PDA

View Full Version : Heres one for all you cocker guys out there, All this talk about inline regs???

magman007
11-21-2001, 09:15 PM
With all this talk about regs recharging and inline regs recharging, and all that good stuff, it makes me wonder, what about the front reg on an autococker? Which one is gonna recharge fast enough to get the maximum performance out of your autococker? Has any body ever tested this? oh and by the by, how fast can a cocker cycle? Is one capable of 13 bps manually? I know the sandridge is stupid fast, what about a regular cocker tho?

MagMan5446
11-21-2001, 09:21 PM
A cocker will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

magic55
11-21-2001, 09:25 PM
my 96 year old grandmom can pull a trigger 38 bps... could it keep up with that?;)

Chaos
11-22-2001, 03:22 AM
actually, from my experience a cocker can't cycle as fast as you can pull the trigger. I have a hyperframe, and my cocker can keep up with as fast as the frame is limited to, but its limited at 12bps. I believe cockers can cycle at about 13-15bps before they start getting too slow. There is a certain time required for the back block to move the bolt the entire distance, and all that. If my frame went any faster, I think it would get really choppy. It depends a lot on your setup, and how properly timed your cocker is also.

As for the regs, they control different features. In a mag, its built into one reg, as opposed to a cocker which has 2 different regs.

MagMan5446
11-22-2001, 09:01 AM
I meant just a stock cocker. If it's timed right, than it'll shoot as fast as you can pull. Why is this? Because there is no way in hell anyone is going to shoot 13-15bps with a stock cocker.

E-Mag man
11-22-2001, 02:27 PM
if you want the fastest recharge rate get a jackhammer they have the same internals as the mag.