PDA

View Full Version : Light Weight Gun Get You Extra Bunker?

AGD202
04-12-2005, 09:42 PM
What are ur guys opinion on weight of a gun, does it get u that extra bunker or not?
I dont really think it does... but i have had ppl say it would... what do u all think

Will Wood
04-12-2005, 10:26 PM
English please?

fire1811
04-12-2005, 10:32 PM
extra bunker no
better snapshooting maybe

frop
04-12-2005, 11:14 PM
weight is simply a matter of hype & preference

Physco
04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Hard question. it depends if you are Used to the Weight or not. if so , Id say YEs.. goin from my Tricked A-5 to my Ule mag...BIG weight diff.... i used it saturday becuz friend wanted to use my pump. and God... i couldnt run past my first bunker..

tyrion2323
04-13-2005, 04:29 AM
weight is simply a matter of hype & preference

Weight's not a matter of hype... If something weighs more than something else, then it weighs more. It's a matter of personal choice and opinion as to how one deals with weight...

As for overal speed and manuverability, lighter markers will provide more of an edge than heavier markers, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "better" or "worse."

frop
04-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Weight's not a matter of hype... If something weighs more than something else, then it weighs more. It's a matter of personal choice and opinion as to how one deals with weight...

As for overal speed and manuverability, lighter markers will provide more of an edge than heavier markers, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "better" or "worse."

True, which is why I put in the prefence part. Hype ties into the 'my balls are bigger' syndrime inflicting much of the world where light weight becomes a bragging right & selling point to excess (My gun is .1oz lighter!).

Lohman446
04-13-2005, 06:03 AM
I agree, are we discussing the difference in weight of a sixteen pound set up compared to a four, where it can make a difference, or the difference of a few ounces or even a pound. How big of a difference in weight? From a warped stainless classis with a huge steel tank to a ULE with a 45/45 CF tank? or from one present super gun to another that weigh very close to the same.

Maggot6
04-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Yeah, Going from a friends bko to my emag(big weight difference) I didn't really notice anything, we were just running to see who could get further and every time we tied or were close. So, no I don't think the extra 3 pounds or, .0003 ounces matter much.

AGD202
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Moo

master_alexander
04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
moo?

Jakedubbleya
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
50 lbs wouldnt keep me from getting an extra bunker, let alone an extra 10.

ive seen guys whip around shoeboxes as well as ive seen somebody whip around a mag, the guy with the shoebox saying he cant handle the smaller gun because it isnt "sturdy" enough in his arms, guy with the mag saying he cant move as well with the larger marker.

I play better with a mid-sized marker, but i prefer to play with super light ones, cant even handle a shoebox lol.

Whatever works, size is something relative you your abilities/preferences, not to performance.
:cheers:

(baah)

"the FitZ"
04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
My gun tends to weigh more towards the end of the day. So I like to start out w/ a few reps w/ a ule mag. Then do a few more w/ a stainless emag. Then end it out back w/ the ule.

But the few pounds you shave off your gun + the few pounds you shave off your wallet may get you another bunker.

frop
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Moomoo? sigh...

EDIT: Lohman, dubleya, & somewhat maggot are on the right track.

Simple answer is, do whatever you feel is best. Unless its like the SS to ULE example, chances are, that any 'boost' to your performance is simply placebo. But hey, the couple ounces lighter your wallet will be WILL make a difference! :D

Hmmm, I get the feeling it's time to crawl back under my bridge.....

JoshK
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Moo
moo?

sigh...

Kids these days... :rolleyes:

AGD202
04-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Dont mess with the Moo. :tard:

Lorenz0666
04-13-2005, 09:02 PM
"the extra 2 oz off my gun is the diffrence between the 50 and the ten for me"...please, i had a plyer tell me this one time with his timmy, i think those kids are retarded

moo? i'll go with it

BeaverEater
04-13-2005, 09:08 PM
extra bunker no
better snapshooting maybe

Are people now thinking the weight of the gun makes you a better runner?

WenULiVeUdiE
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Weight isnt always the problem. My old cocker weighed in at 10lbs. and was extremely unbalanced. The end result was noticably running slower towards the end of the day. But now with my 'Mag weighing in at only 9.5lbs and well balanced, I do not notice any difference in running speed.

Sometimes I do not like playing with a light gun. I feel like I can just break it into 2.

kramer
04-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I play primarily front in Xball/Speedball so for me weight is an issue - I like the idea of having a marker that is so light that I almst forget I have it (tall order I know, but still). When I played rec back in the day, no - it didnt matter. just my 2c.

ultralight
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
if were talking about the difference between my mag w/ss body and my mag w/ule body then no.

if were talking the difference between my VM-68 magnum w/29 oz of Co2 in two separate bottles and my ule,x-valved mag then yes.

afultz075
04-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Weight is not a real big issue for me. I feel I can move around just as fast with something as light as say a Freestyle just as well as a Cocker.

However, I do feel I have somewhat of an edge with the lightness my Phantom VSC. The gun has to weigh only around 3 lbs (if that even) loaded with paint and a 12g and is incredibly balanced to boot. I feel that being at least half to 1/3 of the weight of a traditional setup I can move just a tad faster since it's so much lighter. It also seems I can work the marker a bit quicker due to this.

nippinout
04-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Paintball players are not athletes. We're merely enthusiasts that like to shoot guns at other people shooting back at us. Shaving off 3 ounces isn't going to do a thing for your game.

If you are worried about making it a position faster, you should be worried about your atheltic abilities, and not your gun's weight. The only exercise we get is showing off our trigger speeds, not how fast we can run the 100m.

peewee
04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
At 5'10" & 280 I dont think an extra couple ounces is going to help or hinder. ;)

SpecialBlend2786
04-14-2005, 12:37 AM
I've always felt that guns that were not SUPER light but had a tad of weight to them had most stable firing platforms than super lightweight guns.

but that's just me.

AGD202
04-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Paintball players are not athletes. We're merely enthusiasts that like to shoot guns at other people shooting back at us. Shaving off 3 ounces isn't going to do a thing for your game.

If you are worried about making it a position faster, you should be worried about your atheltic abilities, and not your gun's weight. The only exercise we get is showing off our trigger speeds, not how fast we can run the 100m.

Im not gonna say that I am some big time athlete... but u do have to be in shape to get up the field if ur playing front... i am able to do that but i dont exactly agree with the "merely enthusiasts" i would put that more at ppl who make guns just to have them... not the ppl who have like 1 gun and go out to play

Enemy
04-14-2005, 04:50 PM

i agree with him!!

the 5 lbs we save in weight on our gun pales in comparision to the 50 pounds of fat some of us carry around!!

edited in: whoot whoot 1000th post!

phelix
04-14-2005, 08:20 PM
well, many paintball players are good sprinters. I recently held a phantom, and i was amazed at how light it was. granted, it doesn't have a tank or a loader, but still. I really think that if I used a phantom and me and a different guy were running at the same fifty, i would have time to bunker him while he was getting pretty.

Codekevin0403
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
i doubt that it can get you an extra bunker. To tell you the truth, i find no difference lugging around a heavy marker on a speedball field. I mean, the games aren't that long, and the biggest problem about a heavy marker is the fact that it fatigues your hands after a long time. I guess it kinda helps with snapshooting, but to me, i don't care if it's 12 pounds or 1 pound, as long as it shoots fast, shoots straight, and, well, shoots, then i'm fine with it.

Thunder Bunny
04-16-2005, 07:53 AM
I gues it depends on how heavy Vs. how light. my phantom allows me to get into spots that would be hard with a regular sized semi. My cocker though doesnt seem heavy its just larger. My phantom I use is a 10 round VSC micro phantom. I am yet to use a gun of similar size, except my SC pump mag.

in short marker weight dosnt play as big of a role for me as marker size does.

Chemical-X
Stock class paintball (http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?)

^ should have been signed in as Chemical-X

tyrion2323
04-16-2005, 07:59 AM

YOU does not equal ALL PAINTBALL PLAYERS.

Some of us DO work out for the sport. I AM an athlete, and one of the SPORTS I play is paintball. Professional paintball teams DO work out. The Copenhagen Ducks [EXL past two years] perform quite a rigorous workout with drilling, running, stretching and more.