PDA

View Full Version : Sots per 47 ci, Stabilizer affect this at all?

The Mad Painter
11-21-2001, 10:06 PM
okay. i went out and played tonight, topped off my tank at 3k, and shot over 600 balls. now for any tank, id say okay, nice, good job. but i carry a 47 ci Pure Energy. small tank really, especially on a mag. its running from tank, into a Palmer Stab that just happens to be there, not doing anything relaly, then up to the AIR. now, im wandering if the stab is giving me better shots per tank, or if i take it off, i'll still get the same amount? im loving it, to be sure, just curious.

freakyt
11-21-2001, 11:50 PM
Unless the stablizer somehow bends the laws of physics, I think what your saying is impossible.

I don't think there is any reg that can make your mag seem more efficaint either. It takes the same mech. the same amount of air to push the same object at the same velocity.

PV=nRT

The Mad Painter
11-22-2001, 07:36 AM
i was just wandering because that was the best air effeciency i had ever gotten. i didnt know if it'd work like an expansion chamber, because that does help effeciency. it was also the most consistent id ever seen it. i chronoed 295, and field limit is 285. so i turned it down to 284. i chronoed 284, 284, 285, 284, 283, 284, then after 3 games, 283, 284, 284. so could that have been from the stab? im loving this gun. hehehe

freakyt
11-22-2001, 10:21 AM
Yes, it very good that you get +-1 fps with air on a mag. I get that too, on my mag, with my Crossfire 51ci stub 3000 psi. I don't run a stabalizer either. Lots of guys who run air say that a reg is a waste, it slows down your system. I don't know, though, if you like it, keep it on there. I would suggest trying it without the stabalizer once just to see if you still get +-1 fps.

Don't run an expansion chamber, that's a waste on air. Expansion chambers in general are a waste, even with C02. Only run a reg with C02. A reg might up your efficancy because it holds liquid back.

Yeap, Mags do that. Try seeing that a crony with a Tippman or a Piranha.

DarkPhoenix
11-23-2001, 11:51 AM
I used to have a 47cu in Flatline tank, till I changed the tank to an 88cu in. For a 47cu in, 600 shots is right around nominal. Of course, I was shooting a RT Pro and am unaware of any consistency differences between the two valves, besides the HPA only for the RT valve.

Temo Vryce
11-23-2001, 01:06 PM
I used to have a 47 AirAmerica and it would get about 500 rnds. Mind you it had a slow leak between the valve and the Reg. It was slow enough that it would lose about 1000 psi over a week so I was able to live with it. If you tank doesn't have any leaks then I could see it easily getting 600 rnds. I think the stab is just adding extra wieght to your mag. Just my $0.02.