PDA

View Full Version : pro classic questions

american iron
04-09-2005, 09:59 PM
well now that the pro classic has come out im getting a mag finaly but i found out a few days ago i cant get nitrogen any more so could you answer the following questions for me
1 if i use an antisiphon tank run to a expantion chamber would that be good enough to keep out liquid ill use a remote if i absolutly have to but i really dont want to i dont really like them
2 besides the x valve are there anyother automag upgrades that cant use co2?
3 could someone direct me to another site that sells automag upgrades? i can only find the automag comoany site

as you can tell when it comes to automags im a retard :tard:

american iron
04-10-2005, 11:25 AM
also is classic valve tourny legal i heard most mags arent

Vulcan
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
I made this post here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172367) which is essentialy the same quetion. I've decided to start with a male stabilizer and if needed I will get my tanks A/S.

tolley
04-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Most any mag will function with CO2, that is, it will fire. CO2 gets very cold as it decompresses and will shrink and even freeze soft materials in a paintball marker, like o-rings. Rapid firing will cause this to happen after as few as say 6-7 shots. The result on a mag is that it will probably begin to leak badly in a number of places or maybe just lockup until it thaws.

This can be helped by using expansion chambers, regulators, remote lines, and anti-siphon tanks. But with continued rapid firing you'll still have problems.

I'm no professional AGD tech but that is my experience.

Compressed air tanks can be found used now for as little as $30-40 , I'd just go that route.

Duck Hunt
04-14-2005, 09:47 PM
If you're hell bent on using Co2, then an anti syphon tank and stabilizer are the way to go. The Level 10 is picky with Co2, but it will work.

The biggest thing you have to worry about with Co2 is keeping it a gas. You need to let it expand as much as possible. I think Palmer-Pursuit.com is your best bet for Co2 Expansion chambers. Rapid firing will make Co2 turn into liquid faster, BUT, with a Classic Valve...I doubt you'll get higher that 6 BPS.

Good Luck and post pics of the Pro Classic if you get it!

Sean

I REPEAT DO NOT! USE A REGULATOR. THE POINT OF A REGULATOR IS TO "REGULATE" THE PRESSURE, THE MAG VALVE ALREADY DOES. THEREFORE ITS POINTLESS AND IS KNOWN TO STARVE THE VALVE.

stoupa
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
If you're hell bent on using Co2, then an anti syphon tank and stabilizer are the way to go. The Level 10 is picky with Co2, but it will work.

The biggest thing you have to worry about with Co2 is keeping it a gas. You need to let it expand as much as possible. I think Palmer-Pursuit.com is your best bet for Co2 Expansion chambers. Rapid firing will make Co2 turn into liquid faster, BUT, with a Classic Valve...I doubt you'll get higher that 6 BPS.

Good Luck and post pics of the Pro Classic if you get it!

Sean

I REPEAT DO NOT! USE A REGULATOR. THE POINT OF A REGULATOR IS TO "REGULATE" THE PRESSURE, THE MAG VALVE ALREADY DOES. THEREFORE ITS POINTLESS AND IS KNOWN TO STARVE THE VALVE.

I'll try to correct this a little. The problem with "starving the valve" is not from using extra regulator, but using 3 regulators in total (one in the Mag valve, one on the HPA tank, and another one, probably in the ASA). Using another regulator when running CO2 is a good thing, you would have then a double regulated gas supply (you also have double regulated system when using HPA as there is a regulator on every HPA bottle).
And Palmers don't make any expansion chambers, but they make the best regs to use with CO2. :)

NoForts4Me
05-09-2005, 11:10 AM
The main thing on using the Palmer Reg with the Mag is to make sure it is opened up to let in 800psi or so.

I used a Classic, ULT'd, LvL 10 mag this weekend with an anti-siphoned CO2 tank and expansion chamber, and had 0 problems. I layed on the trigger a few times too. Unless the temp gets to around 40 deg, I usually don't have problems. Before I installed the ULT, the LvL 10 gave me no problems. With the ULT, if I shoot a half to a full hopper in one string, the LvL 10 will leak until it warms up a little, and then it will stop. But I rarely shoot that much at once.

LoneShark
05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Now I'am confused :tard: . See my post and answers on 5-4-05, "New 68classic AutoMag, need info". If I open the Sidewinder reg up to 700, which is it's max outflow, can I use it and will the Mag perform to specs?? This would act as a double regulated system with CO2. I think it would also have some expansion effects. I have been looking for an expansion chamber but if it's not required I could save the money!

NoForts4Me
05-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Now I'am confused :tard: . See my post and answers on 5-4-05, "New 68classic AutoMag, need info". If I open the Sidewinder reg up to 700, which is it's max outflow, can I use it and will the Mag perform to specs?? This would act as a double regulated system with CO2. I think it would also have some expansion effects. I have been looking for an expansion chamber but if it's not required I could save the money!You can try it, but from what I understand, Classics need between 750-800 psi to work. 700 may not be enough.

fred1
05-10-2005, 12:04 PM
i have also heard that the stock cocker regs (forogt there name) works really well with Co2 and is probably alot cheaper then a palmer stab..cause of the people parting there stock cocker parts. i think that would be worth a try.

stupiddogg
05-10-2005, 12:12 PM
I have a lnib red palmer stab for a darn good price , pm me if interested

bleachit
05-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I actually emailed palmer pursuits about the output pressure on the Stabilizer for CO2 use on a mag.. they said that about 500 psi would work alright. I dont have a gauge on my stabilizer, but I believe I was told that when the screw that adjusts the pressure is even with the bottom of the reg, its at about 500 psi, which is about where I originally had it on my mag..

anywho, at 700 psi you should be alright with the mag... try it.