PDA

View Full Version : CCM Series 5 vs. RT ULE Custom

boroballer
04-10-2005, 02:47 AM
ahhh guys i dont know what to do...ive had a couple of mags b4 and really liked them, but now ive gotta move up and these r the best mech markers @ my level, i need some advice, price for the ccm 5 would b a lil less, but i dont want to offend the automag gods....plz gimme a lil help here

Recon by Fire
04-10-2005, 05:01 AM
You can't go wrong which ever one you choose. But if you were going for the CCM try to get the J2 instead. But between the choice of a J2 and RT Mag I would go with the Mag for the big cost difference.

Outlaw5
04-10-2005, 07:41 AM
It all depends on what types of play you prefer. If you think you would be interested in pump play then the Chippley is the way to go because you can convert it with the their pump kit. If stock is not you style or not something you want to get into then I would go with the Rt. If you are a tinkerer thent he Chippley would be fun for the reasons of conversion back and forth and the little things to keep the Chippley timed. Now, a freind of mine has a Chippley and there will be very little tinkering to do because it keeps the timing and set up for a long time. Just know that overtiem you have to fine tune it. If you want easy and low maintenance then the Rt is the way to go. If you are a speed baller the Rt is a smaller profile and the Ule trigger will help you in the speed arena until, hopefully the PTP air assisted frame comes out. Remember its all about your style of play and what you are willing to do maintenance wise for your peice. Hope this helps. My 50 cents...... :rolleyes:

teufelhunden
04-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Get an Ion.

player4
04-10-2005, 10:24 AM
You can't go wrong which ever one you choose. But if you were going for the CCM try to get the J2 instead. But between the choice of a J2 and RT Mag I would go with the Mag for the big cost difference.

I'm not sure, but I think CCM is not allowed to make the J2 any more.

The '05 J2 was going to be the fastest autococker on the market (even without the use of QEVs), but something happened.

I'm not entirely sure if this is authentic, but my friend fowarded this e-mail to me (which he directly received from CCM):

"From: "Oakes"

>To: "Nick Bergman"

>Subject: RE: >Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:37:39 -0700 >

>You are too kind.

>You are also lucky. We were served papers by WGP today and will no longer be selling semi-automatic J2's (you are the last consumer of a semi-auto J2 ever made) although we will continue to sell other guns, and parts."

Lorenz0666
04-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Get an Ion.

i dont think thats waht he was asking

teufelhunden
04-10-2005, 11:01 AM
i dont think thats waht he was asking

It's still the right answer.

NoForts4Me
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
It's still the right answer.Why is it the right answer? He obviously wants a mech. So if he had wanted a Palmers Blazer, would the ION be the answer? How about if he wanted to know the best pump? Ahh, get an ION instead, it shoots faster. I'm sure the ION is a great gun, but it doesn't fit everyone's style of play or taste in markers.

On topic...eh, I don't know which is best, I've never shot either ;) !

stondroopy
04-11-2005, 06:17 PM
well i own a j2, Its very nice to shoot and doesnt chop(And I short Stroke like mad :D ) I used to be able to fire faster with my mag but only slightly. 1200 psi will get me 4 pods and a hopper on the j2 as well, not to shabby. Also i really hope there still making the j2 and series 5 still there very nice guns. You could checkout CCMowners.com for more info

peewee
04-11-2005, 11:40 PM
:confused: Thats a hard choice. If CCM is under fire from K2 you better grab em while you can. The series V is the best bang for the buck for a cocker. The ule is alos a great gun. With my being a gun whore I say get both!!! :headbang:

boroballer
04-12-2005, 09:42 PM
i bought an s5 of pbnation today, i can still get a mag later but i appreciate all the input from u guys, and the ion was NEVER in consideration ;)

zeroack
04-13-2005, 06:51 AM
We have 2 Series 5 semis in stock... Great guns

peewee
04-13-2005, 09:57 AM
I checked the CCM owners group & they stopped all sales of the J2 & SV for the moment untill they can get things squared up with K2. K2 isnt coming after them over the pumps only the semi type markers.

Chris_automag_07
04-17-2005, 12:29 AM
does ccm have a website?

Recon by Fire
04-17-2005, 05:49 AM
does ccm have a website?

http://www.chipleymachine.com/ (CHIPLEY CUSTOM MACHINE)

Codekevin0403
04-17-2005, 12:23 PM
is the J2 the one with the 86 degree grip frame?

boroballer
04-17-2005, 12:48 PM
yeah and i think they put that frame on the late model series 5's as well, but im not sure