PDA

View Full Version : Building a Better Mousetrap, er, Alarm Clock

ScatterPlot
04-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Well it's finally happened. I am being forced to make an alarm clock that is completely Bert-proof. I have conquered all forms of alarms, including buzzers, TV's, radios, CD's, multiples, across-the-rooms, etc. I got em all dead. Well I'm being late to a lot of my classes, and it just hit the point that I can be late one more time or I start being in SERIOUS crap to possibly lose some scholarshippage.

So what do I do?

Ebay of course!

I will be making a pneumatic dumping bed. Yes, in the mornings, if I am not up within a minute (or something) of a preset time, my bed will creep upwards until I fall out of it. I haven't gotten everything completely worked out yet, but I'll try to post some pics when I do!

BTW, until I get this done, do any of you have any good methods for getting up on time?

SpecialBlend2786
04-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Bwahahahahah :clap:

as for good methods of getting up on time.....i just dont get up :tard:

but check this out
http://bicillin.media.mit.edu/clocky/

nippinout
04-08-2005, 02:20 AM
My little sister added ropes to her room to trip on.

I would suggest drinking water before drinking. You either wake up, or pee yourself.

NigelF
04-08-2005, 02:24 AM
My suggestions:

- Get a dog
- Go to bed earlier
- Use some will power
- If you can get out of bed to turn the alarm clock off... dont get back into bed when its off

Lohman446
04-08-2005, 08:29 AM
I set my alarm clock on the other side of my room.. I have to get up. Since in college I had the top bunk, once you were up you might as well stay up.

Blazestorm
04-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Cellphone alarm? Put your cellphone across the room so eventually you'll have to get it.

Works for me most of the time, because it keeps ringing until you turn it off.

undescriptive
04-08-2005, 09:38 AM
attach electrodes to your testicles, so instead of a buzzer, you get the shock of your life first thing in the morning ;)

SpecialBlend2786
04-08-2005, 10:29 PM
attach electrodes to your testicles, so instead of a buzzer, you get the shock of your life first thing in the morning ;)

:eek: :cry: :(

Warewolf50
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Cellphone alarm? Put your cellphone across the room so eventually you'll have to get it.

Works for me most of the time, because it keeps ringing until you turn it off.

yea i alwasy use my cell phone alarm, the thing is loud as hell and never fails to wake me up, and never shuts up when i dont wanna.

tropical_fishy
04-08-2005, 11:23 PM
I got some of the FUNNIEST images reading this thread. And I want a Clocky.

Why don't you get a wife? That'll wake you up...

"Get up, get up, get up. You're going to be late for class. Get up, get up. If you loved me you'd get up. I guess that means you don't love me then. Get up, get up..." and so on.

And you can NEVER turn them off.

Lohman446
04-08-2005, 11:38 PM
I got some of the FUNNIEST images reading this thread. And I want a Clocky.

Why don't you get a wife? That'll wake you up...

"Get up, get up, get up. You're going to be late for class. Get up, get up. If you loved me you'd get up. I guess that means you don't love me then. Get up, get up..." and so on.

And you can NEVER turn them off.

I never worried about turning my ex off, it was turning her on that interested me :D

tropical_fishy
04-09-2005, 12:01 AM
I never worried about turning my ex off, it was turning her on that interested me :D

touché.

That's probably why she's your ex.

Chipper
04-09-2005, 06:13 PM
touché.

That's probably why she's your ex.
Sucka you got served.

(joking, had to be said.)

PyRo
04-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Sucka you got served.

I want to smack you for saying that.
And by smack I mean beat senseless.

mcdkid
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
well if you still have those other clocks,, here is a plan i came up with-

put one by you (warm up)

one by bathroom door (gets you moving over there)

one on the toilet (you have till it goes off to get showered and ready, add on time if you had some mexican food)

one by your school/work stuff (to get you over there and ready to head out)

ScatterPlot
04-10-2005, 12:40 AM
That's actually a pretty good idea. Problem is, the bathroom I use is located across the house from my bedroom :(. Maybe if I could get like a line of sensors on the way to the bathroom and I would have to push each one in order all the way to the shower, then I'm already there and stuff. If the alarm clock is simply across the room, well, I have defeated those easily; just get back in bed :sleeping:

mcdkid
04-11-2005, 04:27 PM
you could just hire some one to come by and wake you up then. i know a few people that would do it just for the fun of comming up with new ways to piss you off every morning. lol

AGD202
04-11-2005, 05:25 PM
ok here is how its done... get a loud 500 watt system... turn the alarm on on it and set it across the room... when u need to wake up... it will blare in ur face and u WILL wake up

OOORRRR quit being a puss and wake the :nono: up

ScatterPlot
04-13-2005, 01:24 AM
See, the problem is that nobody that doesn't have as hard a time getting up as I do just don't get it. I'm a lazy sack, and it's chronic. I can't get out of bed myself, so I use technology (read- 50 bucks worth of crap from Ebay :D)

WicKeD_WaYz
04-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Ya I cant wake up either I never get anywhere ontime in the mornings.

Automaggin2
04-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Ya I cant wake up either I never get anywhere ontime in the mornings.

You better change that or J.Tressel is gonna have your balls hanging by the goalposts.

onedude36
04-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I think I've heard of the tilting bed before. I use a cell phone by the way.

Carbon
04-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Mousetrap over the snooze button.

mark_1791
04-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Well, its a nice idea, but it wouldnt work on me. I would just fall asleep on the floor!

skife
04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
use the old school windup alarm with the bell.... i tell you what it'll scare the hell out of you in the mornings.

Enraged Monk
04-20-2005, 11:30 AM
You can also hire me, and I'll come into your bedroom and kick you in the stomach. All ninja like :ninja: .

I can also ride your pets into the sunset, or leave while flying on an umbrella...Thats right :D