PDA

View Full Version : Pants: C4 or Hybrid?

mark_1791
04-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I need to buy some paintball pants. I currently wear jeans to play for the knee protection (kind of). I need to buy a pair of pants because running in jeans and the Texas summer DO NOT mix. I was thinking of either C4's or Hybrids. (I picked C4's instead of the C5's because ive heard that C5s are the same thing with different colors for $30 more). I need some help choosing. Also, if there are some other pants that are good, please throw them in and tell me how they are.

Important: because of the heat, good ventilation is a MUST. I would also like them to be light, flexible, and have good padding in the important places (knees, crotch). I would also like them to last me a long time without the stitching and such coming out, since this is a large investment for me.

Thanks!

tony3
04-09-2005, 01:02 PM
c4's are heavier and not as light and breezy as the hybirds will be, but they offer much superior protection. It is up to you, I'd suggest the hybirds though, cheaper is always the biggest plus for me. Also, look at the protos, very similar to hybird and cheaper.

paintballmonkey069
04-09-2005, 01:16 PM
people say the evil jegion pants r good to. check em' out :headbang:

JimmyBeam
04-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Proto

Phrontman
04-09-2005, 02:42 PM
well, Dye is good 'n all. BUT, just in case you DONT want to be like everyone else, pick yourself up a pair of CIRCLE pants. You can check em out at www.circlepaintball.com
I own a pair and they are marvelous. Extremely lightweight, indestructible knees, and the thing breathes like a marathon runner on a spring day(sorry for the cheesy metaphor!) Newho, check these guys out, they got 4/5 in P8NT magazine, only surpassed by the uber xpensive Dye c4's(5?) pants! Make the wise decision-go circle! :cheers:

BTW, you can pick a pair up for 68$

Glickman
04-09-2005, 03:02 PM
wow, those circle pants do look very breathable. the only problem i had with my 03 dye pants was they dont breath at all.

gonna take a look into those :D

player4
04-09-2005, 03:50 PM
C5's are really awesome pants. My friend owns a pair of them.

They actually have better breathing then my Dye hybrids (2004).

The C5's look like they are well constructed, and they look to be well worth their price (in person).

I'm not a big fan of Dye, considering that (from my personal experience) most of their products are horrible.

However, I love the C5 pants. I might even buy them, even though I already own a pair of hybrids.

mark_1791
04-09-2005, 05:39 PM
ok, well i just went paintballing today and on a slide into a bunker, i hurt my knee. I need very breatheable pants, but they have to have good protection too. I guess now my decision is between the C4 and the Circle (since the circle pants beat the hybrid)

How good of padding do those circle pants have?

Deltree
04-09-2005, 06:30 PM
The c4's look like they have a lot more padding but personally I love my hybrids in the heat because of how ventilated they are.

Lorenz0666
04-09-2005, 07:00 PM
i cant beleive anyone hasnt mention these pants yet, how bout the JT 04 Tourny Pants, you know the ones with the knee pads, those are great i've worn them beofre and loved them. if you go to actionvillage they are only 62.99, but they only have one left in stock, but i think these are the way to go

mark_1791
04-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the help y'all. I just ordered the DYE C5 pants because they have such good padding, and I definitely dont want to hurt my knees playing paintball. They also have good venting (I have heard)

Those Circle Agility pants look really cool though...

Yes, I know that I'm "just like every1 else" because I wear DYE pants, but I'm still different because I shoot a mag!

JAM
04-13-2005, 04:07 PM
the padding that's built into any of these pants can't protect your knees anyehere near as well as kneepads worn under your pants.

Lots of them to choose from.

phantomhitman
04-13-2005, 07:38 PM
c4
done, on to the next one

rkjunior303
04-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I've worn a pair of Evil Legion pants with Dye Core knee pads for the last year with no problems.. Great pants and light as hell, with the knee pads they offer the best protection.

Phrontman
04-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Alright, about the Circle Agility's. The knees will never rip. ever. All circle makes is quality stuff. However, about being able to slide on your knees and come out unscathed, get some kneepads to wear underneath. The Pants have incredibly tough nylon(I believe), but no real padding per se. Im on my knees alot(Do NOT read dirty) and just found for comforts sake that they work the best. So...If that helps, so be it. the fact that they do NOT have built in padding removes the weight that would have been there, but also forces you to make a decision on kneepads. Good Luck! :cheers:

EDIT:As long as the pants help you improve your game, no biggie right?

Maggot6
04-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Anyone have better pictures of the circle pants? Basically my plan is that once I get a few more upgrades, that I will not buy any more paintball equiptment(sp) for a year. And I would want pants that last - a year or more with no tears....The only thing I can compare to are the jt 04 pants, which well, my fiends crotch area ripped the first time playing, so I wont go for those.....

Athius
04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
people say the evil jegion pants r good to. check em' out :headbang:

Those people never had them they suck worst paintball pant ever. I know this because i have them.

REDRT
04-15-2005, 08:47 PM
C4 offers more protection than the Hybrid pants. I recently purchased the C5's. Lighter than the C4's and even more venting with the same amount of protection. They're nice. As with anything Dye they are costly, but quality is good.