

SpecialBlend2786
04-08-2005, 01:54 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

i am deeply saddened :cry:

nippinout
04-08-2005, 02:00 AM
I just found this: link (http://www.sesame-encyclopedia.com/Alphabet/SesameC/CookieMonster'sSister.html)

Cookie Monster has a little sister, but she was sort of fired.

She loves to eat, but she preferred fruits and vegetables. Bring the sister back on.
http://www.sesame-encyclopedia.com/Alphabet/SesameC/CookieMonster'sSister.jpg

ScatterPlot
04-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Ahhh!

Well I guess something had to be done. There are WAY too many little fat kids around here these days.

Vex
04-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Ahhh!

Well I guess something had to be done. There are WAY too many little fat kids around here these days.

Why don't they make a muppet who likes to play his PS2 or Xbox for only an hour a day, then he likes to go outside and get some exercise?

They wouldn't have to worry so much about a cookie if they would send the right message to kids: Get off of your lazy bums, you lazy bums!

danheneise
04-08-2005, 03:24 AM
wow how lame. ok now yes there are many overweight kids out there, but they're not the ones who will really care about their own weight and health. making cookie monster a vegitarian will just confuse the kids. the parents need to wake up and make their kids eat properly along with them selves eating properly to make a good example for their kids

quik
04-08-2005, 03:37 AM
They should make the cookie monster homsexual

C is for !

danheneise
04-08-2005, 03:41 AM
and make our kids gay? no thanks

RevBrown
04-08-2005, 04:31 AM
I am stunned.
Let the kids be kids damnit. It wasn't Cookie Monster that turned me into a fat ***. It was Ronald McDonald.

Creative Mayhem
04-08-2005, 06:52 AM
It wasn't Cookie Monster that turned me into a fat ***. It was Ronald McDonald.

BWAHAHAHAAAA... True dat! :rofl:

Lohman446
04-08-2005, 07:03 AM
:confused: Isn't the base concept of the Cookie Monster that he likes cookies?... and folks, notice the Cookie monster was kinda fat.... lets learn a new word today kids ASSOCIATION

fire1811
04-08-2005, 11:39 AM
I hate political correctness

Lohman446
04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
I say we protest, by loading whatever servers they use with e-mail... like hundreds each expressing our discontent :D

Enraged Monk
04-08-2005, 01:12 PM
As a fat kid (im actually fluffy, but hey) im appalled. Its not the cookies making me fat, they arent helping, but its not them, its that the only exercise i get is from wrestling, and paintball, and the occasional game of basketball with a few friends.

Anyway, lets eat like all the cookies you can tomarrow in honor of the greatest perso...thing...who ever lived.

Lohman446
04-08-2005, 01:16 PM
As a fat kid (im actually fluffy, but hey) im appalled. Its not the cookies making me fat, they arent helping, but its not them, its that the only exercise i get is from wrestling, and paintball, and the occasional game of basketball with a few friends.

Anyway, lets eat like all the cookies you can tomarrow in honor of the greatest perso...thing...who ever lived.

You know what, your right. I had a box of girl scout cookies I bought (though I personally don't eat junk food) because I had to say yes to my kid selling them. Now.. in protest I am going to eat them. And when I go into shock from all the sugar... someone's going to sue Sesame Street for forcing me into this protest :D SCORE

Python14
04-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Sad. Just real sad.

Jackel411
04-08-2005, 02:20 PM
' C IS FOR CATASTROPHY! "

NOOOOOOO There goes my child hood memories of good old CM , freaking out and going on something verging on a coke binge of cookie eating..

DAMN FATTIES!

On a side note.. me being born in 1983 an what not.. I was around all sorts of " not favorable TV by todays standards.. and look at me.. Im normal albiet a bit synical and sarcastic but you dont see me throwing snake spears , and trying to make my mini van into a 30 foot tall robot that shoots lazers , and I even dont dye my skin bright colors hang out on clouds and get chased by? Crud.. I dont know I never watched care bares..

Hasty8
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM

That's like saying letting you watch over kids will make them stupid.

You can't make kids gay.

kosmo
04-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Ahhh!

I guess you didnt read the post back a little about them finding tyrannosaurus blood to clone with :argh:

Bulldog
04-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Carrot Monster seems kinda phallic to me. But then again maybe SpongeBob turned me gay...

ICP
04-08-2005, 10:28 PM
The death of all childhood favorites of the 80's are dying. :cry:

Lohman446
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
That's like saying letting you watch over kids will make them stupid.

You can't make kids gay.

There is not good proof that ones sexual orientation is genetic and not learned....

that being said I'm done with the discussion of it in this thread, I just think its something to keep in mind

stondroopy
04-09-2005, 08:06 AM
there really isnt a H.I.V. muppet is there?

skife
04-09-2005, 08:30 AM
poor cookie monster

SIGSays
04-09-2005, 12:39 PM
he been eating cookies since i was born... so that make him a cookie addict rright?

there only teaching kids.. you can be addicted to drugs... and kick it over night... haha

Lee
04-09-2005, 02:52 PM
there really isnt a H.I.V. muppet is there?

yes there is. i first learned about the hiv muppet while talking with this hot girl. she mentioned it and i laughed and said no way, thats just sad. she turned out to be a social worker that specialized in childrens issues.

guess who struck out w/ the hottie.......

AGD202
04-09-2005, 03:14 PM
guess who struck out w/ the hottie.......

The HIV Muppet? :clap:

SAW
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
I am stunned.
Let the kids be kids damnit. It wasn't Cookie Monster that turned me into a fat ***. It was Ronald McDonald.
Just awsome.

Lee
04-09-2005, 05:47 PM
The HIV Muppet? :clap:

DOH!

slade
04-09-2005, 08:06 PM
I am stunned.
hahahahahaha, i wish i still had my sig cause that would go in it.

yes of course, cause everyone knows seeing a gay muppet will make a kid gay. and everyone knows that being gay is wrong :rolleyes:

There is not good proof that ones sexual orientation is genetic and not learned...
true, but from everything that ive seen and heard, it seems to not be an influence of surroundings... and definately not tv shows.

Lohman446
04-09-2005, 08:30 PM
true, but from everything that ive seen and heard, it seems to not be an influence of surroundings... and definately not tv shows.

There is as much evidence indicating that sexual orientation is a result of upbringing / surroundings as there is to indicate that it is genetic. Theres actually a lot of information that supports both sides of the argument.

Hasty8
04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
There is as much evidence indicating that sexual orientation is a result of upbringing / surroundings as there is to indicate that it is genetic. Theres actually a lot of information that supports both sides of the argument.

More ignorant words have never been spoken.

If upbringing has anything what so ever with sexual persuasion, then where are all the homosexuals coming from? The only thing upbringing could possibly effect is the proclivity of sexual acts.

In other words, an abusive parent will likely produce an abusive child whereas a nurturing and doting family will result in a likewise nurturing and caring child. Occasionaly there are exceptions to the rule. Klebold is one example but here, while the parents were not so much abusive they were "Absent" and that let their child grow up in a vacuum, bereft of moral guidance by the parents.

If upbringing had anything to do with sexual persuation then why are all these heterosexual families having homosexual children? Does this mean that by letting my son sleep in my bed he will somehow "become gay"? This is patently stupid in the extreme.

Your concept is like the old belief that two midgets will have midget children. Further proof of the invalidity of this claim is the very low occurance of homosexually raised children actually being homosexual. :tard:

Lohman446
04-11-2005, 03:25 PM
More ignorant words have never been spoken.

If upbringing has anything what so ever with sexual persuasion, then where are all the homosexuals coming from? The only thing upbringing could possibly effect is the proclivity of sexual acts.

In other words, an abusive parent will likely produce an abusive child whereas a nurturing and doting family will result in a likewise nurturing and caring child. Occasionaly there are exceptions to the rule. Klebold is one example but here, while the parents were not so much abusive they were "Absent" and that let their child grow up in a vacuum, bereft of moral guidance by the parents.

If upbringing had anything to do with sexual persuation then why are all these heterosexual families having homosexual children? Does this mean that by letting my son sleep in my bed he will somehow "become gay"? This is patently stupid in the extreme.

Your concept is like the old belief that two midgets will have midget children. Further proof of the invalidity of this claim is the very low occurance of homosexually raised children actually being homosexual. :tard:

Show me the proof its genetic then. The fact of the matter is the argument is available to be made. What of identical twins where one is homosexual and one is not - which there are plenty of documented occurences of? Mearly attacking on argument does not strengthen yours :D . What of people who "turn" homosexual? Was that genetics just suddenly clicking? Many of these people do not acknowledge any homosexual tendencies before they "turn". There are problems in both arguments - nurture or nature. I would like to think that we could keep an open mind to it, rather than attacking and belittling any viewpoing that may not be the same as ours. Then again, maybe I'm just :tard: . And thats why we're not allowed to have "adult" discussions on these boards, some of our members are simply not... n/m. I respect your viewpoint, but I think you need to, absent of proof, keep an open mind to other alternatives. :cheers:

Edit: after reviewing both sides my personal opinion is that people are born bi-sexual, and that external influences effect there orientation. Its not overly supported, but I beleive it borrows some of the strengths from arguments of both nurture and nature. Are there times when we cannot determine what those external influences are - sure, but life is not lived in a vacuum with all variables defined.

I took your words "more ignorant words have never been spoken" the use of :tard: , etc as a personal attack. While I enjoy debate, I enjoy it for the sake of debate, not for the chance to launch personal attacks at anyone. The purpose of debate is to learn, and it requires an open mind to get the most from it.

gimp
04-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm no science person, but if being homosexual is genetic, doesn't that conflict with the theory of natural selection?

stondroopy
04-11-2005, 06:02 PM
wow all this from a fruit eating cookie monster :D

pumaking
04-13-2005, 09:19 PM
at my job we have a ice cream in his honor called cookie monster filled with homemade cookies.

nippinout
04-13-2005, 10:38 PM
at my job we have a ice cream in his honor called cookie monster filled with homemade cookies.

My favorite combination at Cold Stone Creamery is Sweet Cream ice cream with real oatmeal cookies mixed in. Ben & Jerry's has an oatmeal cookie ice cream, but it is nowhere as good as the Cold Stone creation. Ben & Jerry's uses those fake oatmeal cookies similar to those that are used in those oatmeal cream pie cookies.

Cameo
04-13-2005, 10:57 PM
The parent is the one that makes the ultimate decision on what a child eats. Just think about it.. You are the one that buys the food in the house. if cookies are not avialble all the time then they can not be eaten. Keep things like candy cookies and sweet for special occations or eating out.
I remember waking up late one day to find my boy child (then 2 or 3) sitting in front of the tv, watching the seasame street alphabet video in his underware eating a bag of frozen chicken nuggets. (Does that make me a bad mother?) Anyhow the only thought that I had at the moment was "must be outta grapes". I was blessed to have a boy child that is a fruit and veggie baby. :p

~steph

danheneise
04-16-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm no science person, but if being homosexual is genetic, doesn't that conflict with the theory of natural selection?

i dunno, but i'm just amazed at how my sarcastic joke was taken so seriously :rolleyes:

slade
04-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Show me the proof its genetic then. The fact of the matter is the argument is available to be made. What of identical twins where one is homosexual and one is not - which there are plenty of documented occurences of? Mearly attacking on argument does not strengthen yours :D . What of people who "turn" homosexual? Was that genetics just suddenly clicking? Many of these people do not acknowledge any homosexual tendencies before they "turn". There are problems in both arguments - nurture or nature. I would like to think that we could keep an open mind to it, rather than attacking and belittling any viewpoing that may not be the same as ours. Then again, maybe I'm just :tard: . And thats why we're not allowed to have "adult" discussions on these boards, some of our members are simply not... n/m. I respect your viewpoint, but I think you need to, absent of proof, keep an open mind to other alternatives. :cheers:

Edit: after reviewing both sides my personal opinion is that people are born bi-sexual, and that external influences effect there orientation. Its not overly supported, but I beleive it borrows some of the strengths from arguments of both nurture and nature. Are there times when we cannot determine what those external influences are - sure, but life is not lived in a vacuum with all variables defined.

I took your words "more ignorant words have never been spoken" the use of :tard: , etc as a personal attack. While I enjoy debate, I enjoy it for the sake of debate, not for the chance to launch personal attacks at anyone. The purpose of debate is to learn, and it requires an open mind to get the most from it.
yeah old post, but i was away.

i definately agree with you on keeping an open mind, but not on your viewpoint. from everything i have seen (firsthand) it appears that sexual orientation is not learned. there is a guy i know who has two moms, he was adopted into the family, and he is straight. then there are the four people i know who are bi, and all have straight parents. and also a friend of mine has a friend who is bi, and recently his parents found out that he is bi and were mad at him for it, because they are both homophobic. so i dont exactly have evidence that homosexuality is genetic, but i have a lot that it is not learned.

Automaggot68
04-18-2005, 09:52 AM
http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2005/pvp20050408.gif

rbooker
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
check out this cookie monster :

https://umdrive.memphis.edu/rbooker/public/owned.jpg