PDA

View Full Version : 1 week old, $1,700 dollar notebook... DOWN...

Echo419
04-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Ok so I got my system i had been talkin about getting last week.
this is the setup[b]
Cyber Power System s4 3000...
Intel Centrino 1.7 Ghz 2mb Cache...
1024 Megabytes of Corsair RAM...
ATI Radeon 9700+ 256mb Gfx...
Onboard 5.1 Surround Sound...
15.4" max = 1680x1050 LCD...
80gb 5600rpm Harddrive...
16X/4X cd-rw/dvd+rw Combo Drive ...
Internal Intel 54Mbs WiFi Card...
[b]that was the setup

Alrite... So last night, I was bieng a retard and was installing FlyAKite... for those of you who dont know what that is, it is something that allows your windows to look exactly like OSX... brilliant software. So on the requested reboot, my computer seemed to not be posting or doing anything for that matter... Upon further looking it actually was displaying something. The backlight of hte LCD is not on at all... you need a flashlight to read what it says, and just barely. Any option in windows that might allow you to turn/off my backlight. Keep in mind i hav ea Radeon 9700 mobility, so that might be a factor too... Other than that the computer is running great...

HELP

Here's a cool picture of it (with my myspace in it) for all of you thread hoppers
http://www.browndotdesign.com/MySpace/laptop.jpg

-echo help

Crighton
04-13-2005, 11:59 AM
One would assume the software you installed loads after windows does. You should still see the initial post and windows boot screens. Or at the very least a bootable windows CDrom should show up with graphics.

Sounds like a hardware problem.

Echo419
04-13-2005, 12:10 PM
You can see everytihng. just the backlight of the LCD does NOT work

Warrior_Rocker
04-13-2005, 02:28 PM
all i can say is you can try to reset the bios, it seems like to me that there is a problem with the bios's intialization of the backlight, if it was windows you would still see the 'window xp' screen, and the post screen produced by the bios. you can reset the bios by, unplugigng the laptop, taking out the battery, and finding the bios battery out, remove some of the pannels a tthe bottom to see if you can locate it, im not sure where it might be on one of those cyberpower notebooks

Echo419
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
travis why are u telling ME to do that... and it is showing the windows screen.. u just have to use a flashlight...

quik
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Told you.

Crighton
04-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Call warranty support

That's what it's there for.

Warrior_Rocker
04-13-2005, 04:59 PM
echo look, windows cannot do anygthing with your backlight during the startup phase, its only when the gui loads that it can proccess applications that could do that, so since it is not showing the windows screen, nor the post screen, i am once again correct, it wouldnt matter even if you took out your hd, and put in a knoppix boot cd it would have no effect, ....., common people where is your common sense

matmc89
04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I'll fix it

Bear_Claw
04-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Do what i did with my last laptop when it stoped working. HIT IT HARDER LOL.

I REALLY WISH I WAS JOKEING I ACTUALLY DID DO THIS. Needless to say that computer is FINISHED.

HEHEHE i actually have a history of Computer visical abuse. My first offence was punhing a Computer in Higschool when it froze and i lost my homework that i was actually doing for a change. Damage was a busted case (The CD rom and a empty slot) ended up DEEP inside the computer LOL OOOOOPPPPPSSSSS).