PDA

View Full Version : mag+raceframe project

Vaktathi
04-10-2005, 01:08 AM
allright...later this year, maybe around november, I'm gonna start my mag project. ideally, I'd like to have an xvalved, green Karta bodied mag and then slap a raceframe on it (like what PBX did with their ebladed mag). I estimate it will cost $1055 plus s&h and tax, but I'm hoping it will be worth it, although I may just cannibalise my current raceframe and slap it on there anyway to cut the cost and then switch the frames whenever I feel like switching guns.

any ideas, comments etc regarding this?

(yes I posted this on PBN too, but I'd like to get input from here as well)

Lord_Whoopass
04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
suggestion... just get a devilmag... :D ;)

personman
04-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Um.. that's not going to work...

player4
04-10-2005, 10:27 AM
PBX made an entire new valve system, which was compadable (SP) with an electric frame they designed themselves. I don't think they actually used an E-blade.

Maggot6
04-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Classifieds section has some good karta's and xvalves they you may want. Cheaper than new and just as good :)

Mr. Mouse
04-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Ya really, it doesnt have to be a project, just get a devil mag and tell devil what you want on it and he will do it, or you can buy the devil mag and buy the karta later, either or go with the devil mag, it will be so much more worth it then putting that other frame on it

Chronobreak
04-11-2005, 01:37 PM
suggestion... just get a devilmag... :D ;)

yeah if he ordered it now it might be done by then too :p

the pbx e-framed mag is completely diff

you would need a noid to activate the gun,theres no room in the e-frame for one.
blah blah blah..its not happening :sleeping:

wad04
04-11-2005, 01:40 PM
hwo can you go about your lives!

ao has been hacked!@#$!#%

Chronobreak
04-11-2005, 01:45 PM

just the main page.

i gues people wil recieve post to threads and use the links and find their way back..and the main wil probly be back up soon enough

btw theres already thread for that..(that YOU replied in)

JoshK
04-11-2005, 03:28 PM
just the main page.

i gues people wil recieve post to threads and use the links and find their way back..and the main wil probly be back up soon enough

btw theres already thread for that..(that YOU replied in)

These pages were hacked also...they came on some times between 1:00 and now...

Also...all you people saying "just get a devil mag...blah...blah...blah" where is your imagination!!! (and creativity)

WARPED1
04-11-2005, 03:44 PM

Who cares?!

nicad
04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
The Race frame, although a sear-tripper frame, will not trip a mag sear (even with ULT). The 'noid in the race frame does not have the power to push a mag sear. Even if you put a larger (hyperframe, etc) noid in it, the battery alone will not have the capacity to dump enough at once to trip the mag sear, and if you added capacitor (hyperframe, etc) I dont know if the race board is design to switch that much current on and off.

long story short- dont try it with a raceframe-- To get it to work youll end up with a hyperframe or even an Eclipse E-frame.. Not trying to kill your project, just saying what will and won't work..
hope this helps-
Colin

Vaktathi
04-11-2005, 11:05 PM
ok, thanks, thats what I needed to know.

so the raceframe won't trip the sear...how much would an emag with a green Karta body cost do you think then? (since AGD won't let you choose the Karta body from their website)

Chronobreak
04-11-2005, 11:08 PM
new?

e-mags ae what 800+300 for a karta..

you do the math..

i could be wrong,im sure tunaman sells them tunamart.com

Vaktathi
04-12-2005, 12:33 AM
ok, sounds good, $1100 is about what I was expecting, prolly $950 if I got a used emag I'm guessing.

tyrion2323
04-12-2005, 12:52 AM
On AO, emags go for about 800 used. on PBN and ebay, they go for much less, usually...maybe 500 if you're lucky.

As for the race-frame idea...I actually suggest waiting until the mq-Valve comes out. Why build a 'mag off of technology that is just about to be replaced?