PDA

View Full Version : Small Gun Glitch

germanman
04-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I got an E-Tac, and sometimes when I gas it up, it doesn't fire. I gotta screw around with the velocity for a while and it works again. It also seems that when I shoot it will shoot and then have a little blowoff (The hissing sound like gas is leaking) between shots. Is this normal, or what is wrong. Much obliged...

JoshK
04-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I got an E-Tac, and sometimes when I gas it up, it doesn't fire. I gotta screw around with the velocity for a while and it works again. It also seems that when I shoot it will shoot and then have a little blowoff (The hissing sound like gas is leaking) between shots. Is this normal, or what is wrong. Much obliged...

The blow off I would assume is something with the lvl 10...and if the velocity thing is too far out it wont fire.

Alpha
04-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Make sure your on/off is screwed on completely. I know with my uni if its not screwed in until it can't go any further (and it takes a bit of elbow torque to get er in there), my mag will chuff between shots. Also when you gas it up, do it briskly.

SteelSoul
04-10-2005, 10:21 AM
How long have you had the marker
Mags have some wear in time
As for the not firing check your carrier size for the lvl10 sounds like the one you have in there might be to small, try the next biggest size.

Hope this helps

SS :shooting:

rx2
04-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I am assuming that the leak is coming out of the back of the reg. As such, it sounds to me like your bolt is sticking, either because the carrier is too tight, or the spring you are using is too long. You are compensating for this by adjusting the regulator. However, the pressure required to get your marker to cycle properly is too high, and so the excess is venting out of the relief valve through the regulator nut. You must either switch to a looser carrier, of a smaller spring.

I suppose it is also possible that you have some dirt or an obstruction in your reg assembly. i once had a problem like this where it would cause the gun to fire erratically, and then vent out of the back. If the first suggestion doesn't fix it, you could try checking that.