PDA

View Full Version : Quest for the best 9.6 battery

SteelSoul
04-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey yall I am looking for a real good High output 9.6 NIMH battery.
Any idea how makes the best kind that will fit in my Booyaaah frame??

let me know

thanks

Chronobreak
04-08-2005, 10:13 AM
the ones that work on the spyderframes should work fine

SteelSoul
04-08-2005, 10:17 AM
OK that kewl but what kind are they I already went to Radio Shack and bought one and it was not the High Output nor the right size.
Any idea where to get a Slim battery that will fit??? :confused:

FSU_Paintball
04-08-2005, 12:03 PM
If standard 9v size fits, Maha or Tysonic, no question.

trains are bad
04-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I run maha powerex, they are actually a bit smaller than regulars, and they have lots of, shall we say, balls. I think they are better than regular 9vs in all ways. THey are lighter too. Some people say that they don't last as long as good disposable 9vs, and that's true, but you can recharge them, so they actually last 1000 times longer.

I never have trouble playing all day on one. When I ran disposables I insisted on using brand new ones at the beginning of each tournament because there is really no way to know how much they have left. These when I pick them off the charger I know for sure. Has helped my confidence a lot, I will never run disposables again, there is no reason to.

SteelSoul
04-08-2005, 12:17 PM
OK I am on my way to patinball mart and pick one up for 11$

thanks guys AO peeps are the best :headbang:

Destructo6
04-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Although the Mah is usually higher in alkaline batteries, NiMH will discharge further, which means that it will yeild more power. NiMH discharges about 80% of its capacity, whereas alkalines only discharge to about 50% or less.

IIRC, the Spyder 9.6v NiMH batteries are 170Mah.