PDA

View Full Version : Running for Senior Class Pres, HELP!!!

RingOfScale
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey guys! I decided on the fly Friday to run for Senior Class President. (Well I was planning on it earlier this year, but forgot until this week.)

Getting the 100 signatures to be put on the ballot is no problem, I got the first 40 in only 2 classes Friday. But the problem is, now I have to find a way to win.

I'm running against a girl named Devna. I don't know her very well, but heres what I do know:

1. EVERYONE thinks shes nice, so they all want to vote for her.
2. EVERYONE knows shes a girl, so they want to vote for her.

Yeah, I know. I'm dead. Shes not exactly popular, but shes at least somewhat well known. There are still large crowds that we are both equally unknown to, so I'm not completly sunk.

From when I've met this girl, she seems a bit laid back, and reserved. I'm one of those hyper fun-loving psycho people ... which could serve well for the class pres, especially around homecoming time. I don't think Devna has as much of this extrovertedness as I do, which would favor me some, if i can get people to realise it. How do you suggest I go about advertise myself to people as someone who knows how to have fun, but can still be seriousness enough to get things done when needed?

More importantly, how can I pull people away from Devna without mudd-slinging (which isn't really allowed in highschool campaigns...)

Any help would be appreciated.

~thanks

-Will Laaser
Future (hopefully!) Class President of the Senior Class of 2006

kosmo
04-10-2005, 04:21 AM
Free beer! :cheers:

RevBrown
04-10-2005, 04:52 AM
When I was in school I ran for chorus president. I had many of the same circumstances facing me. But I was a totally unknown, super quiet, oddball kid. With a clear loud voice and speaking my principles I won the class over.

Just remember your strong points. Speak them clear enough for everyone to hear. Oh and remember your strong points.

mcveighr
04-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Most popular person wins.

gimp
04-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Get her knocked up.

HoboJudge
04-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I too have a problem and I'm running for class president. Last year I run unopposed for treasurer, but had a great speech anyway. People really loved it and still mention it to me soemtimes. Everyone encouraged me to run for class president. I could easily beat the current class president. I'm by no means popular, but most people seem to like me a lot. A fair amount of people seem to like our current class president, but numerous people have told me they do not. He is not popular either. However, someone else is apparently also intending to run. He is also liked by everyone. I like him. But he is slightly more popular than me. We're on even terms except for that little thing, so I'm in a tough spot. A good speech can win you the election. Just remember to put some thought into it and make it humorous.

Will Wood
04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Throw a huge party at your house.
Couple kegs and you win.

Warewolf50
04-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Get her knocked up.

still laughing bout that one.

But in all seriousness just have a good speach and talk bout the issues that you all really care about. And tell everyone that there will be not more homework EVER, that alwasy works.

The Action Figure
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
get fat then swallow them in your human absorbing mass

RingOfScale
04-13-2005, 08:51 PM
UPDATE :::

Forgot to say there are no speachers, only a 200 word thing we get to put in the school newspaper.

Good news and bad news ...

BAD NEWS: 2 more people joined the race, and one of them its a uper hot azn chick (damnit ! all the guys r gonna vote for her). The other one everyone hates tho, so shes no threat.

GOOD NEWS: I recruited the help of a very well known (popular?) girl to help with my campaign. She informed be that most of the "popular" crowd isnt actually that big of fans for that azn girl, so i might not be screwed yet ...
We also came up with some great campaign ideas.... (our handouts the few days before the vote are going to be custom made bracelet things... u know, the rubber ones, like the "Livestrong" bracelets ??? they are a hella popular trend around here... anyway, mine are going to say "Will4SeniorPrez"

Kevmaster
04-13-2005, 10:31 PM
put up more fliers than she does.

get white bed sheets. paint them with your name. hang them from the roof (if allowed)

put up tons of flieres

go around and meet people at lunch and such

put up more fliers

oh...on all the fliers, dont even MENTIOn the other cantidates...just put a picture of you, your name (in bold letters) and what you're running for.

nippinout
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
If you do something completely awesome, you'll get the votes. High schoolers will vote for anybody who does something completely awesome even if there is a blood feud that would have precluded that action prior to doing something completely awesome..

RingOfScale
04-14-2005, 01:26 AM
eehhh ? what sorta completely awsome thing ?

MedicDVG
04-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Vote for Pedro!

xmetal2001
04-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Well, in 6th grade making a fool outta myself singing a blues song i wrote as my speech won me President...that probably won't work for you...

SIGSays
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
one time... i tried going for class secretary...
as you see.. i'm wasn't successful...
as long as your white you can do it!
i think being asian shot down all my chances...

RingOfScale
04-15-2005, 01:13 AM
being azn wont shoot you down if your female ... and hot ... then u get all the votes. I dont even know who i'm going to vote for yet ...