PDA

View Full Version : Best Paintball store in NY/NJ AREA?

Magnus1028
11-21-2001, 07:59 PM
Looking for the best store that has the most selection and good personel to help answer questions.
Thanks

ralicea
11-21-2001, 09:43 PM
You can try MI Paintball in Long Branch (www.murderincpaintball.com) or Hector's Paintball Haven in Columbus NJ.

Maverick
11-21-2001, 09:55 PM
There are several stores on Long Island. Cousins Paintball has three stores, Island Paintball Supply has one and there's a nice shop in High Velocity Paintball (which is also a great indoor field). Check out these links...
Cousins Paintball (http://www.advantagepaintball.com)

Island Paintball Supply (http://www.islandpaintballny.homestead.com/intro.html)

High Velocity Paintball (http://highvelocitypaintball.com)

Thordic
11-21-2001, 11:01 PM
I've heard good things about Paintballistix in Jersey City (Its on Newark Ave. across from the Philipine Bread House). Never been there myself, though.

One thing I CAN tell you is don't go to ABC Paintball in Ramsey. The owner is a total prickly pear, and he has a habit of verbally abusing his staff and customers. The best employee he had quit a few months back. I refuse to deal with him anymore.

donggie
11-21-2001, 11:56 PM
If you are looking for service, they got it... if you are looking for prices that match or at least come damn close to Internet pricing, this is the place. I was there just this afternoon to pick up a couple odds and ends I needed immediately and was really surprised at some of the prices he has. Don't know how they do it but their are competitive with Internet pricing which is more than I can say for a couple other stores in this area. Also Anthony is very accommodating and will help you out everytime. You can call him and he's always there to help you to walk you thru it over the phone or work on it in the store. Great bunch of guys. A true paintball store owned and operated by paintball players for paintball players. You NEVER have to worry about someone behind the counter trying to put one over on you. See for yourself.

Don

11-22-2001, 09:59 AM
Cousins North Mt Kisco
Crazy Paint
Mad Macs (not that great of a selection but excellent service and good prices, also very nice peeps)

Mild 7
11-24-2001, 03:48 AM
I also agree that Island paintball is a great place to go. My friends having been buying from them for the past 10 years and they're pretty happy with the price, and especially the service you get with your money. My 1st encounter with them was this summer, I had to get my Nitroduck 114/3000 hydrotested for $30 'cause it's 3 years old. Then, I started looking at a ligher tank which carries the same and if not, more air. Anthony made a suggest for the Nitroduck Tuffskin 68/4500 series. The price tag on that was roughly around $250. I ended up paying about $180 with the trade-in and a few bucks off. I'm pretty happy with it and I go back to that store quite frequently 'cause they help me out whenever possible over the phone or if I'm on site. You guys should check it out.

PyRo
11-24-2001, 06:01 AM
Hmm, Island Paintball Supply is the place that told me my was supposed to leak because it was old. The screwed me over a while ago when I still had my pro carblne and replaced a good valve. Another time I asked them if their as a fee for the guy to take apart my gun, because I needed a new o-ring on the valve of my Mirage. They told me no, took it apart, couldn't find a replacement ring, and tried to charge me for taking it apart. This was when they first started chargeing for taking your gun apart, so i guess the other guy didn't know. This coupled with a few other unpleasent experiances has be staying away from there.

donggie
11-24-2001, 08:00 AM
That honestly does not sound like the people from Island Paintball that I know. It may have been an isolated case with some of anthony's staff. Everyone that I have ever encountered there has been very friendly and VERY fair if not bend over backwards and take advantage of me fair. I have not met anyone there that did not reciprocate any gestures I or anyone has made to them. May have been a bad day for someone. Not sure. IMHO I only buy from them.

Don Florencio

MicrOMag
11-24-2001, 11:57 AM
ABC Paintball Supply in Bergen County, NJ is the best. There's multiple ABCs too, but this one is especially huge, one huge warehouse filled with paintball goods, you have to walk through like 5 rooms of stuff...almost makes u cry.

spacemanspiff
11-24-2001, 12:07 PM
Midstate paintball in Manville is good. The owner is cool he use to play and then he opened the store.
Impact in Edison is alright but they are more of an angel and cocker dealer. I go there cause they always have air.

rpm07
11-24-2001, 12:21 PM
DONT go to ABC paintball the owner always has a attitude their prices are the highest i ever saw. try paintball depot in legdewood or hackettstown nj the also have 2 feilds and their prices are go but if you want great prices just use the web

MicrOMag
11-24-2001, 02:46 PM
Um you sir are the biggest dumbass I've ever met. ABC paintball's prices being high, you must be a newbie to paintball, because $120 bucks for a case of proball at Paintball Depot is a rip. Paintball Depot has the worst prices and support around, its made by newbies, for newbies. God...sorry..hadda vent, I hate paintball depot so much, yet its like the only close store around, its saying something when I'll go an hour out of my way, rather then a 5 minute trip down to Paintball Depot.

rpm07
11-24-2001, 05:46 PM
First of all proball is $85.00 a case its more at the field thats why i dont buy it there. second paintball depot has be around a long time and the owner has been playing a long time. third i hope you dont think that the $1200 ABC charges for a emag is good its only $200 more then paintball depot. fourth i try not to buy for either 1 because they never have anything i need. plus i found you can pay less money for something on line and have it shipped next day air then to buy local. I hate to do that to a local guy but you have to do what you have to do. also i cant say anything bad about ABC field because i have not played there yet. as for depot field it is a little high in price but not a bad place to play micro let me know if you ever played at their field and how it is.

MicrOMag
11-24-2001, 06:05 PM
I played at their field in Hackettstown, they're alright, but they're like all woods fields and for new players. Its $120 for a case at the field and i think its just as much or like $10-$20 cheaper in the retail store...its $25 or $30 for 500 rounds of proball at the retail store, thats why i believe its like $100-$120 for the case at the store too.

Thordic
11-24-2001, 06:31 PM
MicrOMag, you didn't even read my post, did you?

ABC Paintball, in Ramsey, NJ, off Rt. 17, SUCKS. The owner, Carlos, is a loudmouthed, lying, other words I won't say here. I've personally seen him lie to customers, sell them things they don't need, verbally berate his employees, and make a young player come THIS close to crying. I spent a good 15 minutes talking to the player and his mother trying to help them out. The kid was ready to sell his Pirahna and quit the sport becuase of this guy.

His selection is large, yes. His prices are ehhh. They aren't really high, but they aren't the best either. His attitude, though, makes me willing to do just about anything to go ANYWHERE else but ABC. I refuse to give Carlos my business.

rpm07
11-24-2001, 09:03 PM
Thordic where do you go for your paintball stuff I live in Parsippany and need a good place. My friend Mike used to own Panther Paintball I dont know if you remember that place it was on 23 so I have been playing a long time and getting tired of looking for places. thanks