PDA

View Full Version : An E-Mag battery question-?

Dude
11-21-2001, 10:32 PM
I charged the battery of my E-Mag for about four hours (one hour normal charge and three hours of trickle charge) and I had a problem. When checking on the battery at about 3 hours of charging the green light had already come on, but when I picked up the battery to see if it was hot, the light went back to red. I left the battery in the car, supposedly charging, for another hour and then unpluged it from its charger and put the battery on the gun. The electronics on the gun wouldn't come to life. Also, the battery was very cold. I put the battery into a different car to charge, where it is now, and the light was red.
What was going on and why wouldn't the battery charge or hold its charge?

ralicea
11-21-2001, 10:38 PM
You could have a defective battery.

Russ
11-21-2001, 11:03 PM
You could also not be making a good contact with the charger. Are you putting the field strip screw through the charger and battery to "lock" them together?

Dude
11-22-2001, 12:07 AM
Yes, I am putting the screw through the hole to connect the charger to the battery. I just went to get the battery out of the car and the light was green when I got it but, the LED lights on the marker's grip wouldn't come on after I removed the little yellow disconnect rod.

Russ
11-22-2001, 09:17 AM
Do you have a voltmeter? If so, check the voltage on the battery. When mines' fully charged, it measures just under 20 volts.

ralicea is probably right, though, a defective battery. Good Luck.

damageinc54
11-22-2001, 01:23 PM
I would not pay too much attention to the lights on the battery charger. Even with a full charge if I put mine back on the charger it will show red for about 20 minutes and then go green. You may have a problem with your hall effect sensor setting. If the hall effect sensor is activated when you power up the gun you will not get anything on your display. Make sure you are not holding the trigger in and make sure that your trigger magnet is adjusted far enough back so it is not activating the hall effect sensor when you power up the gun.

the123
11-22-2001, 02:21 PM
one way to check to see if it is, is remove the hall effects plug from off the board
If you open the grip it will be the center harness with 3 pins.
Remove that plug and try to power it up again.
If you're mag does NOT come on after that, call AGD service.
Brian

damageinc54
11-22-2001, 04:06 PM
I agree with Brian. If is not the hall effect sensor causing it then something else may be wrong. Another question I have is your display just not working or is nothing working at all? Does your plunger active when you pull the trigger or is the gun just dead?

Dude
11-22-2001, 06:11 PM
I am going to bring it into Rob at Pevs tomarrow and he'll fix it

damageinc54
11-22-2001, 09:18 PM
Good luck to ya. Hope we helped you.

adlar
11-23-2001, 08:54 AM
Looks like you guys really were paying attention in class.

damageinc54
11-24-2001, 01:08 AM
I was indeed paying attention in class. I took about five pages of notes. I was the guy at the back of the class that kept standing up because the chair was getting uncomfortable after about 6 hours in it :)